The RIAA is a bunch of assholes.

hungryduck

Tank
Reaction score
http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2006/08/riaa-wants-to-depose-dead-defendants.html
In Michigan, in Warner Bros. v. Scantlebury, after learning that the defendant had passed away, the RIAA made a motion to stay the case for 60 days in order to allow the family time to "grieve", after which time they want to start taking depositions of the late Mr. Scantlebury's children:

So the RIAA is suing a dead fathers children for the fathers downloading of music. This just goes to far, I think they are way overstepping their bounds. The RIAA has turned into a nasty orgranization that shows no apprecitation for artisty and excellence in music and only cares about ruining peoples lives. They have turned into a bunch of lawyers who basically like to hurt people and make them sad. **** you RIAA, **** you.

The RIAA is going to get pissed down the urinal of history in the coming decades IMO. When you start waging war on your own customers like this, you know shit can't bode well for you in the future.

I read this on HardOCP and yea it's pretty ****ed up.

I wonder why musicians that have some voice haven't started to oppose the RIAA......I mean, theres a ton of them who constantly voice out against president bush and israel bombing lebanon and such. Why haven't any of them noticeably voiced out against this corrupt organization?

because this corrupt organisation makes them rich, if they're mainstream that is, and the leftfield artists don't have much of a voice

Because they love the monies?

I try to steer clear of artists under the RIAA.

but the thing is, these days, a lot of independent artists ARE gaining a lot of voice. Look at wilco or the flaming lips. They put on concerts that 60,000 people go to. I think that is a pretty good opportunity to make some waves about the corruptness of the RIAA.....

aren't the flaming lips under the RIAA? I don't think there's much they could do.

the flaming lips arent exactly leftfield

the concept of "indie" has changed alot through the years you know

This is almost incentive to host my own RCIAA-only download FTP.
The RIAA seriously need to **** off. Corruption ftl.

the flaming lips arent exactly leftfield

the concept of "indie" has changed alot through the years you know

I guess so.....I would agree with that. I'm just suprised that musicians don't seem to care about the crap the RIAA pulls.......oh well

Back