The Stanley Parable HL2 Mod Released

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
stanley.jpg
[br]I always love to see interesting mods which play with the conventions of story telling in games and The Stanley Parable is an excellent mod by Cakebread, which does exactly that.
The Stanley Parable is an experimental narrative-driven first person game. It is an exploration of choice, freedom, storytelling and reality, all examined through the lens of what it means to play a video game. You will make a choice that does not matter. You will follow a story that has no end. You will play a game you cannot win.
The mod offers up a variety of choices and endings as well as some of the best voice acting for a mod. Be sure to not judge this mod on it's appearance, you would be foolish to do so![br]Download from The Stanley Parable Moddb page.

Play this mod! Amazing concept with great VO. Like Glenn said, don't let the appearance fool you. Also, try and play through the different endings. Supposedly there are six, but I have only managed to find four. Very much worth your time.

Play this mod! Amazing concept with great VO. Like Glenn said, don't let the appearance fool you. Also, try and play through the different endings. Supposedly there are six, but I have only managed to find four. Very much worth your time.

I agree, me and Glenn have only found 4 endings so far too, but I'll be looking for the others later.

Well well. Am pretty far from my HL2 PC now, but this looks interesting just from the news post. The name makes me think of Stanley Milgram... and if the mod is indeed a parable on that, it could be great. Looks like it has style.

Downloading it right now! Looks really cool.

One of the best mods I've played, simply because its the most original mod I've played. Highly recommend it.

ps, Can someone list the 5th and sixth ending?

What I'm assuming some of you are missing (I did too) is the fact that you can go down in the elevator by carefully pressing the lower of the buttons, (This leads to two more endings).

The path of completely disobeying the narrator was my favorite I think!

I think I've managed to find all the endings:

The "disobey everything" ending, the "good ending" (freedom), the "bad ending" (countdown one), the "Stanley goes crazy and is found dead" one, the "punishment ending" (the combine pod and crushing plate), and the "continue work for the rest of your life" ending"

Has anyone found any others? They were all really interesting, and definitely worth finding all of them. I would love to see some sort of stat tracking for this. It would be cool to find out which endings people got most often, and how many endings most people ended up finding. It's a really creative and thought-provoking mod; I liked it a lot.

With regard to the endings...
There are 6 possible endings, the one you've missed I think is when you go down in the elevator, and go through the blue door, then go through it again and when he takes it away, look behind you and go through it one more time.
I found that ending to be the most hilarious and if you missed it you should definitely go back and see it, especially because you end up somewhere else completely different :p

With regard to the endings...
There are 6 possible endings, the one you've missed I think is when you go down in the elevator, and go through the blue door, then go through it again and when he takes it away, look behind you and go through it one more time.
I found that ending to be the most hilarious and if you missed it you should definitely go back and see it, especially because you end up somewhere else completely different :p

Are you talking about the one where you
end up City 17?
That's the one I referred to as the "disobey everything" ending; it was actually the first one I got. That path was one of my favorites. The designer was incredibly clever with it.

Back