The Troll Hunter

Remus

Companion Cube
Reaction score
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740707/

A group of students investigate a series of mysterious bear killings, but learns that there are much more dangerous things going on.
They start to follow a mysterious hunter, learning that he is actually a troll hunter.

Has anyone seen this? I stumbled across the trailer for this by mistake, was intrigued, then watched it online. Even though I'm not a fan of Cloverfield or any of the other fake documentary style film, I liked this one.
The shaky cam is not exaggerated, there's enough character development to make you care about the characters, plus enough action and suspense to keep you interested until the end. Worth checking out.

Not on Netflix for streaming, so I'll probably never see it. Does look like a movie I'd watch though.

I watched the trailer long time ago,didnt know it was released by now,looks cool

and I am surprised it didnt get internet fame attention due to its name

It did get enough attention that an American version is being planed. Trolololol

It did get enough attention that an American version is being planed. Trolololol

I guess it will be directed by michael starring that guy of arrested development that is on tons of movies as the same character,and the troll destruction will be a paralel to 911

Am I missing a troll folklore joke with all the religious references? I kind of lol'd when he was like "I am Christian" but I didn't really get it :(

Am I missing a troll folklore joke with all the religious references?

I'm not familiar with the folklore either, but that's probably the case.

Trolls being able to smell christian blood is a staple in Asbjørnsen and Moe folktales.

Man, I really take modern special effects for granted. Nevertheless, I'll probably rent this if it comes to the local video store. Is that a Norwegian (or Scandinavian, European, Old World, whatever) troll? I always thought they were smaller.

Is that a Norwegian (or Scandinavian, European, Old World, whatever) troll? I always thought they were smaller.

I have no idea. Also until this movie I thought trolls were supposed to be only a bit bigger than a human (2 - 3 m tall), and not Godzilla size.

One thing to note is that there are multiple types of trolls in this movie:

-One type that is about grizzly bear size
-One that is about 4 m tall
-One that is about 6-8 m tall with 3 heads
-and last but not least the Godzilla size as seen in the video preview picture.

Traditionally they are whatever size is convenient for the story but never smaller than a man.

Back