***The (un)Official New User Title Thread/Poll***

Take your choice.

• Total voters
My pensai > starmonkey > darkstars idea > custom titles > everyone > you

...or something.

Dude...I'm gonna use that in my sig.

I like the "No user titles." idea. You won't have people saying, "HEADCRAB! N0000B! YUO NOT ALLOWED TO TALK!"

I like not having titles or custom ones also nice, but hell, the mods won't do the 2nd one, and I can understand them.

Not having them, well, I can deal with that.

OK I've got it. This is the perfect idea.

Make all the rankings relative to MY post count.

For example, "382 less posts than Vegeta", or "208 more posts than Vegeta"

That way everyone will be able to know my post count without having to look it up!

But it always has to be related to me, because I am the most important and also coolest member.

I like the allies one but I'd still like to be a Mega Pirate.

It seems that there is no definate, loved by all system. The most popular seem to be User Creation, Sprafa's idea #2 which is rather funny and Outposts idea for the join date....

Well if munro would tell us what would be allowed and what wouldn't... :(

yeah that'd help... maybe he's busy ;)
(getting the carrot suit dry cleaned obvously)

I can't help noticing you walked right over my idea and ignored it. Hell, in protest I will not vote.

Fat Tony! said:
Darkstar's idea > you

That's what I'm talking about.

Oh, also I want to add one more title into my list:

Carrotsuit.

I still think the coolest idea would be to charge for custom titles.
That way itd solve all the issues associated with them
And it would make them way neater

Plus the site could make easy money

But since thats prolly not very likely :p
I really like the idea of basing it on how long we've been here

I like how mine is ontop, it shows superiority :E

I quite like the date idea. I'd also approve the Allies/Enemies thing, and i also support titles for people with warnings, bans. So on. Oh, and warnings should fade over time.

lePobz said:
I can't help noticing you walked right over my idea and ignored it. Hell, in protest I will not vote.

In haste to get an 'official' poll, the starter decided not to wait/include all the options

Ikerous said:
I really like the idea of basing it on how long we've been here

That's gold.

Whatever system we choose it should definitely be based on this and not postcount.

DarkStar said:
That's gold.

Whatever system we choose it should definitely be based on this and not postcount.

but then... i can just join... sit back, get an awesome title, and pretend to be hell cool...

Note: I don't really need to pretend :D

Someone from the staff should give us an idea if whe're being taken seriously at least.

Sprafa said:
Someone from the staff should give us an idea if whe're being taken seriously at least.
Don't expect them to.

tbh my personal favourite is the periodic table idea.

Why is it not in the poll ;( ?

ComradeBadger said:
tbh my personal favourite is the periodic table idea.

Why is it not in the poll ;( ?
...because it sux0rz.

I think the post count with join date thing would be good if you got it right but it wouldn't work, so basically being this a halflife 2 site I think you don't really have much choice then to have halflife 2 related names somewhere in there and maybe have some stupid names/custom names up in the high post counts. Lets admit it, no one spams to get their post count up and if they do they will get warned so whats the problem.

But can you cope with carbon copies?

Edit: i would support a system based on the amount of time you actually are logged onto the forums.

the best system would be one that would take in acount how much time you've been around, how many warnings you've taken, which forums do you post more, how many posts do you do per day and how many posts you have in total.

I'm afraid that would take some hell of some haxes to do tho :eek:

Sprafa said:
the best system would be one that would take in acount how much time you've been around, how many warnings you've taken, which forums do you post more, how many posts do you do per day and how many posts you have in total.

I'm afraid that would take some hell of some haxes to do tho :eek:
Yea...but most of mods are to lazy to do those hacks...

I demand to know AT ONCE why the feudal system isn't up there!?

It literally owned the other ideas. Literally.

Well I would vote for yours el...only if I get a badass feudal title.

I hereby decree that Tr0n henceforth go by the title of

Viscount Pixelator of Alabama

You may spruce it up somewhat, should you wish.

Can anybody spice up my title a bit? "Earl of Absolute Spammage" doesnt quite cut it now :(

CREMATOR666 said:
Can anybody spice up my title a bit? "Earl of Absolute Spammage" doesnt quite cut it now :(
No, it doesn't really suit you.
Lord Chancellor of Cut-Enemies and Leaked-Content​
Better?

I really must stress that I do not in any way approve of a feudal system on these boards, unless it favours me.

Back