The Valve Holiday sale-ARG

Hardy_P

Medic
Reaction score
Last edited:
well if there isnt a reveal or anything at the end of it (it doesnt have to be HL3) then meh

Marc Laidlaw said:

I asked around because I didn’t know anything about the ARG but people were asking me about it. It relates to the Steam sale only as far as I can tell. It is not intended as a way to roll out a new game

in an email. This is just a Steam sale easter egg, nothing more.

I'm an active member of the discord and reddit community of the ARG, and you will not beleve the conclusions we have made as a community.
This is connected to valve and a game, all signs leading to Half-life.
OR, Valve is the ultimate troll, getting pleasure from fools like me and 50k more people :D

I'm an active member of the discord and reddit community of the ARG, and you will not beleve the conclusions we have made as a community.
This is connected to valve and a game, all signs leading to Half-life.
OR, Valve is the ultimate troll, getting pleasure from fools like me and 50k more people :D
I've been following it as well but it seems like much ado about nothing to me. All of the conclusions people seem to be reaching are really grasping at straws and reading way too much into things and this ARG is not meaty at all compared to Valve's big Portal ARGs. I really don't think it's anything more than a tease.

That being said I sure hope I'm wrong for being skeptical. If Valve announced HL3 at CES this week I would lose my ****ing mind. I just don't think it's gonna happen. I mean seriously the ARG badge was called Red Herring.

we got the Red Herring, but there are still a lot of clues which didnt do anything. I think for now the ARG is considered finished, but I still have hope that there is more. Besides Marc Laidlaw said that the Lambda and Crowbar just look like artifacts to him, but seriously? Artifacts like those? In a Valve picture? For their most beloved franchise? What about the 1v7531 Code? 7531 makes a lambda on the numpad, 1v can be arranged as a hand holding a crowbar, exactly like in the image and the lambda you make with 7531 has 4 pixels exactly like in the image. AND 1v7531 means "3" in some weird way according to Lambda Generation. This is not "reading way too much into things".
Maybe there will be more clues with the next sale? Or some other time? I still have hope, but not much ;)

THE NUMBERS MASON! WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

THE NUMBERS MASON! WHAT DO THEY MEAN?
Nothing, the ARG was clearly designed and put together after most people started claiming they were on to something. The ARG was a waste of time designed specifically to let people get an extra badge.

Nothing, the ARG was clearly designed and put together after most people started claiming they were on to something. The ARG was a waste of time designed specifically to let people get an extra badge.
You would not BELIEVE the number of downvotes and salty insults I got for arguing this point in the HL subreddit while this was going on.

Or maybe you would since if you've been there you know how naive a big chunk of the community there is.

Back