The Walking Dead Season 3 - Welcome to Prison

Lucid

The Freeman
Reaction score

I hate to say it but this season looks like it'll redeem the series.

The only things I'm iffy about are the lack of Tyrese anywhere in that trailer and the rearrangement of who meets the Governor first(which seems to be all due to not wanting to limit Rick's character in any way... ****ing stupid really).

Let the violent dissection commence.

I remember I posted that I'd love it if Merle came back with a chainsaw grafted to where his hand used to be. looks I was almost right

You asked for it, Lucid!

Bell ringing as someone enters an abandoned store: Yeah, okay, the zombie just looks ahead knowingly, instead of turning around to inspect the noise. Can anyone say "consistency?" Because the writers can't.

No emotional reaction from that black woman when she encounters two zombies, as she calmly stabs one in the chest and beheads them both in a bloody swipe. Seems kind of dangerous... I thought they weren't supposed to get zombie blood on them or they'd, you know, turn into a zombie, but whatever. I haven't watched the second season yet so that might be explained away.

Now she has two zombies on chain leashes as she looks off into the distance with that white woman who can't act? Limp chains, nothing visibly obstructing their mouths, and they're just following along like obedient dogs? I exaggeratedly roll my eyes

The helicopter they're watching experiences sudden random technical problems and crashes. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Battle around the jail fence: So many little, terrible things. A crowd of zombies flat against the plane of the wide-open fence door somehow doesn't manage to push through at all as it's being closed. Main character guy walks around a free-standing power box or something like a soldier inching around a long concrete wall. A zombie surprises some girl, and she screams at it like she thinks they're scared of noise. People hooking their melee weapons through the fence - yeah that's smart, risk getting your weapon caught in the fence if a zombie comes up behind you, which it probably would because you all have the spatial awareness of ****ing rocks.

"Anyone runs off, they could get mistaken for a walker." You mean the ones that can't run, can't talk, can't use body language, and are rotting zombies? Makes perfect sense.

Zombie chase scene in the dark prison hallways: Somehow, running people manage to be slower than shambling zombies.

A second "AMC Presents" title screen, over halfway into the trailer.

Firing a crossbow at a zombie that's like six feet from a human who already has two guns. Wildly unsafe and stupid.

"Who the hell are you?!" he says as he points his crossbow AT A ****ING ZOMBIE.

Terrible.

You asked for it, Lucid!

Bell ringing as someone enters an abandoned store: Yeah, okay, the zombie just looks ahead knowingly, instead of turning around to inspect the noise. Can anyone say "consistency?" Because the writers can't.

No emotional reaction from that black woman when she encounters two zombies, as she calmly stabs one in the chest and beheads them both in a bloody swipe. Seems kind of dangerous... I thought they weren't supposed to get zombie blood on them or they'd, you know, turn into a zombie, but whatever. I haven't watched the second season yet so that might be explained away.

Now she has two zombies on chain leashes as she looks off into the distance with that white woman who can't act? Limp chains, nothing visibly obstructing their mouths, and they're just following along like obedient dogs? I exaggeratedly roll my eyes

The helicopter they're watching experiences sudden random technical problems and crashes. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Battle around the jail fence: So many little, terrible things. A crowd of zombies flat against the plane of the wide-open fence door somehow doesn't manage to push through at all as it's being closed. Main character guy walks around a free-standing power box or something like a soldier inching around a long concrete wall. A zombie surprises some girl, and she screams at it like she thinks they're scared of noise. People hooking their melee weapons through the fence - yeah that's smart, risk getting your weapon caught in the fence if a zombie comes up behind you, which it probably would because you all have the spatial awareness of ****ing rocks.

"Anyone runs off, they could get mistaken for a walker." You mean the ones that can't run, can't talk, can't use body language, and are rotting zombies? Makes perfect sense.

Zombie chase scene in the dark prison hallways: Somehow, running people manage to be slower than shambling zombies.

A second "AMC Presents" title screen, over halfway into the trailer.

Firing a crossbow at a zombie that's like six feet from a human who already has two guns. Wildly unsafe and stupid.

"Who the hell are you?!" he says as he points his crossbow AT A ****ING ZOMBIE.

Terrible.

The blood thing is explained in Season 2, and the two zombies on chain leashes have their lower jaws and arms removed. Other than that you're pretty much spot on.

STIGMATA STOP CRITICIZING THE WALKING DEAD GOOOODDDDDDDD

Merl and Darrel are my favorite characters in the show. Recently watched all of Season 1 and 2 on netflix over a couple days. "Soophia!!!" haha

Just finished reading the first Walking Dead compendium since I never got too far in the comics.
This show officially sucks so much god damned ass, quite possibly the worst executed adaptation ever.

That is all.

I did a binge of the comics over the summer, and I have to agree that the show leaves you a little disappointed.

I think it was always going to be hard for them to do justice to the source material, as there are certain rules to the formula of television that the comic is not constrained by. Standing alone by itself the show would be a perfectly decent (if plodding) series, but as an adaptation of the comic? It just feels slow and censored.

I will most likely still watch the show, but it's clear that events surrounding the prison and Woodbury are going to be very, very different indeed.

I think the Tell-Tale game did the right thing by writing a different story in the same universe. It manages to maintain a similar tone without interfering with the established plot. Where as the TV show is always going to be judged harshly when changes are made to the original.

Just finished reading the first Walking Dead compendium since I never got too far in the comics.
This show officially sucks so much god damned ass, quite possibly the worst executed adaptation ever.

That is all.
As someone who never read the comics or source material the show is great fun. My wife even likes it and she usually doesnt like scary type stuff. It's a good show.

No, the characters are all wrong and retarded and the way events are going is all wrong.
The exclusion of Tyrese is a massive blow to the series in my book(though, it seems that they've replaced him with ****ing T-Dogg who is just so incredibly two dimensional), the way they're bringing in Michonne is all wrong and is going to impact the way the story unfolds in a bad way no less, the person they cast as the governor is completely wrong and I highly doubt that the guy will get the job done, and then there's the problem with every character being completely out of character... the show had a great framework for the characters already mapped out and they opted to make them all as incompetent and as boring as possible.
I think that the only decently adapted characters we have so far are Glenn and Maggie.

God, I could go on forever.

I never read the comics, and I think the show is shitty. It had potential and squandered it, and then had a second chance, and then squandered that. I'd rate this up in the "Two and a Half Men" level of "shitty yet somehow popular tv shows."

I think it started to drag a little when they were on the farm basically.. just living farm life. The only drama that happened was because of children or dumb decisions (Hershel going to the bar, etc)

I'm excited to see what will happen at the prison. That'd be a decent place but I imagine it'd attract a lot of refugees like them

The woman who plays Michonne in the trailer is not how I feel she acts or looks at all. Even her dreadlocks are all sloppy and long.They just didn't cast anyone correctly I feel. I can't even imagine the actor who plays Rick going through the transformation that Rick does in the comics.

I was almost hoping that the show would pick up now that they are in the prison. After watching the entire trailer I see that they have completely stripped the story down from the comics as well. The moment Rick walks into Woodbury he gets his hand chopped off and Michonne gets brutally raped. Which obviously isn't what happens in the trailer... I'm sure they also aren't going to add the part where the governor is keeping his dead daughter fed by killing people in the town... Or that he keeps thir heads on a display so he can watch them at night.... This is undoubtedly the worst adaptation of any piece of literature that I have seen.

The woman who plays Michonne in the trailer is not how I feel she acts or looks at all. Even her dreadlocks are all sloppy and long.They just didn't cast anyone correctly I feel. I can't even imagine the actor who plays Rick going through the transformation that Rick does in the comics.

I was almost hoping that the show would pick up now that they are in the prison. After watching the entire trailer I see that they have completely stripped the story down from the comics as well. The moment Rick walks into Woodbury he gets his hand chopped off and Michonne gets brutally raped. Which obviously isn't what happens in the trailer... I'm sure they also aren't going to add the part where the governor is keeping his dead daughter fed by killing people in the town... Or that he keeps thir heads on a display so he can watch them at night.... This is undoubtedly the worst adaptation of any piece of literature that I have seen.

Man, I got future potential episodes of this show ruined, as well as the comics if I ever decided to read them.

FANTASTIC.

Man, I got future potential episodes of this show ruined, as well as the comics if I ever decided to read them.

FANTASTIC.
Meh... It's my least favorite part and it all happens at the beginning of the volume... There are plenty of other things that happen at the same time that I haven't spoiled :)

So... pretty intense season premier, I liked it.

Thought I have to wonder why they were scared to death of two zombies down in the prison basement, when they killed 50 zombies like it was nothing the day before.

I enjoyed the episode.

I find their methods entirely stupid though. Why rush into the yard when you can keep stabbing zombies at the fence until the numbers are far reduced.

Needless danger for further drama.

The premier wasn't absolutely terrible but it still doesn't quite redeem the series for how shit it's been.
Liked the prison takeover.
Replacing Dale's role in the series with Herschel is bizarre but I guess it could work... even if the way it was handled was completely retarded.

I also hate that they didn't show us them surviving the winter but I'm also glad that they didn't due to how poorly the writers handle character interaction.

Love watching the series and then playing L4D after, can't beat it haha.

I love this goddamn show and dont give a damn about its adaptation to the comic. Never read it and don't care. The show standalone is great entertainment.

I love this goddamn show and dont give a damn about its adaptation to the comic. Never read it and don't care. The show standalone is great entertainment.

Agreed.

i think it's been long established that this shows derision from the comics plot or narrative is the least of it's problems. doesn't even come close, really.

So glad Rick is not a pussy, he's bad-****ing ass now and makes all the decisions I want him to. Aside from one.

he should've killed the other prisoners

Couldn't agree more. Season 1 was awesome, season 2 was kind of slow and dragged on, season 3 is kicking ****ing ass so far. Lots of ass. Mounds of ass.
The premier wasn't absolutely terrible but it still doesn't quite redeem the series for how shit it's been.
Liked the prison takeover.
Replacing Dale's role in the series with Herschel is bizarre but I guess it could work... even if the way it was handled was completely retarded.

I also hate that they didn't show us them surviving the winter but I'm also glad that they didn't due to how poorly the writers handle character interaction.
They're somewhere down south. I don't really think it gets all that cold so winter survival wouldn't be any different.

Read the comics!
It shows a bit of their exploits in the winter time.

And nah, it can get pretty damn cold.
Cold enough to freeze zombies and freeze your own nuts off.

I'm actually kind of liking the season so far, glad that they got Rick into his give-no-f*cks mindset finally.

Also, Lori acknowledging her shittiness and then that moment at the end with her and Rick was almost heart breaking. :(

Hey everyone, I'm sure we can all agree that atleast the make-up and effects are awesome.

iNc9gpN0KATs7.gif

I hatred for Carl goes beyond simply being annoyed at him during the episodes. It's a strong, active, passionate hatred. I loathe him with all my being. I have discovered myself thinking at how much I despise the little shit when studying, when working, when drinking. It's gotten to the point where I don't even want to see him killed on the show, because I enjoy hating him so much.

that gas mask part actually made me flinch when i saw it

Carl isn't as bad anymore. He's way more independent and WAY less of a little pussy. Kills walkers n shit now.

Carl owns now, Monkey... you are WRONG.

I disagree, Carl's worse now than ever, because hes "independent". Thinks he's tough shit "hey I killed two walkers to get the medicine to save the day, no biggie" **** you, you arrogant shit. I agree with Monkey 100%. Somebody better than him is going to get killed because of him, mark my words.

But other than that, this season is actually decent so far. Katana lady is still the stupidest thing ever, comics or no. But other than that, they finally seem to be making quasi-comprehensible decisions.

Also, can somebody remind me why Carl and Rick hate whatsherface so much now? I honestly dont remember. Last I recall Rick found out she had been bangin' Shane and he was like "whatevs I still luv u".

I disagree, Carl's worse now than ever, because hes "independent". Thinks he's tough shit "hey I killed two walkers to get the medicine to save the day, no biggie" **** you, you arrogant shit. I agree with Monkey 100%. Somebody better than him is going to get killed because of him, mark my words.

But other than that, this season is actually decent so far. Katana lady is still the stupidest thing ever, comics or no. But other than that, they finally seem to be making quasi-comprehensible decisions.

Also, can somebody remind me why Carl and Rick hate whatsherface so much now? I honestly dont remember. Last I recall Rick found out she had been bangin' Shane and he was like "whatevs I still luv u".
Last season she was a total bitch. She would tell Rick to kill Shane, treated Rick like shit, then when he actually does kill Shane she gives him total shit because of it. Also she tells him the baby might not be his, yells at him for her sleeping with Shane. Just a huge **** in general. She completely deserves every bit of hate she gets.

Sunday nights episode was ****ing REAL.

When Rick did what he did to Tomas, that was the final breaking point for me. I was kind of on the fence about Ricks true character, thinking he's just being a tough bad ass because he needs to be but deep down hes the same guy. WRONG. Rick has changed for good. I'm not sure if I love it or hate it at this point. He's practically a less hot-headed version of Shane now.

Last season she was a total bitch. She would tell Rick to kill Shane, treated Rick like shit, then when he actually does kill Shane she gives him total shit because of it. Also she tells him the baby might not be his, yells at him for her sleeping with Shane. Just a huge **** in general. She completely deserves every bit of hate she gets.
Yeah, I remember all that stuff, and agree she sucks. I just didnt remember there being such animosity between them, especially with Carl.

Also Shinra, you do it the same as with quotes. Just write the word spoiler inside brackets [ ] and to end the spoiler you do the same, but write [/spoiler]

Yeah, I remember all that stuff, and agree she sucks. I just didnt remember there being such animosity between them, especially with Carl.

Also Shinra, you do it the same as with quotes. Just write the word spoiler inside brackets [ ] and to end the spoiler you do the same, but write [/spoiler]

Thanks Krynn

I feel like an idiot now.

And I agree with Krynn about Carl. I couldn't stand him when he was a pussy, and I can't stand him now.

Am I the only one who misses Dale and the RV? Lot's of good memories there. Just...gone now. Gone. God this show gets to me.

I miss Shane, he was entertaining. Dale was a good character too for the most part. Kids are either great or a failure, and this kid ain't great (but he's not Anakin bad at least). Rick's actor is knocking it out of the park this season though, good work there.

Him killing the jackass prisoner was just self-defense, the guy had already tried to off him twice in the span of 30 seconds. The guy he chased into the yard was definitely a gray area though.

Really irritated with Carl's new-found independence. Nothing good will come of it, and I agree with another poster who said that a much better character is going to pay for it.

I think Michonne (or whatever) is a pretty silly character, comic book or not. We'll see. It looks like we'll see a lot more of her and Andrea for this next episode.

Meh... It's my least favorite part and it all happens at the beginning of the volume... There are plenty of other things that happen at the same time that I haven't spoiled :)

I just got to that part. It's almost 30 ****ing comics in! Not at the beginning of anything. Thanks to this spoiler all I could think about was it and I knew what was going to happen before it did. Totally ruined any suspense for me the moment I saw the sign for Woodbury.

Back