The Walking Dead Season 3 - Welcome to Prison

Goddamn, scrolling through all those posts arguing semantics over how closely based on the comic books this show is was depressing.

Yeah, the ambush scene was BS. But it seems pretty clear that he wanted to use them as an example to scare his people into thinking he's doing a good job. Thats what the whole speech was about.
This. The way he just pulled his gun out and shot the first soldier, he should have been swiss cheese within the next 5 seconds. They obviously just did it for dramatic effect so we can all see how badass and cold The Gov is.

...and basically he shot the soldiers so that their supplies and equipment would be all his, no questions asked. If he'd have brought them back to Woodbury, he'd have had to share that shit and besides, we all know he's dirty and so are his men. I doubt the soldiers would morally go along with anything The Gov and his guys do to keep control over Woodbury and keep supplies and equipment coming in.

Easier to just mow them down, take all their stuff and play hero when he returns with scary stories about how even soldiers are getting f*cked on the outside.

Lobster you just blew my mind with that fact.

I'm glad they're bringing Tyreese in, he was great in the comics. He storyline is obviously going to be different since Tyreese is coming in at a different stage but I'm loving season 3 so far so I have confidence they can do something awesome with him.

Can't believe how many bullets they wasted in ep 10. No recoil, no reloading, and now no aiming at human targets.

Holy shit, they turned The Gov into a complete demon in the most recent few Eps. Like frigging Lucifer himself.

Also on the ending of the last Ep: It's like, everyone knows Merle was a dick and they tried to give him some semblance of redemption with his actions before he died but you still saw him as mostly a dick. Felt really shitty for Daryl, though, which I guess was the point. When he was with The Gov it was - Oh, okay, he shot him, he's dead, fair dos. Daryl mashing his face in after finding him as a zombo, though, I didn't see that coming. Pretty impacting scene, too, given the aggressive way in which Daryl totally destroyed him.

Holy shit, they turned The Gov into a complete demon in the most recent few Eps. Like frigging Lucifer himself.

Also on the ending of the last Ep: It's like, everyone knows Merle was a dick and they tried to give him some semblance of redemption with his actions before he died but you still saw him as mostly a dick. Felt really shitty for Daryl, though, which I guess was the point. When he was with The Gov it was - Oh, okay, he shot him, he's dead, fair dos. Daryl mashing his face in after finding him as a zombo, though, I didn't see that coming. Pretty impacting scene, too, given the aggressive way in which Daryl totally destroyed him.
Couldn't agree more. It was a brilliant episode. I was beginning to lose interest, the way the last 3 or 4 episodes were playing out, but this made up for it. Can't wait for the finale now.
I'm kinda hoping that Michonne tells Daryl about Merle. That he did it for the group. Although I think he's smart enough to work it out himself, it'd still be a cool to see it acknowledged between the characters.

Couldn't agree more. It was a brilliant episode. I was beginning to lose interest, the way the last 3 or 4 episodes were playing out, but this made up for it. Can't wait for the finale now.
Yeah, it started to grate on me a little that they were drawing out the whole "we're going to war" thing. It was a pretty tense build-up but the more episodes they spent f*cking around and stretching it, the more I was like "So are they gonna have this epic battle or what?" but judging by the preview for the next Ep we're gonna see some 'splosions. I agree last Ep was the best one for a while. The pace was slowing but this kicked it back up a tonne of notches.

Hahahaha that is damn funny. In the coming finale I'm gonna spend the entire episode waiting for someone to shout 'ANDYYYY' now. :LOL:

Carl's balls grow bigger by the episode, someone finally tells Rick the way it is. Somebody wants you to take their gun from them and not put it down like they told you, sorry, you're getting shot. At this point I'd say he's the only bright spot in the show. I think I even cheered a little when Andrea moved her shirt, bout time her stupidity caught up with her.

Yeah, glad she died so we can stop watching her terrible scenes. This second half of the season was pretty damn good, I have to admit. Still got lots of the token bullshit scenarios (millions of zombies out of thin air after establishing shots of the surroundings show nobody, infinite ammo, etc). Some pretty well done emotional scenes, especially the guy who Rick met in the first season. Glad he was shown again, but I'm hoping he's not gone forever. The whole "war" thing played out pretty well too, but the prison attack was kinda BS. Even a poorly trained militia wouldn't retreat that quickly. Curious to see whats to happen with the Guv', would have thought they'd end that plot line right here. Now he's probably only going to play a bit part in the next season as filler for the main story arc, which is unfortunate.

Not sure what to make of Carl. He's kinda right, half of the deaths in this season would have been avoided had somebody just killed someone when they had the chance. That was a pretty obvious motif for this part of the season (Morgan and his wife, Andrea and the governor, etc). But Carl seems to have taken that mentality to a dangerous level. He's going to be a right bastard in the next season.

Ahh shoot. Shouldn't have come in here before watching the finale.

What a weak finale, so disappointing. What's the point in building up to a big climax if you're gonna throw it right at the end?

Yeah, my sister and I said the same thing. They resolved a lot of things, but did so in a unspectacular fashion. The Governor just disappearing/giving up for seemingly no reason is the biggest let down though.

Agreed. My missus thought it was a good finale. I was disappointed. So many things that were very anti-climactic. The prison assault being one.
20+ heavily armed people, some trained, wielding automatic weapons, truck mounted large cal guns, and RPG's.... storm the prison.... 2 defenders shoot back, and the attackers all leg it? Really? If I was the Guv, I'd have shot them all too..... Well, ok maybe not, but that's not the point...

Glad Andrea is finally gone. Been hoping she'd get it since halfway through the first season. In season 2 I really, really took to hating her character. In this season, she just seemed redundant for most of it.

I think the Guv being a heckling 'threat' throughout season 4 is going to get irritating very fast. Without his 'army', how much of a threat is he really going to be? Carl being a dick too will get old real fast. This is the first time I've actually been wary of the next season.

Milton told her to get the bloody pliers, and Andrea just stops to have a conversation and pause every 2 seconds afterwards. The writers took their time butchering her character, whatever there was left to butcher anyways.

Carl made the right move shooting that ****er, he was told to put the gun down. But I can see how he'll become a cold mother****er after all the shit that's happened.

Milton told her to get the bloody pliers, and Andrea just stops to have a conversation and pause every 2 seconds afterwards. The writers took their time butchering her character, whatever there was left to butcher anyways.

Carl made the right move shooting that ****er, he was told to put the gun down. But I can see how he'll become a cold mother****er after all the shit that's happened.

Yeah, Andrea's scene was pissing me off. "Please hurry Andrea!" *stares at him for 15 seconds doing nothing* and repeat like four more times.

I too was suspicious of the kid when he tried to hand over the gun, rather than just putting it down. But I feel like Carl was going to shoot him anyways, since it seems like he just wanted to kill somebody. He was pissed when he wasn't allowed to join the killing before. He certainly didn't kill the kid for the good of the group.

He could've just said to stop, take a step back, and slowly lower the gun to the ground. But I guess he doesn't exactly have that kind of thought process being a kid, and I do sort of get that he was probably looking to kill a baddie.

It's pretty obvious that they're building him up to be some sort of problem in the future.

Very weak finale. As usual the action sequences are horribly amateurish. The two people in the prison fire on 30 or so people right in front of them, and yet not a single one is hit? Then later, the Governor is gunning down his own people, all of whom are armed, and no one thinks to fire back?

I'm glad Carl killed the guy and I'm glad Andrea is dead. Other than that, nothing interesting happened. I'm not even sure I'm gonna watch season 4.

Not sure if anyone's watching S4, but they just changed ep 6 to the Governer's perspective. Seems like he'll be in for an interesting time.

The show has taken a SHARP rise in quality this season. They've knocked every episode out of the park so far.

The first half of Season 4 was great IMO. The show has really recovered from its 2nd season slump... 3rd season could have been better but season 4 is taking things in a direction I like.

Also, who cares if it's not like the comic. I've read all the comics through several times and I love them and the show both for their own merits.

Back