The Walking Dead: Season Two (Telltale Games)

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Keep that hair short..."

1421063_10151724792753597_131938736_o.jpg

Officially hyped as shit.

Wait, like... the game is out on the 29th?

Well the first episode anyway it would seem.

Teaser.

Steam page up, listed only as "coming soon" but has some screens and info.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261030/

I was actually really hoping they'd let us play as Clementine this time around, but it's interesting that she's still so young. I guess skipping a few years and turning her into the grizzled teen survivor would have been too easy, but I wonder how they'll give the same weight to your moral choices as a child as they had to Lee as an adult. I guess being that much more vulnerable will mean your decisions might matter more to your survival, but I can't imagine they'd deal with making "bad choices" by just shoving in a bunch more fail states. Also seeing Clem die a bunch if I mess up is going to suck.

Yeah, what I meant by "I was really hoping" was "I'm really glad the thing I hoped would happen is happening." I just wrote it really awkwardly for some reason.

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THIS

Loved episode 1, but not as much as season 1 or The Wolf Among Us. I'm not sure if I like the more desperate and sad tone compared to season 1.

Omid's death happened too fast. It needed more time to remind you that Omid is a character you're supposed to care about. The scene made me really angry, but it could've made me angrier. The dog part was the obligatory "oh yeah, this is Telltale's Walking Dead" scene. Terrible and awesome.

Clem stitching up her own wounds was the first thing in TWD to ever make me feel nauseous. And the gore was nothing compared to other stuff in the game.

Episode 1 was a brilliant episode, and I'm really glad I replayed 400 Days earlier that day. I can't really fault it in any particular way, other than a small number of instances involving stiff animation during a select few wide shots.

Loved episode one. Unrelatedly, it's the first time I've been in the minority for most of the major decisions for an episode of TWD.

Loved it as well. As soon as I finished, I watched both Mack and Mesh's play-throughs too.

I kind of wish I didn't make that last decision the way I did. Was a bit out of character for me.
I went to Nick. I usually am the kind to try and save disadvantaged people, and I did like Pete (i think that was his name) better. But god damnit, this game turned me into a cold bastard. Nick yelled out that he had ammo, and that's all it took for me to go to him.

Also, that dog part took me completely off-guard. I was all ready and excited for cliche-time with it becoming my best friend and shit. Mother****ers.

I agree that Omid's death happened way too early into it. I certainly wasn't nearly as upset about it as I would have been had it happened at the end of the last season. And I had just (not an hour earlier in the day) finished replaying season one. I still needed time to let it settle in that Clem did in-fact find them, and that they were having a baby. That said... the next scene where Christa was no longer pregnant and yet without child got to me quite a bit.

I kind of wish I didn't make that last decision the way I did. Was a bit out of character for me.
I see you and I made the same final choice. Though I made it for a different reason.
I chose to help Nick out strictly because of the fact that Pete's leg looked pretty darn bit to me. And unlike Clementine's dog bite, we saw it happen, and it was undoubtedly a walker bite. So, even if I helped Pete, he wouldn't have survived for too long anyway. So, with that in mind, I decided that Nick was in more immediate danger and decided to go to him, in case he needed help shooting the swarm of walkers around him. Pete did say Nick was prone to getting cold feet with a rifle, after all.

I see you and I made the same final choice. Though I made it for a different reason.
I chose to help Nick out strictly because of the fact that Pete's leg looked pretty darn bit to me. And unlike Clementine's dog bite, we saw it happen, and it was undoubtedly a walker bite. So, even if I helped Pete, he wouldn't have survived for too long anyway. So, with that in mind, I decided that Nick was in more immediate danger and decided to go to him, in case he needed help shooting the swarm of walkers around him. Pete did say Nick was prone to getting cold feet with a rifle, after all.
The walker bite probably did have a bit to do with it, but more from the back of my mind. But I probably still would have given him the chance, until Nick's comment on having ammo sealed the deal.
I considered quitting before it saved and replaying it because I immediately regretted the decision, but thats sometimes the point of the game, so now I have to deal with my regretful choice.

I considered quitting before it saved and replaying it because I immediately regretted the decision, but thats sometimes the point of the game, so now I have to deal with my regretful choice.
I couldn't agree more. Our choices in TWD are supposed to haunt us just like they would if it were real.

Just finished eps 1-3, love playing these in bulk so I waited a while to get it.
I'm glad the Carver camp lasted only this one episode and it was well paced. I feel bad for Sarah though, she's retarded but too nice to have to put up with this shit. Not meant for walking through herds in guts!

Just finished eps 1-3, love playing these in bulk so I waited a while to get it.
I'm glad the Carver camp lasted only this one episode and it was well paced. I feel bad for Sarah though, she's retarded but too nice to have to put up with this shit. Not meant for walking through herds in guts!
Frankly I find her annoying as hell. I try to be nice and cordial with her when I have to talk to her, but I'm not sticking my neck out for her anymore. When she couldn't even prune a god damn plant is when I got pissed at her and let her fail at it while doing mine properly. Frankly she could use some time alone in zombie infested woods to harden the **** up. It doesn't need to be the way Carver wanted it with everyone being hardass mother****ers, but you also can't be that big of a pussy.

Also, only 18% of people didn't hack off Sarita's hand, that kinda surprised me. I figured we could just do it later and that she'd probably want her hand to help get out of the hoard first. All y'all mother****ers are too goddamn eager to cut off people's limbs.

Well we all saw what happened to Lee. Though if that axe is already stained with Walker shit, it might be pointless (if it gets that technical). I think the main problem with Sarah's upbringing in this world is her dad sheltering her so much, that shit's no good.

So I just finished watching Amid the Ruins....
dH5VAFo.gif

I'm pretty mad at Telltale for what they did, really, you guys just had to use that plot twist :shifty:

PS: Any ideas for/thoughts about the finale ?

I finished Amid the Ruins and I got to say I was a bit disappointed with the character deaths. They were all glossed over, it feels more rushed to get to the next "thing" rather than allowing us to take a moment and reflect on what happened.

@Up
I dunno, I thought that Sarah's death was a rather good choice, just like everyone else said, she was just useless and annoying. But I have to say I was a little sorry for her. And I knew, heck, everybody knew, they would kill off Rebecca, but man... my heart stopped when she turned, I don't know if she became a walker faster than that coach from the first season, but still. And those russians, the guy who was playing didn't rob Arvo and they still came back, I feel it's going to be similar to the situation in the second episode with Bonnie. :p

Achievements for "No Going Back" are here, I don't think that there might be any major spoilers, but SPOILER WARNING anyway -
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/No_Going_Back

I feel bad for what happened and that I may have caused it :( if that was their job, they succeeded

(two things actually)

Back