TheNerdNews: Man dies after dog falls onto car

thenerdguy

Reaction score
Man dies after dog falls onto car from overpass

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10929060/

LIVONIA, Mich. - A dog apparently fell from a freeway overpass and crashed through a car windshield, fatally injuring the driver, police said Thursday.

Charles G. Jetchick, 81, died Wednesday of injuries suffered in the accident over the weekend in suburban Detroit. A passenger suffered minor injuries.

Investigators do not believe the 60- to 70-pound Labrador retriever was thrown, but rather fell by while trying to avoid a car, State Police Sgt. Michael A. Shaw said. Police questioned the dog’s owner. The dog died after a fall of about 16 feet.
Despite his injuries, Jetchick was able to steer his car in a straight line and stop safely, Shaw said.
“We’ve had rocks and other stuff like that fall off of overpasses. This would be the first dog we’ve had,” said Shaw, who has been with the state police for 11 years.

Hamster, snake best friends

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10903211/

TOKYO - Gohan and Aochan make strange bedfellows: one's a 3.5-inch dwarf hamster; the other is a yard-long rat snake.

Zookeepers at Tokyo's Mutsugoro Okoku zoo presented the hamster — whose name is a tasty rice dish in Japanese — to Aochan as a snack in October, after the snake refused to eat frozen mice.

But instead of indulging, Aochan decided to make friends with the furry rodent, according to keeper Kazuya Yamamoto. The pair have shared a cage since.
"I've never seen anything like it. Gohan sometimes even climbs onto Aochan to take a nap on his back," Yamamoto said.

Aochan, a 2-year-old male Japanese rat snake, eventually developed an appetite for frozen rodents but has so far shown no signs of gobbling up Gohan — despite her name.

"We named her Gohan as a joke," Yamamoto chuckled. "But I don't think there's any danger. Aochan seems to enjoy Gohan's company very much."

The Tokyo zoo also keeps a range of mostly livestock animals, and promotes "cross-breed interaction," according to Yamamoto.

But Gohan and Aochan's case was "was a complete accident," Yamamoto said.

Tell-tale parrot exposes cheating girlfriend
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10704041/

LONDON - Chris Taylor, a 30-year-old British computer programmer, grew suspicious of his live-in girlfriend when his pet parrot began to imitate her saying, “I love you, Gary.”

Ziggy, an 8-year-old African gray parrot, would also make kissing noises whenever the name Gary was mentioned on TV and would mimic Suzy Collins saying, “Hiya, Gary,” every time she answered her mobile phone.

Confronted with the evidence, Collins admitted to a month-long affair with a coworker named Gary and moved out of their shared Leeds apartment that same night.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

“I wasn’t sorry to see the back of Suzy after what she did, but it really broke my heart to let Ziggy go,” Taylor, 30, told the Times of London in its online edition Tuesday. “I love him to bits and I really miss having him around, but it was torture hearing him repeat that name over and over again.

“Ziggy was one in a million; he was a loyal friend, and I have no doubt he was looking out for me.”

Taylor said Ziggy, who was named after a David Bowie song, has found a new home thanks to a local parrot dealer.

Collins, 25, told the newspaper she was staying with friends and said she shed no tears for the tell-tale bird.

“I’m not proud of what I did but I’m sure Chris would be the first to admit we were having problems,” said Collins, a call-center worker. “We had spoken about splitting up several times and I think it was inevitable.”

She added: “I’m surprised to hear he’s got rid of that bloody bird; he spent more time talking to it than he did to me. I couldn’t stand Ziggy, and it looks now the feeling was mutual.”

Location, location, locationhttp://reuters.excite.com/article/20060120/2006-01-20T185609Z_01_L20788175_RTRIDST_0_ODD-IRELAND-SHED-DC.html

DUBLIN (Reuters) - It's about the size of a garden shed, has no electricity and a toilet with no sewage outlet.

But such is Ireland's property boom that the grandly named Neptune Cottage in county Wicklow has been put on the market for 120,000 euros ($145,100) -- all 200 square feet of it.

"They don't come up that often, which is why it's generating so much interest," said Roisin O'Grady, an assistant at auctioneers Hassett (www.hassett.ie) who put the property on the market.

The tiny timber-framed hut would not be tranquil -- it backs on to the Dublin-Rosslare rail line -- but does face the beach at Kilcoole, Wicklow, about 25 miles outside Dublin.

It measures 15 feet 6 inches by 12 feet 8 inches and is divided into two little rooms, one with a kitchen and a bed while the "living room" sleeps three, on a sofa and a divan bed, O'Grady said.

The property has a felt roof, uses bottled gas for cooking and heating and only has an outside chemical toilet.

Ireland has one of the fastest growing economies in the euro area and the boom has fueled a surge in construction. The cost of homes tripled between 1997 and 2004.

There wasnt much going on today. :(

Sweet, thenerdnews are back :D

Sad story though. That's random.

Well there will be more News post in about 28 tp 30 days. Thats when my current contract is up and ill be back in the states. :)

Lol the nerd news is back..............

good one dood, welcome back with another Cool news

Back