There are gman sightings

the 3rd is easy not to notice, but the 2nd i havent seen.

I've heard of and seen a single screenshot of one at the White Forest Inn. Never seen it myself though.

BTW, is it just me or is the G-Man becoming more difficult to spot with each passing game? In HL1 most of his appearances were very obvious and happened almost right in front of you. In HL2 they became a bit out of the way and you needed to pay attention to spot him. In Episode Two it's very difficult to see him even if you actively look out for him.

I've heard of and seen a single screenshot of one at the White Forest Inn. Never seen it myself though.

BTW, is it just me or is the G-Man becoming more difficult to spot with each passing game? In HL1 most of his appearances were very obvious and happened almost right in front of you. In HL2 they became a bit out of the way and you needed to pay attention to spot him. In Episode Two it's very difficult to see him even if you actively look out for him.

In HL1 I rounded a corner to open a door and there is Gman just right up at the door staring at me....scared the crap out of me!

Yeah I just though about that when I checked the other sightings listed there..it's truly becoming harder..

Second time through on commentary I saw him on all sightings lol.

There is another one out there, IIRC near the White Forest Inn.

Commentary reveals that there are chance sightings of a Combine Lookout and a Hunter before the battle at the Inn, but I don't believe the G-Man is there.

Commentary reveals that there are chance sightings of a Combine Lookout and a Hunter before the battle at the Inn, but I don't believe the G-Man is there.

I've yet to spot the soldier but I did see the hunters on my playthrough with commentary. Not the g-man though, but it's a big area.

I've yet to spot the soldier but I did see the hunters on my playthrough with commentary.
Haven't seen him myself, though I did hear him rather loudly last time I played, which I thought was odd.

Saw the hunter -- revealed that there was an ambush coming up. Didn't see the outlook though.

I didn't see either of them...the hunter nor the scout soldier.

I'm not convinced you can see the Soldier. He sounds so loud he might as well be on top of the car but a quick pan shows no sign of him. I'll definately check again at some point but I think it's just the sound triggered to alert you.

Wow...I only spotted the first one, which is quite hard to miss...

I saw him at all the listed places. I'm wondering if he really is at the inn.

There's a console command to list all the entities present in the map. We should try that and see.

Well, I was all over that place and didn't see him. However, half way up to the inn I went back and got Alyx, so I might have triggered the scene and missed it.

i wouldn't consider the gman cut scene a 'gman sighting' lol. its a not a sighting at all.

I just played it through again and I spotted him, the 3rd one. I was looking at the monitor bank and there he appeared large as life. Quite startled me actually. I've never actually seen him on the bridge although I've seen preview screenshots.

Thinking about it maybe Eli saw him too hence his conversation about him.

I saw the first one, and the bridge one. I DID see a screenshot of the Inn one, and he is in the inn and walks past the window as you come up to it. i need to see the third one as well.

I just played it through again and I spotted him, the 3rd one. I was looking at the monitor bank and there he appeared large as life. Quite startled me actually. I've never actually seen him on the bridge although I've seen preview screenshots.

Thinking about it maybe Eli saw him too hence his conversation about him.

No, Alyx says to him, "Dad, prepare for unforseen consequences" ... then once Alyx leaves the room, he says "Unforseen consequences... last time I heard those words was back at Black Mesa. You had just stepped into the test chamber when he whispered them in my ear."

So Alyx set him off about him.

Wikipedia said:
...Alyx is visited by the G-Man who informs her that it is not her time...
No he doesn't. Whoever wrote that has a case of the silly.

His appearance on the monitors in White Forest is one of my favourite G-Man sightings of all. It's very dramatic and he looks so gloriously malevolent.

Grr curse me for not having ADD and focusing on what's going on :|

The only one I actually knew about was the one where's he's near the hotrod on the bridge, although I've tried several times to find him there and failed.

You had written G-Man as "gman" and White Forest Inn as "white forest inn". Don't worry, I fixed it for you :p

Ah thanks :D

The only one I actually knew about was the one where's he's near the hotrod on the bridge, although I've tried several times to find him there and failed.

Hopefully this will help - that computer screen alyx brings up the picture of the car on? Go to the left of that, and look at the peice of bridge nearest you with you zoom (z for PC, R3 for 360). Hope that helps.

Back