This application has failed to start because d3d11.dll was not found. Re-installing the application

blackout

Spy
Reaction score
Quote:
This application has failed to start because d3d11.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
...is what happens when I try to play AC3.

anyone know what this is and what to do about it? (and yes, I have tried reinstall- didn't work.)

I have a feeling its something to do with directx 11, which incidently is another issue I have- My graphics card supports directx 11 but I only have Directx 10; whenever I try to download directx 11 it says that my directx is up to date and so it doesn't need to install, which clearly is wrong.

anyone able to help?

deepest thanks.

And, do you have the latest drivers for your card?

its Nvidia geforce 560 GTX I think, I'm not sure about the drivers but I imgaine so.

You could also click "Start" on the taskbar and in the search/run box type: 'dxdiag' and press ENTER. At the bottom of the window there's a button, which says something like "Save all info". Click it and attach the file that will be generated to your post. That way we will get much more info about your system.

Back