This Forum

If you think these forums suck then just don't visit here. Everyone here that knows these forums could be better dosn't need someone telling them what should be better. Or saying to them that this website "really sucks". All you do is make people upset and provide fuel for those who make these message boards become worse.

We're on good terms with Fragmaster actually.

I loved Myselfs comment about Fragmaster being right more than us though, he puts it as if posting news is a competition where guessing the future of HL2 gains points. He's quite deluded :)

I like Fragmaster, most people hate him for his news at PHL, he also manages PlanetUnreal, but I know him for being funny in doomhouse and on SomethingAwful.

Originally posted by StickFigs
Oh... The HAAATE!!!!!

*IMPLODES*
What was the point of that post? This is the crap that I'm talking about.

Originally posted by Myself
Man I am surprised that the is the biggest "community" about HL2 on the net. It really sucks. Especially these message boards. I don't understand why everyone in this community feels the need to be so contrary. It seems to me to be the compton of communities.

So from now on please refer to yourselves as the biggest Hl2 ghetto on the net. Why? Well besides the odd fascination with slamming on some guy named fragmaster (that seems to have been right more than your beloved site), there is the little matter of forum decorum. For example.

Post: So I just found out that some sort of beta has been leaked.....

Reply1: STFU

Reply2: Mods close this thread.

Reply3: Fox news suX0rs, I will say this even though I have no reason to, nor do I even really understand what I am even talking about, but it seems cool to bash fox news. CNN is teh 1337 liberal propaganda!!!!!!111oneone!

Reply4: This has been posted before you **&^%&%. (*&*&^ learn to use the search button you *#&$^*#&^ n00b (*^*&

Reply5: I hope you get banned you (#*$ face.

Reply6: "some sarcastic comment from a mod" Closed.

Anyway you get the point.

see ya.
This example he posted is why counter-strike should not be played by people under 14. They are way to immature, they get a little older and think shit talk is funny. I have to agree, sometimes this place is a little weird but so comes the territory i guess.:cheers:

A. this is one of the biggest communities.. hence we get all sorts here, and a lot of the rejects/trolls/morons/spammers seek gratification here. thats life, skip their topics.

B. You see what you want to see, when I come here I read the topics that interest me, if you're looking for something to complain about, you're already in that mindset, and your bound to pick at something.

C. The things you noted are recent happenings, and people tend to talk about recent news.. not all have been discussed with such "nooblyness"

personally I feel if you need to first create a thread for you're distast of a forum.. in the wrong part of the forums
(this is HL2 discussion.. this should have been posted in off topic)
then proceed to slam a community for the vocal minority, it shows you need to find something better to do with your time :(
I say goodluck, one less person adding crap to the pot.

:cheers:

but seriously anyone else notice how people who are'nt regulars here have either started spouting off all the hate?
now we get people who join to make one post... what are these people doing? looking for validation in life from a forum?
come now.. if you dont like it... leave.
I think we have a great community here, I dont always agree with other people's points of view.. but I still enjoy the discussions.
It's a two way road my friend, you have to contribute to make things better..
:dozey:

Moved to HalfLife2.Net forum - This should not have been posted in the Half-Life 2 discussion forum.

Perhaps this forum looks so sucky to people like you is because these same people like you keep publishing useless, unhelpful posts (much like this one). Not only that, but they manage to post it in the wrong forum, filling it with inappropriate clutter.

Perhaps if you stepped in and shot off your mouth as above, but followed it up with some positive ideas on how we can improve this community and the forum specifically, your post would be ranked higher than pointless trash. Of course this is never going to happen, because people like you don't understand the concept of positive.

Please find us a forum which doesnt have any of the problems you mention...
Forums are everyday peoples comments. No one ever agrees with each other and never will.

This isnt anything new. This isnt the fault of anyone in particular. This is people. People act like this. You can no more stop it than you can stop men wanting women. Its how people are. Having said that, it doesnt mean we cant change this forum for the better. By being intelligent, adn nice, and reasoned, and not contributing to the grand mudhole this place seems to have become. And by reading the forum rules and by taking notice of large notices saying DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE BETA, eh, myself?

Yes lets whine and complain, because it changes everything.

All thats happened is the communitys grown, the more people you have the harder it is to control the masses.

More opinions are abound and you just dont like them, and sure theres some negative people here but theyre sorted out.

I guess after a while when hl² has been released, the community will be sortet out in its amount. Most of us are very horny to play the game and when it`s there a few weeks, hardcorefans are still in here discussing mods, muts etc. Thats just like it always runs :)
greetz

As it has been mentioned before- the larger a forum gets, the more idiots it attracts, and with the many recent problems we've had with Half-Life 2, people's emotions are flying, and evidently some are rubbing off on this board.

We are doing our very best to keep the forum as friendly and informative as possible, but nobody's perfect, there's always going to be a period of time where a flamer can cause nuisance or a bad thread will not be locked... you just have to give it some patience and time, not to mention the report post button is your best friend, as well as ours! ;)

Back