This Forum

M

Myself

Man I am surprised that the is the biggest "community" about HL2 on the net. It really sucks. Especially these message boards. I don't understand why everyone in this community feels the need to be so contrary. It seems to me to be the compton of communities.

So from now on please refer to yourselves as the biggest Hl2 ghetto on the net. Why? Well besides the odd fascination with slamming on some guy named fragmaster (that seems to have been right more than your beloved site), there is the little matter of forum decorum. For example.

Post: So I just found out that some sort of beta has been leaked.....

Reply1: STFU

Reply2: Mods close this thread.

Reply3: Fox news suX0rs, I will say this even though I have no reason to, nor do I even really understand what I am even talking about, but it seems cool to bash fox news. CNN is teh 1337 liberal propaganda!!!!!!111oneone!

Reply4: This has been posted before you **&^%&%. (*&*&^ learn to use the search button you *#&$^*#&^ n00b (*^*&

Reply5: I hope you get banned you (#*$ face.

Reply6: "some sarcastic comment from a mod" Closed.

Anyway you get the point.

see ya.

Yeah I agree, it sucks! This forum, just shows that so many gamers are a-holes.

I think there is only one way to fix the problem, and that is to shut the forum down for about a month or two and delete all the accounts. I think it would help dump all the annoying ones to other sites.

It is still small and has a policy of not banning for talking about the leak or even posting screens from it so if you prefer to avoid any info of that sortid sort avoid the site. If not: http://www.hl2world.com/ is the site.

Originally posted by The more on
Gabe has posted threads here :D
Good point. Not many forums where developers come to post, except for 3DRealms/Remedy Entertainment. :)

i dont get it.

if he doesnt like the forums why does he even bother signing up then telling us he doesnt like them?

is it some sad deprived cry for attention?

He post here just because this forum have more people than every other HL2 forum.

But more people = more immature retards.

I think to be honest this has got off on the wrong foot. Myself included did post something rather silly and thus deleted. Which is fair enough.

But that just proves his point doesn't it? And this is exactly what D33 has been on about, we need to clean it up guys. I've been here since July, others since May, and back then this was a much nicer place.

We should be helping n00bs, no matter how often the question's been asked, we should be acknowledging other people's opinions and maturely handling the not-so-mature people in a constructive way. We're a community guys, let's pull together.

*group hug*

/me spits on Tredoslop
Bastard :p

And to be fair, those replies are to new threads on topics we have talked about approximately 43 billion times already.

Too true

Bk in the good ol days............

It was much much better and much more friendly.
Lets try and make this place like it was eh?

I didn't sign up to complain if you will notcie I have been registered here since Aug. However I have been here since it opened, just got fed up with all the hostility, and that new site may suck who knows but it is a lot like this one used to be before it got overrun with punks.

Myself, what you said is true.

I think there is only one way to fix the problem, and that is to shut the forum down for about a month or two and delete all the accounts. I think it would help dump all the annoying ones to other sites.

There's another way too.

Unnecessary commentaries or threads: 1st time --> Pm ! 2nd time --> Temporary ban ! 3rd time --> Ban for a indefinite time. I don't know man...

The staff is trying to keep up with the flow of bad posts. We may not be the best forum in terms of politeness, but we are obviously the largest, and with that comes a lot of responsibility. It is clear things have to change, but it is diffucult.

IRT otomo
Perhaps, others who are fed up will finally leave or perhaps some people will learn that if they don't start controlling themselves a bit better the biggest HL2 ghetto on the net will start to shrink. If that happens who knows maybe this will revert to the "community" that it once was

Originally posted by synth
...but we are obviously the largest.

Don't want to argue with you mr. but well the Guru3D Forum has more than 35 000 Members and I can say it's a pretty clean forum. I just think this forum need more admins.

no matter how bad a community is if the games good its not gonna shrink. look at counter strike haha not that im promoting the flaming but its just something that you have to deal with.

wtf is "@(#()@#)(*(*!()*@!()!()&*@$*&#*@(%&Q_(@#$*()*@+_!()+_~)"

Originally posted by Frank
Well, hey, if you don't like it then **** off...nobodies actually forcing you to stay here.
He never said anyone is forcing him, he's simply pointing out some VERY true facts. Your post goes to show the amount of negativity people here have; how ironic hmm?

Originally posted by nw909
wtf is "@(#()@#)(*(*!()*@!()!()&*@$*&#*@(%&Q_(@#$*()*@+_!()+_~)"
Posters of useless crap like this should be banned. It's too bad the mods are very conservative with their bans.

But they can't do a Massive Ban too CptTrips. Can they ?

hmm keep it nice please all of you...
Tyl3n0L I think he meant for just hl2 forums :)
CptTrips click the report button if a post etc bothers you and a mod/s will look into it.

Re: Re: This Forum

Originally posted by Frank
Well, hey, if you don't like it then **** off...nobodies actually forcing you to stay here.

Frank that's the perfect example of the kind of attitude we don't want here.

We are working on getting some new admins. Yes it's slow but we'll get there. It's unfortunate there's a number of people here who have to spoil it for the many, they need to learn it's not acceptable.

I smoke a lot, but I don't do it at my desk at work.

EDIT: That's right, remove your post so it looks like I'm strange! ;)

Originally posted by Tyl3n0L
Don't want to argue with you mr. but well the Guru3D Forum has more than 35 000 Members and I can say it's a pretty clean forum. I just think this forum need more admins.

I meant largest Half-Life 2 forum. I know there are much larger forums out there.

ive visited places where mods blank out the word "crap"

that forums is one of the best there is out there. everyone is nice. EVERYONE.

its weird. that forum is for an E rated game. so everyone can play it. these games are M for MATURE. Mature huh? well the people who come here certianly arnt mature...

Originally posted by Myself
Man I am surprised that the is the biggest "community" about HL2 on the net. It really sucks. Especially these message boards. I don't understand why everyone in this community feels the need to be so contrary. It seems to me to be the compton of communities.

So from now on please refer to yourselves as the biggest Hl2 ghetto on the net. Why? Well besides the odd fascination with slamming on some guy named fragmaster (that seems to have been right more than your beloved site), there is the little matter of forum decorum. For example.

Post: So I just found out that some sort of beta has been leaked.....

Reply1: STFU

Reply2: Mods close this thread.

Reply3: Fox news suX0rs, I will say this even though I have no reason to, nor do I even really understand what I am even talking about, but it seems cool to bash fox news. CNN is teh 1337 liberal propaganda!!!!!!111oneone!

Reply4: This has been posted before you **&^%&%. (*&*&^ learn to use the search button you *#&$^*#&^ n00b (*^*&

Reply5: I hope you get banned you (#*$ face.

Reply6: "some sarcastic comment from a mod" Closed.

Anyway you get the point.

see ya.

*sighs and rolls eyes*

Bye.

I agree with this guy. All you who are saying "Good Bye!" or "BANNED" obviously are still in the third grade and apperently didn't(can't) read his whole post. It cleary states a lot of true facts about this forum. Such as the stupid replies and idiotic remarks about peoples thoughts. It's just sad what this community has turned into ;(

I dont know, but sometimes I think it would be really nice if headcrabs couldnt post threads... but it would be kinda mean. Maybe make a part of the boards called headcrab discussion, where would be the only place headcrabs can post threads. Sure it might get spammed, but if they arent asking a legit question just delete the thread!

Originally posted by KelteN
I agree with this guy. All you who are saying "Good Bye!" or "BANNED" obviously are still in the third grade and apperently didn't(can't) read his whole post. It cleary states a lot of true facts about this forum. Such as the stupid replies and idiotic remarks about peoples thoughts. It's just sad what this community has turned into ;(

Things are being done and we've seen major improvement in the last few days because they know we'll ban them if they insult on new threads. Most of what he stated stopped a week ago after the warning thread was created.

Actually thanks to you Diabolical Wetnap we have one more topic to deteriorate our AWXOME forum. This place was a lot better before the delay of HL2 of the Sept. 30th variations...

Now it's just a bunch of people angry at the nice people who let you talk here for free. Not only that but have a ton of other stuff on the main page, AND an eyecandy of a layout. ALL because Gabe Newell wants the release of HL2 to make us smile to the MAX.

Myself (the loser user who made this topic) =/= good

I've been around the HL Community for a long while and have noticed (not to bash the community...) that the larger the community got, the more it has degraded. I am in no way shocked, appalled, or angry... it's just the way things go when a larger and larger amount of people get together. You will have those that have been around longer saying, "Everything anyone new has to say means nothing... we're older, we have the authority" then you have those that are brand new saying, "What's going on?" Then of course those in the middle that are TRYING to be "veterans" and saying things to the new people like, "*sigh* This has been rehashed thousands of times, shut your hole." . I am in no way insinuating that EVERYONE fits into these catagories. I have definitly seen many many many helpful, upbeat people on these forums. I'm just saying that when you get a larger community compared to a smaller, tighter knit one you will get many more people dropping into those 3 catagories.

The HL Community 6 years ago opposed to todays was much smaller, many of us worshipping HL as if it were God and the mod known as Counter-Strike was but a small glimmer in our eyes. The price you pay for fame is always different, this is the price the HL community has paid. Even through all of this though, I still thouroughly enjoy the community, enjoy the people in it, and enjoy the game that brings us together. If I didnt, I wouldnt still be here now would I? :cheers:

Well... I guess this has turned into an essay on the HL community instead of about these forums... but oh well. ;-)

Back