This is going to be the greatest game of all time.

Reaction score
There is no other game I look forward to as much as this. It will be the first good zombie shooter out there. I heard Dead Rising is good but I haven't played it and it's not even out for PC so I don't really care. Left 4 Dead is gonna rock. I seriously can't bloody wait for this game.

There is no other game I look forward to as much as this. It will be the first good zombie shooter out there. I heard Dead Rising is good but I haven't played it and it's not even out for PC so I don't really care. Left 4 Dead is gonna rock. I seriously can't bloody wait for this game.

Join the club.

3 months and waiting. ;(

Btw, deadrising was awesome, but RPG killed it. :(

Does anyone know what kind of price tag this will have yet? I don't know if I'd be willing to spend $50 on this.. Too many good games coming out with limited funds :/

What are you talking about 'three months'? Is it going to be released in 3 months? I thought they only said that it will come sometime in early 2008. Have they stated that they'll release it in january?

January is three months. And, meh, all it is is just some zombie coop game. I might get it if it?s like.. 30$.

to Resident Evil cheap knock off,Capcom has been bragging about an RE game both in 2 players and with DECENT online(outbreak 1+2 sucked)

L4D always appeared to be CS with AI to me, with a bunch of new models.

*not hyped

L4D always appeared to be CS with AI to me, with a bunch of new models.

*not hyped

Well, if the games image scares off all the little shits who dwelve in cs... this game would be COMPLETELY different.

A lot less ear bleedin'

Yeah, Counter-Strike with bots. I totally see the similarity.

I mean, they've got shotguns, pistols, sniper rifles, and machine guns. Way to rip off an old game. /sarcasm

Even watching beta playtest videos, it should be achingly obvious how much better a FPS co-op experience L4D is than anything that has come before it. And yes, I'm including games like Sven Co-op, Perfect Dark, Halo, and even that little Guildhall game.

To be honest, I've never felt satisfied with FPS co-op ever. No less than 90% of all such games I've played consider cooperative challenge to be "let's throw them more monsters, and give them all a million HPs." Hell, on top of that, many of said games let you respawn, annulling whatever concept of cooperative play you might have had to utilize in order to overcome these bulletsponge 'challenges.'

The Guildhall mod was nice in that it incorporated some puzzles that required cooperation, and the storyline they wove into this cooperative experience was entertaining. However, strict combat was no less simplistic. Your partner could die, but he/she would respawn the instant whichever tiny room you were in was cleared of its dozen pistol-wielding guards.

In contrast, almost everything about L4D supports the concept of teamwork. On your own, you will die. Several things can see to that. But so long as there is even one other person nearby, your chances of death decrease dramatically. It only takes one person to knock off a hunter or detach a smoker - one person to get you up when you're knocked to the ground. If somebody does die, that loss will be long and hard enough that the rest of the team will feel it.

I wont even touch the existence of the Director, which sounds like it's been written and implemented brilliantly. It'll be interesting to see how well it can handle the insane maps that are sure to be made... (And by insane I mean weird and zany rather than achingly long and difficult.)

It does feel like CSS, dude.

They didn't even bother replacing the old 1.6 footstep sounds and the crosshair.

I always thought half life was going to be the greatest game ever and it was. :)

Of course it is, k3ithrm.
:D
hl > l4d
It will still be a great game, though.

The first trailer was cool, everything afterwards looked like arcadey shit.

It does feel like CSS, dude.

They didn't even bother replacing the old 1.6 footstep sounds and the crosshair.

You do realize the game is still a damned beta, don't you? It's a Source game, and there are placeholders. Many such placeholders have been replaced in the last few months, and I doubt there will be much left by the time it's released.

Hell, you might as well call Portal a clone of HL2. There are several re-used assets in there. :rolleyes:

Thats mainly because they're right in the same universe.

CSS and L4D aren't.

Many people could easily complain about repaying for the same content while they're expecting a brand-new game.

(Yeah yeah I know, but still..)

Which is exactly the point. The fact that Portal and HL2 are tied to the point of sharing certain visuals doesn't prevent them from being two extremely different games.

To argue that the gameplay of L4D is at all like that of CS only shows a poor understanding of both games. It causes me to cringe as much as a few articles that have called L4D a two-team deathmatch. Which might be true on some levels but is entirely out of scope with what we typically call 'deathmatch.'

The first trailer was cool, everything afterwards looked like arcadey shit.

Arcadey? Probably just the fact that you move really fast when you move, of course in a zombie outbreak i doubt even if you're carrying a shotgun you would be moving like there's a 50 pound weight on your back.

Arcadey? Probably just the fact that you move really fast when you move, of course in a zombie outbreak i doubt even if you're carrying a shotgun you would be moving like there's a 50 pound weight on your back.

1. you move really really fast (like UT3 fast), practically 30mph

2. You carry ****ing uzis and M16s. This is a zombie game! You're supposed to have simple shotguns, pistols and melee weapons!

but all of this is understandable, it is an online game meant to be replayed over and over anyway, I was just hoping (stupidly) for a good zombie-survival FPS when I first saw the trailer. (I was imagining a Resident Evil/28 days later hybrid)

2. You carry ****ing uzis and M16s. This is a zombie game! You're supposed to have simple shotguns, pistols and melee weapons!
Heh, you should play Zombie Master.

/plug

"Really fast?" You run. And if you get hurt, you slow way down. And machine guns are there because you'd ****ing die without them.

Oh, I'm sorry - I missed the point. You want a zombie game exactly the same as all the rest. Okay, then.

but all of this is understandable, it is an online game meant to be replayed over and over anyway, I was just hoping (stupidly) for a good zombie-survival FPS when I first saw the trailer. (I was imagining a Resident Evil/28 days later hybrid)

30mph? It's like CS 1.6 fast, or HL2 SP fast. Which of course can run that fast in real life (not counting bunnyhop)

just forget the speed im thinking that its not gonna be like css or cs 1.6 its gonna be a lot better i rekon that its gonna be almost as good as half life 2

I'm really scared that when I play the survivor I'm gonna shoot everything in my path including my whole team.

Back