Time Warp

Murray_H

Tank
Reaction score
When HL2 comes out, i will order exactly the same items and see how much the wait has saved me.

Its an top-end average PC (IMO) so its not out of reach for too many ppl, and its what i would buy

I stuck in the mod stuff cos thats what i would buy with it (and LED lights are £5 cheaper than cold cathode, they'd be at the back of my PC anyhoo)

Oh and can someone enlighten me on the mobo i stuck in there - to me it has the same features as an A7N8X deluxe but £30 cheaper :/

Neways, here is the stuff (the very first item is a case)

La La La

Im going to say that if you can afford it get a 9700 or a 9500 pro. other than that it looks good enough to me

Well 5 months have passed, still no HL2, but i priced up the same components (the case is different, the CDRW is faster but was still cheaper and the RAM is the right type now) and found that you would have saved a total of £67.90 if you had waited to buy your stuff.

Isn't that interesting :p ;)

Hey past Murray_H, do you overclock? You'll be happy to know that if you had waited till now to buy your 2500+ you wouldn't be able to overclock nearly as well. The multipliers are locked.

I think my graphics card has gone down by £30 scince I bought it for HL2, I can't really complain about the rest because i was going to buy them regardless.

I wish i had waited to upgrade. I ordered my new parts in mid September thinking HL2 was still going to be released on the 30th. D'oh!! Anyways i love my new rig so much i cant let it go. I surely would have saved some cash if i waited though...eh, what can you do.

there isn't att big deal with OCing differences actually with the multipliers locked because you can still OC it from 2500 to 3200 without any kind of problems.... it's just to raise the FSB to 200 so you have 11*200... an unlocked 2500 avarage OCin speed is/was 3300+ i think...
yeah yeah... whatever... =)

Originally posted by |SwE|FishStick
there isn't att big deal with OCing differences actually with the multipliers locked because you can still OC it from 2500 to 3200 without any kind of problems.... it's just to raise the FSB to 200 so you have 11*200... an unlocked 2500 avarage OCin speed is/was 3300+ i think...
yeah yeah... whatever... =)

Oh man this would have been so confusing if i hadn't just read the closed topic this is in reference to.

Back