Too hard (potentially spoiler-tastic)

StarBob

Tank
Reaction score
Nope not at all just kidding, it's awesome. I just made a post to tell you that's everything is awesome and the J.K. Simmons is even better in the game than he was in the preview videos. Back to the subject though, this iteration seems slightly easier than the original, but I don't know how far I am and what is in store... not to mention my familiarity with the system. Actually, thinking about it, the difficulty level of these games is so subjective I don't know how anyone could say one way or the other. Good stuff though... the ARG was worth it.

Its been pretty easy for me. But just messing around with some of the new stuff has been highly entertaining. Also, the backstory in the game is like holy shit. I think I'm probably 3/4 of the way done, but I need sleep now. The story, setting and atmosphere is superb, and the gameplay is much like Portal obviously, except with new elements. Which is a good thing of course. Even if the game ends in like 45 mins from where I am, I'd feel it would have been worth the price. You don't see games of this caliber this very often.

Someone please let me know about the overall length of the SP part of the game. It's a selling point for me.

Someone please let me know about the overall length of the SP part of the game. It's a selling point for me.

It took me 6.5 hours, but then I am not very good at video games and I also tend to explore everywhere as I go.

This game is really, really hard with the textures for walkways and cubes missing.

I thought the final testchambers of the game were fairly difficult, but it didn't come close to frustrating. A nice difficulty balance IMO.

I've heard a bunch of people saying it's too easy and it's threads like this which are interesting to me. With a puzzle game you have to pitch it in the middle for everyone to 'get', you will always have people who it naturally comes to and other who struggle with it. I think Valve did a great job at teaching us how to use the new toys and there are a few bits which require some experimentation but overall the difficulty is about right.

It took me about 5.5 hours. I didn't go as slow as I wanted to, my sister kept rushing me. Some of the puzzles had me stuck for a while.

Well I just finished. It certainly gained some difficulty later on. There were a couple where I had to just sit there and try different things. It took me about six hours and I did a little bit of the multiplayer which is... I have to say... some of the best 2 player co-op I've come across. I didn't play a lot of it and it DEFINITELY plays a lot better with good mic communication. I don't know how long it is or how replayable it will be, though I hope they'll keep adding new stuff to it from time to time. Hell if they went all out I'd buy map packs if they were worthwhile.

The introduction to the white paint, where you constantly flung yourself......was the hardest part for me

Finally got to play it on a friend's 360. I thought that the various gels weren't really introduced in Valve's customary manner of training you on novel things, and it took me a bit to understand them. Still, great game, great ending. A worthy successor to its predecessor!

There are a few areas that I found pretty significantly difficult. Took me probably about 5 hours. I thought on the whole it was a bit harder than the original (the second half anyway).

Took me about 8 hours, then again I did spend a lot of time painting entire rooms with gels. And exploring. And Steam chatting with other friends playing it... so actually I'm not sure how long it really took me. For some reason it stopped registering achievements as well...

Who changed my thread name!? It's not my fault people come in here all talkin spoilers and such! And Ennui since when is your Battlefield site Battlefieldo? It sounds so Italian...

So... I got my mic working so now I can play multiplayer with some unlucky soul who I will probably yell at a lot. I'm excited about it.

Back