Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops sorry stern, didnt see that no flames part. :LOL:

I love America!

you didnt join the fight till the fight was brought to you

Actually it took the attack from Japan so FDR could convince the American people to abandon their isolationism.

Just like it took 9/11 to convince the American people to abandon their modern form of isolationism.

It is a reasonable metaphor for the situation.

lePobz said:
George W Bush got the popularity vote. Nuff said.
Yeah, by 2%. So I will admit, 51% of our population doesn't see much in politics past gay sex but this isn't any different than any other country out there. Way too many people get their information from biased media sources, again, the same goes for every other country.

Russia.

God knows it's just itching for revenge over its defeat in the Cold War. I can only begin to fathom what twisted plots of evil are brewing underneath.

GhostFox said:
Actually it took the attack from Japan so FDR could convince the American people to abandon their isolationism.

well that's a different matter altogether ...the point is that you didnt come rushing to the aid of europeans out of a sense of duty or out of outrage ..you did it cuz you were attacked

GhostFox said:
Just like it took 9/11 to convince the American people to abandon their modern form of isolationism.

ah but 9/11 is a direct result of their expansionism

but seriously I really dont want to continue talking about america's role in the world ..I can only stomach so much "in your face" patriotism

GhostFox said:

America was far from isolated when 9/11 happened. In fact, one could argue that it wouldn't have happened if the USA hadn't developed a record of policing the globe.

No matter. The subsequent reactions following the event have been horribly misguided.

you did it cuz you were attacked

That is only partially correct. The US was under no real threat from Germany or Japan. Japan bombed PH only as a bargining chip for the peace settlements, and Hitler made it very clear that invading NA was logistically impossible and never sought war with them. FDR may have stirred up fear in many people, but the US was never under any direct threat.

In fact, one could argue that it wouldn't have happened if the USA hadn't developed a record of policing the globe.

One could, but it would be stupid. If one wanted the truth it would be that the US was attacked because it is considered the largest symbol of a christian nation and the extremists want all non-extremist muslims wiped out. US foriegn policy never affected it in any way.

However, people from outside the US don't like to think about the truth because then they realize that they cannot hide from terrorism and their country may be next.

GhostFox said:
Hitler made it very clear that invading NA was logistically impossible and never sought war with them.

But Hitler declared war on the USA, I'm sure of that...

A bit of a contradiction to the "never sought war with them"?

However the US proclaimed neutrality until attacked.

well that's a different matter altogether ...the point is that you didnt come rushing to the aid of europeans out of a sense of duty or out of outrage ..you did it cuz you were attacked
But you have to remember that we didn't concentrate on Japan after they attacked us; we first went to help Europe. Also, Churchill and FDR were very close allies; I don't think there is a chance in hell FDR would have allowed Britain to fall.

GhostFox said:
One could, but it would be stupid. If one wanted the truth it would be that the US was attacked because it is considered the largest symbol of a christian nation and the extremists want all non-extremist muslims wiped out. US foriegn policy never affected it in any way.

However, people from outside the US don't like to think about the truth because then they realize that they cannot hide from terrorism and their country may be next.

sigh, no thanks to you

k no more references to ww2, no more references to 9/11 there are plenty of other threads that deal with this

Only after the US got involved in the war. In fact at the time Hitler basically pleaded with the US for peace in his own way. Here is an excerpt

So far as Germany's attitude towards America is concerned, I have to state: (i) Germany is perhaps the only great power which has never had a colony either in North or South America, or otherwise displayed there any political activity, unless mention be made of the emigration of many millions of Germans and of their work, which, however, has only been to the benefit of the American Continent and of the U.S.A. (ii) In the whole history of the coming into being and of the existence of the U.S.A. the German Reich has never adopted a politically unfriendly, let alone hostile attitude, but, on the contrary with the blood of many of its sons, it helped to defend the U.S.A. The German Reich never took part in any war against the U.S.A. It itself had war imposed upon it by the U.S.A. in 1917, and then for reasons which have been thoroughly revealed by an investigation committee set up by President Roosevelt himself. There are no other differences between the German and the American people, either territorial or political, which could possibly touch the interests let alone the existence of the U.S.A. There was always a difference of constitution, but that cannot be a reason for hostilities so long as the one state does not try to interfere with the other. America is a Republic, a Democracy, and today is a Republic under strong authoritative leadership. The ocean lies between the two States. The divergences between Capitalist America and Bolshevik Russia, if such conceptions had any truth in them, would be much greater than between America led by a President and Germany led by a Führer.

In Hitlers mind he saw that the US and Germany should be great friends. Even after the US got involved in the war, Hitler blamed it on FDR's fearmongering. Hitler wanted nothing more then to be a peacable trade partner with the US.

yes but that's another matter for another thread

"just vote and move on"

North Korea, let millitary get all resourses and let the people starve.

And they got to stop ****ing with nuke technologi.

Please forward this poll to Bush, to be him sure what countries he shoud invade first. NK, than US! ;)

But US first would be better, woudn´t it? :)

Why is France evil? Because they don´t like to speak English although they could? ;)
Some other reasons?

People are saying the US is the most evil nation? What the ****? I would expect it from radicals like stern, but for 20 other people to say the US is evil is very funny.

Gh0st - thank you for being another prime example of an american: - completely oblivious to the global view of your country...

If you're looking for someone to blame, look no further than the guy you idiots (the majority, if you didnt vote for bush you're not an idiot) re-elected for another term in office.

GiaOmerta said:
Where's China?

That's what I'm wondering.

Their massive population could do lots of bad things with the proper stimuli.

heh this was a flamebait topic

and on a second point you cant call people idiots for voting for Bush, just because you dont agree with him, its there choice!, and seeing how your from europe why do you care if someone voted for him.

lePobz said:
Gh0st - thank you for being another prime example of an american: - completely oblivious to the global view of your country...

If you're looking for someone to blame, look no further than the guy you idiots (the majority, if you didnt vote for bush you're not an idiot) re-elected for another term in office.
Hey look, another European telling Americans how to vote! Thats new. Somehow I doubt people slammed planes into our buildings because Bush had been in office for one year.

People can say America is bad, I will say whatever, but thats their opinion. Saying America is worse than NORTH KOREA, or ANY of the countries on that list is laughable. Since you seem to be on the side of the radical Islamo Fascist headcutters, maybe you can tell us why they ran our planes into our buildings? Find a way to blame Bush?

Operation Ivy said:
heh this was a flamebait topic

and on a second point you cant call people idiots for voting for Bush, just because you dont agree with him, its there choice!, and seeing how your from europe why do you care if someone voted for him.

I was just letting you know why the majority of the intelligent people in the world have developed a hatred of America whilst Dubyah has been in office. If you don't really care, fine. In the unlikely event you was curious, here's your answer.

I wouldn't care about America if America kept itself to itself instead of intefering with other countries' business. The fact it does intefere is why people around the world are bothered about the idiot(s) running the country.

gh0st said:
Hey look, another European telling Americans how to vote! Thats new. Somehow I doubt people slammed planes into our buildings because Bush had been in office for one year.

People can say America is bad, I will say whatever, but thats their opinion. Saying America is worse than NORTH KOREA, or ANY of the countries on that list is laughable. Since you seem to be on the side of the radical Islamo Fascist headcutters, maybe you can tell us why they ran our planes into our buildings? Find a way to blame Bush?
Just because he has a certain opinion doesn't mean he sides with "the radical islam fascist headcutters".

Hell you just proved his point by making such a statement.

GJ! :thumbs:

Tr0n said:
Just because he has a certain opinion doesn't mean he sides with "the radical islam fascist headcutters".

Hell you just proved his point by making such a statement.

GJ! :thumbs:
He proved his own point, i just responded to his stereotype with my own.

lePobz said:
Gh0st - thank you for being another prime example of an american
Ohhh a stereotype. Just because I have a certain opinion doesnt mean i'm an ignorant hick.

Typical american thing to do, class me as a terrorist just because I dislike the idiots running your country.

Tell you what gh0st, i'll paint a green circle on my head so you know where to drop the bombs.

Actually, I'd better make it a red cross... You guys seem to hit more red crosses than you do legitimate targets.

lePobz said:
Typical american thing to do, class me as a terrorist just because I dislike the idiots running your country.

Tell you what gh0st, i'll paint a green circle on my head so you know where to drop the bombs.

Actually, I'd better make it a red cross... You guys seem to hit more red crosses than you do legitimate targets.
Do you see me whine about your government? No. Because its none of my damn business, you just seem to think its your little big boy duty to criticize things you dont understand. My guess is that you know exactly jack and shit about america or its people.

How about this. You tell how America has negitively influenced your life and your country, and what gives you the right to complain about us or call us evil.

gh0st said:
Do you see me whine about your government? No. Because its none of my damn business, you just seem to think its your little big boy duty to criticize things you dont understand. My guess is that you know exactly jack and shit about america or its people.

How about this. You tell how America has negitively influenced your life and your country, and what gives you the right to complain about us or call us evil.
We installed and helped many dictators maybe?

I voted France for a laugh, but hey im English... we've been at war with them in the past for ages, its just natural ;)

I find the US's ability to interfere, worrying... and in certain situations, they'll do naff all, not really because they cant police or affect the situation, its because therer is no money in it. Thats how it appears to me anyway.

Everyone knows for the money they spent in Iraq, they could have seriously helped out Africa with the aids program, or with their military might end the gross genecide going on there.

But ofcourse not... Iraq has oil. what does africa have? dying innocent people, ****ed over by global capitalism the US get so patriotic about and love.

oldagerocker said:
But ofcourse not... Iraq has oil. what does africa have? dying innocent people, ****ed over by global capitalism.
Why does America have to do it? Whats stopping the EU?

Does the british government actively and individually go out and target countries that are minding their own business?

Look... I know 48% of the americans that voted are smart decent people. I just can't understand the mind set of the 52% that wanted Bush to stay in office after what he'd done (and is doing) to your country.

Tr0n said:
We installed and helped many dictators maybe?
In the UK? :p

lePobz said:
Look... I know 48% of the americans that voted are smart decent people. I just can't understand the mind set of the 52% that wanted Bush to stay in office after what he'd done (and is doing) to your country.
Get your numbers straight. Only 51% voted for Bush. And yes, over a million people IS that big a difference.

The EU isnt powerful enough, they are bringing or voting for the constitution now which would give the EU military power... but economic power, the EU has none, just look at the strength of the Euro since it was introduced. Not only that but the EU has no actual power over its members, other than set laws etc atleast until this constitution comes through, if it does at all.

If America can invade Iraq over weapons that dont exist and then their leader start black booking Iran, which only a few years earlier stated they wanted peace with the western world. Costing them hundreds of Billions of dollars and thousands of lives of men, women and children... im sure they can do something decent and help other parts of the world.

He_Who_Is_Steve - If you keep quiet whilst it happens to others, you can't expect anyone to speak out when it happens to you.

If America went through the UN instead of installing its own choice of (highly corrupted) leaders in other countries, I guess nobody in the world would have a problem. Bush is just setting himself up a load of contacts in oil-rich countries so he can fall back on a nice nest egg when he retires. It's blatent and crazy and you people are too blind to go out and see the truth. You can't expect to get the truth on any american news network.

lePobz said:
Does the british government actively and individually go out and target countries that are minding their own business?
Show me a country we have "targetted" and how they are innocent in the eyes of the international community. Iraq doesnt count, Saddam gassed thousands of people. So show me some countries void of grossly criminal activity that we individually attacked.

48% of the people are smart, decent people, because you understand their mindset.

The other 52% are all idiots, dumb redneck "Typical Americans" because you dont understand their mindset? Thats not fair. I dont like Bush. I dont like Kerry, but I think Bush is a better leader. I dont like a lot of things he does (such as bankrupting our country, burdoning our children and our childrens children with paying that off) but I feel Iraq is justified.

Am I a dumb, not decent person? I dont think I am, I'd say I'm being pretty reasonable, you are the one who jumped on me.

oldagerocker said:
If America can invade Iraq over weapons that dont exist and then their leader start black booking Iran, which only a few years earlier stated they wanted peace with the western world. Costing them hundreds of Billions of dollars and thousands of lives of men, women and children... im sure they can do something decent and help other parts of the world.
We do. Thats why were the biggest annual donator of federal and public funds in the world.

I meant EU member nations, whats stopping GB from sending some peackeepers into various african nations and stopping genocide?

lePobz said:
He_Who_Is_Steve - If you keep quiet whilst it happens to others, you can't expect anyone to speak out when it happens to you.
Okay, I'll give you that. Know that I am very anti-bush...I just like to try and keep my own side in check.

lePobz said:

If America went through the UN instead of installing its own choice of (highly corrupted) leaders in other countries, I guess nobody in the world would have a problem. Bush is just setting himself up a load of contacts in oil-rich countries so he can fall back on a nice nest egg when he retires. It's blatent and crazy and you people are too blind to go out and see the truth. You can't expect to get the truth on any american news network.
I'm not gonna lie...but even tho it's evil what our goverment has done and still is doing.

All I can say is **** the UN.

Why go through a corrupt organization to install leader?Thats just as bad.

lePobz said:
Haha oh man, how insane. The man has plenty of money, he didnt need a war to get contacts to do... what? What is he going to do with this contacts? Have you ever heard of a President needing a nest egg? He gets paid 400k a year.

The whole reason we didnt go through the UN is that they wouldnt DO A DAMN THING. Even if bush did everything possible for you, you would still hate him. Its just the nature of the liberal beast. I'm sorry, but if you think the UN is less corrupt than the US think again. I wont even mention that certain oil-for-food scandal. Oops, no corruption there. Ooops no corruption in rwanda. Oops, messed Bosnia up. Quit relying on an international organization of spineless beurocrats to do your thinking fo ryou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back