Tron 2.0

Kazuki_Fuse

Reaction score
I just clocked Tron 2.0 after searching far and high for the game in shops, I was considering importing it from the U.S. (I live in Australia) so yeah it was getting desperate and I stumbled across one copy of the game in an EB store. I went to the counter with the box and the dude said "I'll just get the CD" bout 15 mins later he came back and told me he couldn't find it.

I did get a call early the next morning to say that they found it. Now I've been an avid fan of Monolith, ever since Blood. Nolf 2 is in my top 5 games of all time and I firmly believe that even Valve have been so influenced by this game that they have included some ideas from nolf2 in HL2. Anyway, I know that Monolith games tend to not do so well sales wise. But I tell ya Tron 2.0 is awesome. Has anyone else played it? It's got so much charisma and playability it's scary. The way they integrate the player upgrades is perfect, the graphics are so solid. I know FEAR will be awesome too. Anyone else been lucky enough to play Tron 2.0?

I watched "Tron" itself. Great Movie, if you're into that type of genre ..... :)

played the demo

wanted to like it, but honestly just couldn't get into it

ACLeroK212 said:
played the demo

wanted to like it, but honestly just couldn't get into it

Same here. The graphics gave me a headache.

Really?? I find that very interesting.The demo doesn't do the game justice. But I mean I never really thought that people wouldn't like it.

Really?? I find that very interesting.The demo doesn't do the game justice. But I mean I never really thought that people wouldn't like it. Like I've been trying to get my brother to play it but he won't even give it a shot. And he won't tell me why. I thought of it as critically acclaimed art, you have to like it.

Sorry about the tripple post, but what the hell happened to my other one? like only half went through?

I have it and I really liked it. It was a bit short but I loved the color scheme.

Its a great game, alot like NOLF 2 in many ways, i haven't played the multiplayer portion but i'd buy it for the singleplayer alone. But thats just me

I loved it. I got pretty far, but some other games took over my interest.

I personally didn't like nolf 1 or 2, and that contract jack crap was well....crap.

nolf's Austin powers like style was intresting - but I never really found anything else in it that would hold my attention. Of course, this is my opinion. :)

Haven't played Tron 2.0 :(

Kazuki_Fuse said:
But I tell ya Tron 2.0 is awesome. Has anyone else played it? It's got so much charisma and playability it's scary. The way they integrate the player upgrades is perfect, the graphics are so solid. I know FEAR will be awesome too. Anyone else been lucky enough to play Tron 2.0?

Do you like it as much as Jay Maynard?
Don't know Jay Maynard you say? well, me neither, but I do laugh at him.. Heres why: http://www.ibiblio.org/jmaynard/TRONcostume/ :naughty:

[edit]

yes, i've played tron2.0.. It's cool, but for some reason i didn't play it much.

vgard said:
Do you like it as much as Jay Maynard?
Don't know Jay Maynard you say? well, me neither, but I do laugh at him.. Heres why: http://www.ibiblio.org/jmaynard/TRONcostume/ :naughty:

[edit]

yes, i've played tron2.0.. It's cool, but for some reason i didn't play it much.

LOL

i remember seeing that before, but it was long enough ago that it's just as hilarious now

ROFL :LOL:

Haha, that guy was in kerrang magazine. They just took the piss out of him so much in like two paragraphs. :D

I enjoyed it very much. Proof enough that you don't need a god-like engine to look really pretty. It seemed to remain true to the spirit of the original movie too.

The single player game is actaully pretty decent. There are a few annoying parts ....and you HAVE TO REMEMBER TO QUICKSAVE!!!.....But other than the quicksave bs its not bad. The story is pretty good actaully. The voice acting/sripting/cutscense are all well done.

Its fun to play once. But thats it. MP is crap. Lightcycles is only good for so long.

[url]http://www.tron20.com/frameset.html[/URL]

:D:D:D:D:D... I love Tron 2.0, it gets slightley repetitive. But still the visuals are wack :), which is kool, and Disc arena with the panels that vanish, its crazy fun. :naughty: most origional FPS ive played , ever.

But I forgot some people prefer to have a more realistic simulation, shooting people with realistic guns. :dozey:

crabcakes66 said:
Its fun to play once. But thats it. MP is crap. Lightcycles is only good for so long.

cant believe is said "Lightcycles is only good for so long."

I need more coffee.....

Kazuki_Fuse said:
I just clocked Tron 2.0 after searching far and high for the game in shops, I was considering importing it from the U.S. (I live in Australia) so yeah it was getting desperate and I stumbled across one copy of the game in an EB store. I went to the counter with the box and the dude said "I'll just get the CD" bout 15 mins later he came back and told me he couldn't find it.

I did get a call early the next morning to say that they found it. Now I've been an avid fan of Monolith, ever since Blood. Nolf 2 is in my top 5 games of all time and I firmly believe that even Valve have been so influenced by this game that they have included some ideas from nolf2 in HL2. Anyway, I know that Monolith games tend to not do so well sales wise. But I tell ya Tron 2.0 is awesome. Has anyone else played it? It's got so much charisma and playability it's scary. The way they integrate the player upgrades is perfect, the graphics are so solid. I know FEAR will be awesome too. Anyone else been lucky enough to play Tron 2.0?

Yes i have Tron 2.0 and loved it. Great game, its a must have.

Kazuki_Fuse said:
bout 15 mins later he came back and told me he couldn't find it.
OMG this happened to me yesterday when i went to EB to get trackmania!

Vigilante said:
OMG this happened to me yesterday when i went to EB to get trackmania!

Really?? How annoying is it?? God I felt so dissapointed. Did you end up getting track mania Vigilante? I heard it was pretty awesome if you loved Stunts. Man that game was the shit.

Back