trying to system recovery :(

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
I'm trying to do a system recovery on my ep121 because I dont use it very much and want to get shot of it.

I've read the user guide and follow the instructions to create a recovery usb. Plug usb in, stick recovery dvd into the drive and the auto run will start to create the disk. The issue is i keep getting a "cannont create not usb storage device is in your computer" when I have 2 usb storage devices in. One 1tb hdd and one 8gig usb.

Any ideas ?S :S

just go to start/all progarms/accessories/system tools/system restore. follow what it tells you to do.

way of accessing system restore may vary depending on os but its pretty much the same

Arnt system restore and system recovery different?

system restore is used for small errors such as driver issues. system recovery is if your computer stops working entirely such as failing to boot assuming it was caused by windows not a bad hdd. if you could specify whats wrong with your machine we could find out what method would be better suited for your situation

Nothing is wrong with it. I just want a fresh install and delete all the data on there as I'm selling it!

ok then you would use system restore if the computer came with a recovery disk with an os on it. if not you need to just reformat it using your own os disk just make sure to download drivers first.

Back