UEFA Euro 2008 Cup

Shit, 1-0 to Russia.

We improved our game a lot during the last ten minutes, though, so I think we got a good chance of recovering.

Entertaining game to watch so far. Russia played great for the first 35 minutes but I have my doubts as to whether they can sustain that level of quality. Sweden have indeed improved their attack, but if Russia turn up the tempo again you still get the feeling that the Swedish defence is liable to be carved up by their clever passing.

Back on page 12...
After Russia's last game, there is no doubt in my mind that Sweden will destroy Russia.

Hectic Glenn said:
I beg to differ, if Russia play like that again, the Swedes are in trouble.
Oh boy you Swedes are, the next 45 minutes better be very different.

Oh wow, what a second goal from Russia... lovely couple of passes just completely undid the Swedes.

Not what lost Rangers the cup was just the worst football playing I have ever seen, no wonder the fans rioted in Manchester, not because the screens for the game werent up, but because their team produced one of their worst ever performances.

Russia's first shoddy match feels like a dream after seeing this game. They were a real class act tonight, giving the Swedes little to be ashamed about since it was a performance that would have shook up most any team. It could have been 4-0 in the end. Great passing, great vision, and that's while Pavlyuchenko wasn't even playing as well as he did in Russia's previous match. Arshavin was a little star, though.

Holland are still obviously huge favourites for the quarter final match, but if Russia put on a similar performance then it won't be a walkover by any means. My new underdog favourites. Still shaky at the back and inclined to take stupid long shots (like Zhirkov's shot(??) from the corner).

If Holland loses the quarter finals, I'll be rooting for Russia for the rest of the tournament, eventhough they would be the ones that defeated the Dutch :p

You forget Croatia are playing awsomely too, ill be routing for them if the dutch get knocked out.

Not what lost Rangers the cup was just the worst football playing I have ever seen, no wonder the fans rioted in Manchester, not because the screens for the game werent up, but because their team produced one of their worst ever performances.
Not really. There's something called a defensive formation which tries to stop guys like Arshavin. He's too good and cuts through any team. And when a defensive team concedes a goal it's impossible to attack without conceding goals.

I hope Portugal shows Germany who's boss today. It's just going to be such a nail biter...

I hope Portugal shows Germany who's boss today. It's just going to be such a nail biter...
I dunno about a nail biter, Portugal has both C.Ronaldo and Nuno Gomes, and their really good. Germany has a fantastic defense though.

What the shit happened?
I leave at 2-1 and now its 3-1
The hell is Portugal doing??

3-2 with 86 minutes to go, if Portugal score again I will cry.

EDIT: Nevermind, not even your precious Ronaldo can save you, over-rated as I have always said.

02-ronaldo-crying.JPG

Auf wiedersehen :LOL:

Big disappointment. I don't think hate is a strong enough word for Ballack...
Oh and wtf is up with Ricardo, new keeper needed.

no hate isn't a strong enough word for ronaldo. ****ing pussy did you see his lame acting with his ankle? That was almost as bad as what ****ing rivaldo did in 2002.

no hate isn't a strong enough word for ronaldo. ****ing pussy did you see his lame acting with his ankle? That was almost as bad as what ****ing rivaldo did in 2002.

Didn't you see the German player step on his foot after the foul was called? That wasn't cheating or anything close but what Ballack did on that header was just plain shameful. What a lack of integrity...

Yeh to be fair the player did actually stand on his foot when running off, its happened to me before and its ****ing hurts.

Portugal was a ****ing shambles in defence. Germany basically scored two identical goals (2 & 3), and there's really no excuse for that for a team like Portugal.

I was getting sick and tired hearing about Bosingwa (as good as he's proven to be) being referred to as "Chelsea's new right-back". WE ****ING GET IT - HE'S GOING TO CHELSEA.

Rawr.

I still fancy Spain for the cup, but it's growing very, very, very, very, very difficult to see past the Dutch.

Didn't you see the German player step on his foot after the foul was called? That wasn't cheating or anything close but what Ballack did on that header was just plain shameful. What a lack of integrity...

did you not watch the replay?! he didnt even touch his foot!! if anything he grazed it at the very most. ronaldo is just a huge disgrace and gives soccer a bad name. So many north americans think soccer is just a bunch of sissy boys prancing around and get hurt n start making a scene with the slightest touch, and i hate to say it but hell thats what it's become.

Yea ronaldo is skilled, but skill only goes so far.

I hope Germany or Spain wins, but I wouldn't mind Netherlands winning either. I think it's going to be one of those three anyway: Germany against Netherlands or Spain in the finals.

How hot was the German fan that the coverage kept switching to when the ball went dead?

_44763295_germafan_getty.jpg

Wtf she's that ugly ****'s Schweinsteiger's GF.

Good ole Germans :D

Holland v Germany in the final is my bet :D

So many north americans think soccer is just a bunch of sissy boys prancing around and get hurt n start making a scene with the slightest touch.

And yet, its the yanks who have to play rugby in armor, when us europeans just go at it with pure muscle.

And yet, its the yanks who have to play rugby in armor, when us europeans just go at it with pure muscle.

yea but we're talking about how soccer players like ronaldo give SOCCER a bad name

Oh my god, what an end to a game. Kudos to the Turks. They did it again. I hereby declare Turkey the new Germany, in the sense that they are never beaten until the final whistle sounds.

Jesus fucking tapdancing Christ on a pogo stick, poor, poor Croatians. Everyone thought the Croatians had won and then that Turk comes and scores in what must have been the final seconds, and then the Croatians lose in penalties.

you are right about that, but we are SO damn lucky.
btw,how did Crotia missed those penalties,I still can't believe it.

you are right about that, but we are SO damn lucky.
btw,how did Crotia missed those penalties,I still can't believe it.

They missed those penalties because of the last minute goal you guys scored. Time was almost up when the Croats made their goal, so they already thought they were through to the semis. When the Turks scored as well, the Croats' dream was shattered and they were dealt a very painful psychological blow. They couldn't really concentrate anymore, so basically Turkey won the game before the penalties even started.

Good luck on all the yellow cards and your injured players though. Germany will be a tough cookie to crumble.

EDIT Oh and lol @ all the Turks here in Amsterdam. Judging by the sound of all the car horns, a lot of people are very happy.

You should hear those sounds in Turkey :D whole city has gone mad :p

(bu arada semih kurtardı bizi ha :) )

The game was shit, the drama was incredible. GO TURKEY!

oh god i CAN'T wait until spain and italy...oh how i hope spain rapes italy in the a-hole

oh god i CAN'T wait until spain and italy...oh how i hope spain rapes italy in the a-hole

Why would you hope spain rapes italy? Does Italys team bother you that much? Granted we're ****ing goddamn lucky to still even be in it, we ****ed france in the ass AGAIN.

Back