Ughh G4 is gay

Dr.Sbaitso

Reaction score
God that pisses me off, if any of you have G4TV they just showed the G4 and EW Top 100 games, and Half-Life got 6, f***ing Zelda got number 1, ZELDA! Ohh that made me mad.

Of course i know everything is opinion and all but god number one game of all time i think not! HL got 6 and GTA series got 4, im sorry but Zelda is not better than either of those, oh yeah and Tetris got 3, can we say gay! Just cause a game is old doesnt mean it deserves praise.

Originally posted by Dr.Sbaitso
Of course i know everything is opinion and all but god number one game of all time i think not! HL got 6 and GTA series got 4, im sorry but Zelda is not better than either of those, oh yeah and Tetris got 3, can we say gay! Just cause a game is old doesnt mean it deserves praise.

No we can’t, I spend more time playing Tetris, than playing GTA 3.

G4TV is kinda weak, but the women that host the shows are pretty good :E

Zelda is a very good game. Now whether it's better than HL/2 or not i couldnt tell ya. /me loves both :)

i wanna preorder the SE cuz that box looks freaking awesome.
not to mention all the cool stuff you'll get!

What got number 2? It better have been Final Fantasy series...

nope Doom got number 2 and yes i preordered Half Life 2 on Monday last week but i have to go back and chagne it when they announce the SE. And i will post the whole list in a second.

G4 and Entertainment Weekly Top 100 Games Of All
100. Missle Command
99. X-Com: UFO Defense
98. Frogger
97. Secrect of Mana
96. M.U.L.E
95. Golden Axe
94. IL-2 Sturmovik
93. Joust
92. Super Star Wars
91. Spy Hunter
90. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
89. Castle Wolfenstein
88. FIFA Soccer 2003
87. Battlezone
86. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
85. Prince of Persia
84. Asteroids
83. Daytona USA
82. Ghouls 'n Ghosts
81. Gauntlet
80. Silent Hill 2
79. King's Quest
78. Defender
77. Saturn Bomberman
76. Phantasy Star
75. Wave Race 64
74. Robotron 2084
73. Driver
72. Animal Crossing
71. Bust-a-Move 2
70. Homeworld
69. Centipide
68. Roller Coaster Tycoon
67. Tennis 2K2
66. Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
65. Devil May Cry
64. Samurai Showdown
63. R-Type
62. Max Payne
61. Panzer Dragoon Saga
60. Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II
59. Baldur's Gate / Baldur's Gate II; Shadow of Amn
58. Virtua Fighter 4
57. Tempest
56. Lemmings
55. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
54. NBA Jam
53. Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
52. Wing Commander (1 & 2)
51. Contra
50. Pitfall!
49. Pokémon
48. Chrono Trigger
47. Tron
46. Unreal
45. Donkey Kong
44. Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
43. NHL '93
42. Quake II
41. Deus EX
40. Dance Dance Revolution
39. Mortal Kombat II
38. Sonic The Hedgehog
37. SimCity
36. Tom Clany's Splinter Cell
35. Battlefield 1942
34. Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
33. Duke Nukem 3D
32. Tekken 2
31. Diablo II
30. Mario Kart 64
29. Medal of Honor Series
28. Galaga
27. Monkey Island Series
26. Command & Conquer Series
25. Star Wars X: Wing Alliance
24. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
23. Metal Gear Solid
22. Resident Evil Series
21. Everquest
20. Metroid Series
19. Ms. Pac-Man
18. Soul Calibur
17. Tomb Raider Series
16. Halo
15. Civilization II
14. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Series
13. Gran Turismo
12. Final Fantasy Series
11. Goldeneye 007
10. Street Fighter II
9. Starcraft/Warcraft
8. Super Mario 64
7. The Sims
6. Half-Life
5. Madden Series
4. Grand Theft Auto Series
3. Tetris
2. Doom
1. Zelda Series

Wow, Counter-Strike isnt listed on there. I wonder if it's included w/ Half-Life?

and hahaha, there's a game called Super Star Wars and its on that list...

yeah it was included with HL, on TV it was listed as Half Life/Counter Strike

Originally posted by Dr.Sbaitso
exactly, wtf is madden even doing in the top 50?
yeah splinter cell for example is like 100 times better

Just because you guys are nerds doesn't mean that the Madden series hasn't made more of an influence than HL. Which sorry to say, the madden series has well outsold anything from the HL family, it was also had consistently made a very good to great sports game every year on every system, all while constently changing engines and upgrading to new platforms. That's pretty impressive, HL on the other hand has so far been only one great game that has taken 5 years to produce a hopefully great sequel.

Originally posted by Cid
Just because you guys are nerds doesn't mean that the Madden series hasn't made more of an influence than HL. Which sorry to say, the madden series has well outsold anything from the HL family, it was also had consistently made a very good to great sports game every year on every system, all while constently changing engines and upgrading to new platforms. That's pretty impressive, HL on the other hand has so far been only one great game that has taken 5 years to produce a hopefully great sequel.

Honestly, while Madden wasn't a bad game per se, I wouldn't say it's one of the top 100 games ever made...I mean, since when did higher sales make a game better? EA Games has made plenty of high selling games, and yet many of the suck. While it may not be an EA Game, look at 'Enter the Matrix'. I bought it, I hated it. It's already sold a million copies in a week, and almost every reviewing site hates it. It's hype. It's advertising. Madden has done very little, in my opinion, to the series since it's debut, other than improved graphics. It ports to multiple consoles, but does very little differently, or sometimes nothing at all. The X-Box version has no improved graphics or anything over the PS2 version, despite the fact that it SHOULD. Anyway, it's a good game and all, yes. But top 100? Not in my opinion.

Just my two cents,
-Vert

Sure everyone in a while a game can have big time sales but not when the series has had what? probably 25-30 games over like 10 years (if you count the same year released on multiple systems). Presonally I havn't playeed a Madden game since Saturn, and that was my brothers. Still it's been more of a main stay that any other game I can think of. It doens't even have a counter part in any other sport (for example no top selling baseball game every year).

Seriously just because certain people don't like (most likely people who aren't big football fans) doesn't mean it isn't an incredible game for what it's meant to do. Some people probably hated Splinter Cell because I couldn't just run around killing people.

my major disagree ment with the list is madden. #5? sure it's a great sports game, but it hasn't really been revolutionizing...

thta why the zelda games are the top. They were the best game in ther class when they were released... except for Majora's Mask... but anyway....

btw, Tetris is Teh win.

I hate G4. They repeat things over and over and have really crappy reviews. They review games that are like never been seen before becuase there so shitty. One time I tunned in and it was a 3 hour show of some really crappy PC RPG which was more like an in-game movie. Who watches an in-game movie for 3 freakin hours. By far the worst TV station ever.

The fact that Ms. Pac Man got rated higher than games like Rainbow 6 and Diablo II just disturbs me. Also, where is Starsiege Tribes? It should have been on the list too.
Whoever wrote this gets paid too much money... :sniper:

Zelda games own, its easily equal to half life even tho half life ownz but i hope half life 2 will own all single player FPS games including DooM 3:devil:

Do each of you expect that if you think a certain game will be #<insert any #> that it will make that? These lists have no real meaning. Just forget it because most people know those lists are wrong. It's almost impossible to rank the "best games".

Originally posted by dovoxove
Zelda is a good game you know... Err too bad for HL2

thats like saying diable2 is the best RPG ever..ITS NOT EVEN A FUCING RPG IS IT FFS goddamn piece of ****ing noobing idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try baldurs gate thats a ****ing rpg jezus goddamn ****ing shite arghhhhhhhhhhh

**ahum**

since when do higher sales mean better game

Always. People voting with their wallets is worth a lot more than people getting something for free. When its cost you money you are much more discerning. If I'm not willing to pay for it, then it couldn't have been that good.

Secondly, the above list has nothing whatsoever to do with sales. It was an arbitrary list voted on by a bunch of people at this company.

FPS has been mentioned as a much smaller market than other types of games. There are probably a hell of a lot more people playing Sports games or Zelda or Arcades than doing CS, despite the rabid belief that CS is more popular than anything in existence.

As far as sales the only number I could find were pretty old. Doom sold 2.9 million from 1993, while HL sold 2 million by 2000. I'm sure it outsold Doom over time. I recall that Doom was not for sale, only Doom II was actually sold. It was a while a go. I'm curious how much Counterstrike retail actually sold. I'd bet a lot of online players got it for free, which means nobody is making money on them beyond brand establishment.

Originally posted by loque
thats like saying diable2 is the best RPG ever..ITS NOT EVEN A FUCING RPG IS IT FFS goddamn piece of ****ing noobing idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try baldurs gate thats a ****ing rpg jezus goddamn ****ing shite arghhhhhhhhhhh

**ahum**

errrr. eh.......... hm...... yes.

Back