Ultramarines Teaser

>If it has a good story

>Ultramarines

fdsg.jpg

That is a horrible teaser.

It's also the company's first production, and... well, this basically sums it up for me:

http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/about

A cast list including such names as Terence Stamp, John Hurt and Sean Pertwee... below some ****ING WEAPON RENDERS.

Just wow.

below some ****ING WEAPON RENDERS.

Not only that, but they're watermarked with a disclaimer saying they're "pre-production" so that way they can avoid any criticism. Who is in charge of this thing? A 14 year old?

Even the awesomeness of sean pertwee AND john ****ing hurt in the same movie can't save that POS :|

Interesting, I've always thought a Space Marine film would be epic, whether this will be is another story, especially considering you get absolutely nothing from the teaser.

Why do movies have to adopt such stupidass names nowadays? (ninja assassin)

Call it "The Space Marines".

Because the movie focuses on Ultramarines. Jesus. To name it "The Space Marines" would be retarded. No, these are Ultramarines, and so shall the movie be called "Ultramarines".

Initial response; JOHN HURT!! Awesome!... though the trailer gives you not much of a clue about anything except the genre and that the visual's aren't too brilliant...

I don't have high hopes for this. As much as I love 40k's universe I think it's far too easy to make it cheesy and lame instead of giving it the right style and atmosphere and I have no faith whatsoever that this movie will do the latter.

The only real thing I see that this movie has going for it is that Dan Abnett wrote the script and I enjoyed reading the Gaunt's Ghost novels despite how fluffy they are.

flamingdts, calling it The Space Marines would be inaccurate and stupid. It's about the Ultramarines chapter which have 20 years of fluff behind them.

Why'd they call it "Band of Brothers" instead of "The United States' Airborne Infantry During World War II Show?"

Oh Jesus...

it looks like a student's decent 3d animation project (thats bad for direct to dvd movie), then again thats British film making for you, always on the cheap.

Wooooow that would barely pass for game CG five years ago, let alone film CG in current day. :|

Guess they spent all their animation budget on the voice actors...

I was actually expecting worse. Maybe I will watch this after all. The production values are passable as a b-movie, and I've always kinda wanted a movie in the same vein as the Dawn of War intro, which this reminds me of. Certainly won't pay a lot of money for it, though. Maybe 10 bucks.

The only thing more badass than a regular Marine is an Ultramarine!

A movie based on a colour? What's next, a movie based on a theme park attraction? A movie about a website?

Dan talking about the social network and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I know but what does this have to do with color?

I bet games workshop were laughing all the way to the bank when they came up with that one.

Even if this movie had one of the best quality CGI, I think this would only appeal to a niche market (fans of the 40,000 series). This doesn't look too much mainstream, maybe why they don't want to risk spending much for better CGI in fear of few sales. Hell, I have no idea what is going on, or who those guys in that big blue armor are.

Are those Terran Marines?!

I could school you, but I have the slightest feeling you're baiting. :dozey:

Anyways, after watching the trailer I've realized two things:

1. This movie will have best cost to profit ratio of anything ever...

2. Because they spent twelve dollars making it.

It actually looks like it'll be a fun movie despite it looking horribad when they don't have helmets on.

They seriously need to hire a lighting expert, the models are fine, but with the correct lighting they could be so much more.

Wow yeah that looks like a pretty fun PS2 cinematic!!!

Loving the stock explosions/fire. :)

Man, Relics cinematics looked way better than this.

Well, it's out.
Has anyone dished out the $40 to get the DVD? :p

Some people in the office were watching this yesterday and I had no idea what it was. It was on the big screen and I just walked past it on my way to lunch; I assumed it was a game because of the low-grade cinematics, and I didn't know if it was something being played or something being developed, so I just walked on by. I would've never realized what it was if this thread hadn't been bumped to the first page.

Back