United Offensive: Error 1305

riTuaL

Reaction score
I bought CoD:UO today and tried to install and it gave me an error at the very end of the installation:

"Error 1305. Error reading from file H:\Setup\Data\uo\pakuo04.pk3. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

I am then given the option to retry or cancel. If I retry, the installation freezes and nothing happens from there. If I cancel, I just go through the standard cancellation procedures. It also rambled off some information on my windows installer and MSDN (?). Is this a problem with the disc (yes, I cleaned them) or with my PC. Please help!

riTuaL said:
I bought CoD:UO today and tried to install and it gave me an error at the very end of the installation:

"Error 1305. Error reading from file H:\Setup\Data\uo\pakuo04.pk3. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

I am then given the option to retry or cancel. If I retry, the installation freezes and nothing happens from there. If I cancel, I just go through the standard cancellation procedures. It also rambled off some information on my windows installer and MSDN (?). Is this a problem with the dics (yes, I cleaned them) or with my PC. Please help!

Reinstall Call of duty AND COD:UO

Ohh, that's some big crap you're in, check the CD and make sure it isn't scratched, otherwise post on the official forum and if nothing goes bring it back to the store (if you're not old enough to be able to make them take it back, bring a parent along, since game stores are itchy about exchange/refunding games).

:hmph: Nah, it's not the CD, something wrong with your file... keep tampering around, locate your CoD folder, and install UO in there... it's an expansion now.

Well I just looked at the CD real closely and it looks like there are like these wavy shapes on it and it doesn't look normal at all. I'm gonna exchange it tomorrow and see what happens.

probably got a dirty or scratched cd and it cannot identify the pak file

Error 1305

Was there any fix to the Error 1305 ? I'm getting the same error. I exchanged the game and still getting the same error! :afro:

Back