Update is finally out!

So... you know damn well we're all gonna be playing here shortly. We should hook up, and knock out some of the 'friends' achievements. Here's a look into the immediate future on any given public server:

edit - those are pretty substantial changes to the Spy class if you ask me. Nice.

2nd edit - where the F is everybody? I'm at 95% and there are already a couple Goldrush servers up. See ya on the maps!

ya the medic spam is a bit ridiculous
some servers are worse than others

but i must say the new mode is alot of fun
and since medic was/is one of my main classes, i'm a happy camper with this new update :)

Heh, well, Valve certainly encouraged Medic use. Good update. I see now that Medics get assists even when the patient destroys a building.

Can someone explain me how i can add a friend to my list? in TF2

# Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies
That sucks. That was a fantastic way of spotting a bad spy: real "Well that serves you right, fool" moments.

ya the medic spam is a bit ridiculous
some servers are worse than others

but i must say the new mode is alot of fun
and since medic was/is one of my main classes, i'm a happy camper with this new update :)
Well it was pretty much inevitable, but it's not necessarily a bad thing if it encourages more people to go medic. Maybe people's increased experience with medic will make them play less like absolute retards when playing as other classes being healed.

# Teleporter effect no longer shows up on invisible or disguised Spies
That sucks. That was a fantastic way of spotting a bad spy: real "Well that serves you right, fool" moments.
It was annoying dren, and was quite rightly removed.

This was a well needed fix too
# Spies disguised as their own team can now capture control points

This is a good one too
# Increased force taken by pipebombs by bullets and explosions

- Added new attack animations to most melee weapons
- Added new speech for the Heavy and Demoman

Best changes

- Added new attack animations to most melee weapons
- Added new speech for the Heavy and Demoman

Best changes
Yeah they are good, the Eng has a new wrench animation which takes a little to get used to actually and the Spy's critical hit for his kinfe has been sped up which hopefully will resolve the 'facestab' issue.

I already posted this in the News section...but I feel every should know.

Shortly after loading the update I discovered that some genius who I had the fortune to play with (he?s a really nice guy?and always had a plan) had created a simple box map by the name of achievementbox_b3 and when I joined up the entire group of over 24 people were cooperating together to help each other out through the ordeal. But as we all know the best laid plans of mice and men may sometimes?well they don?t just go agley they can totally f#$k up!

Every couple of minutes some newb joined up and started playing the game like any other TF2 map: DMing hard working players who were trying to work towards a goal while exclaiming ?this is the worst box map ever!? Half the clueless DMers didn?t speak English and it was heartbreaking to see how plans can go downhill from a cultural barrier. But we worked and our endeavors paid off?slowly.

The man with the plan, Red Eyez tha Overdo$e figured out how we could get Double Blind Trial, Triage, Second Opinion, and Bedside Manner all at once and all together. (That?s really how smart he was.) This was the most friendly and communicative game I had played in years if not ever. But it needed massive communication and pre-planning. We saw disasters like everyone trying to get the achievement Big Pharma oblivious to the fact that by having everyone doing it alt once ensures nobody can get it. It was messy fun.

It was also dull work. After four hours I felt sullen and depressed. I went to make myself a sandwich and brooded on how terrible life would be, knowing how much commitment I would have to give to earn the new weapons. By the time I reached playing five hours straight doing nothing but attempting achievements. I contemplated canceling the doctor?s appointment I had set the next day thinking I could use that time to sleep while I work through the night on achievements. (Funnily enough that would?ve made me sicker.) By the sixth hour I looked at my list and was shocked to find that despite all that time I put into this I had only earned 19 measly medic achievements despite the team effort since we had to take turns and put up with the bastard DMers.

That?s when it hit me?.

I'M PLAYING A GOD DAMNED MMORPG!

All those years I tried to stay away from those people who slaved for hours walking around in circles, while mindlessly clicking the same thing over and over to get a fake epic sword for fake money?.

All those years I made fun of those who chose a game over their marriage?

All those years I refused to touch WoW or Everquest after being overtaken by the dark desire of Ultima Online.

I had become what I hated!

Continued...

By that time I was taking a jab at gaining the Preventative Medicine achievement (The falling one) with Red Eyez and a fellow by the name of BLUESHIFT. Suddenly the chatlog was flooded with a single player earning achievement after achievement...instantaneously! Then at the bottom we all saw the shocker?

Milestone 1
Milestone 2
Milestone 3

Then over the voice channel he exclaimed "HOLY $#!+? it works!"

He had earned every achievement at once!

Over course he was assailed immediately by inquests and WTFs. He was told there was an actual console command that unlocked all achievements. He typed it in the chatlog?I copied it and entered it in. It worked.

At first we all felt dirty for doing it. I was certainly hit hard. All those years of playing legitimately having a squeaky clean record on Steam?had I now cheated? But then again why on earth did Valve put that command in and leave it? Then I remembered back to something Doug Lombardi said in an interview, something about there being another way to unlock the achievements for those who don?t have the time. Whoever it was who showed me this thank you. You saved me possibly months worth of time. Months I would never get back.

Although I don?t feel like this was an infraction that would cost me my soul, I wish not to spoil the fun for those with autistic/OCD level amounts of willpower and time who wish to try every trick required to obtain every achievement. That's why I will only send the command to those who doth so request. (For Google and the TF2 wiki don?t seem to have the info on this yet.) As for the rest, good will hunting!

PS: Other than the new healgun, none of the weapons give any real advantage over others…it’s just extra additions.

Yeah i tried that console command.
Then reseted my achievements and stats.

I want my stats and old achievements back

Yeah i tried that console command.
Then reseted my achievements and stats.

I want my stats and old achievements back

I just looked at your Steam ID page...

62 BACKSTABS? How many people had to cooperate with you and how long did it take?

I just looked at your Steam ID page...

62 BACKSTABS? How many people had to cooperate with you and how long did it take?

I thought I reset my stats D:

It was sv_cheats 1
noclip into enemy room
spawn bots
turn off sv_cheats
Stab
Realised it was dumb and unhonorable
Reset achievements and stats today

According to the Steam forums there is no way to reset the stats and achievements.

I like how just because you want to earn the achievments without ****ing cheating you're labeled an autistic/ocd nerd with no life.

Actually, no I hate it. Assholes.

Goldrush is a blast, and I'm not cheating for those awards.

Until I get bored of not having them, anyway.

According to the Steam forums there is no way to reset the stats and achievements.

stats_reset_all
Achievements_reset_all
edit
I probably have to restart steam in order for the erset to take place on Steam. Other than that, its reset in TF2 itself.

Maybe locally, but your Steam stats stay the same, i guess?

I dont know why all these people are so hell bent over getting that ubersaw, since it will probably just make noob medics even suckier as they will killed 24/7 as they chase down big classes trying to ubersaw them. God bless valve for not overpowering medics in the update.

I dont know why all these people are so hell bent over getting that ubersaw, since it will probably just make noob medics even suckier as they will killed 24/7 as they chase down big classes trying to ubersaw them.
Key word there being "noob".

Wow, apparently weetodded is an MMO man at heart. He wanted to cancel a doctors appointment for TF2 achievements.

Personally, I won't cheat to get them, since I'm never medic anyway, I dun care.

As I prophecied, most of the servers I play on are now flooded with mediocre achievement-hungry medics. As a regular one, it's fun seeing them do kamikaze runs with the bonesaw. Just a while then I had to mow down 5 that were coming at me (heavy). Quite frightening, really. They don't have instics for self-preservation, I swear!

Back