US Airforce trains airmen on how to troll blogs

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
no really:

Bloggers: If you suddenly find Air Force officers leaving barbed comments after one of your posts, don't be surprised. They're just following the service's new "counter-blogging" flow chart. In a twelve-point plan, put together by the emerging technology division of the Air Force's public affairs arm, airmen are given guidance on how to handle "trolls," "ragers" -- and even well-informed online writers, too. It's all part of an Air Force push to "counter the people out there in the blogosphere who have negative opinions about the U.S. government and the Air Force," Captain David Faggard says.

seems really childish. guess the military cant handle criticism ..I mean for guys who prde themselves in being tough this is really wussy of them

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2009/01/usaf-blog-respo.html

air_force_blog_char.jpg

Oh boy are they going to be surprised when they try to troll people on the internet.

overheard at 4-chan

"Dont worry folks I'm from the Airforce"

it seems more like it's aimed at stopping them from making fools of themselves than anything else. It's also teaching them to present the military in a better light- which, let's face it, it needs. It also seems to be teaching manners of a sort. I doubt big dumb marines would normally be keen to make "factually well cited responses"

Is the posting a rant, rage, joke or satirical in nature?
YES:
Avoid responding to specific posts, monitor the site for relevant information and comments. Notify HQ.

lolwutpear

it looks like a way to give serious answers and shit

not like "lol start bashing them if they talk bad about military whit post like "you are such a wussie terrorist lover""you are such a whimpy whiner coward you wouldnt even last 3 hours cleaning a toilet in a barracks" and stuff like that"

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the Internet,
we shall never surrender.

Probably the wrong person to paraphrase horribly, but you know.

Just seems like a set of guidelines to prevent airmen from posting potentially stupid or embarassing things online. Very silly, but not that ridiculous.

it seems more like it's aimed at stopping them from making fools of themselves than anything else. It's also teaching them to present the military in a better light- which, let's face it, it needs. It also seems to be teaching manners of a sort. I doubt big dumb marines would normally be keen to make "factually well cited responses"

^^ this, I see no bad here. In fact i wish more military would act like that when responding to criticism/hate/flame/bashing/accusations/congratulations/whatever meh.

I doubt Marines would even know how to use the internet.

CAN I KILL SOMEONE WITH IT?

NO?

HUAH HUAH HUAH

Marines aren't involved here. They're still out there... trolling.

Back