Uwe Boll must DIE!! for the good of gaming

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Uwe Boll, Man, Myth, Legend

"Uwe Boll might be the world's greatest misunderstood filmmaking genius."

hehe ...first time ever the word "genius" and Uwe Boll have been mentioned in the same sentence

Boll's latest project: Postal

"...he's currently in negotiations for the rights to the series, and expects to start shooting Postal sometime next year. Additionally, he'll be writing the script hand-in-hand with the game designers, a first for him and video game movies. It should be interesting to see how Boll handles a game whose gameplay revolves around pure shock value. "

without seeing a script/preview/trailer/screenshots/anything I can almost be 100% sure than it will be a big steaming pile of celluoid crap

here's some interesting tidbits about the man-legend:

- The House of the Dead only brought in a paltry $10.2 million

- Dungeon Siege stars Burt Reynolds ...I'm being serious here

- admitts the script for The House of the Dead was "complete crap,"

- "I really like Oliver Stone, Martin Scorsese, Brian De Palma, Stanley Kubrick, this kind of director" ...too bad he didnt learn anything from them

- "I think the only weak part in Alone in the Dark is maybe Tara Reid's acting"

- "I have an Xbox at home, and so right now I played Postal on PC" ....and he still wants to make Postal?

- "I'm a huge fan of Hitman and Silent Hill [NOOOOOOOO!!!!], but both movies are getting made now. [thank god!]"

- 1UP: Do you think you might ever want to work on a video game?
"It's very interesting and we're talking about Crytech some kind of tie-in with Far Cry if it's possible"

- it's a three hour long movie with sensational script with great story points, great character development ...3 hour movie adaptation of Dungeon Seige ..oh man, that's going to bomb ..no one wants to sit through a 3 hour action movie

- "I never overpay actors" ...there's actors in his movies?

- upcoming movies: Fear Effect (ps1 game), Farcry (why? why?)

btw 1UP needs to fire their editor ..the article is full of typos ...who the hell is Stephen Dolf? (he means Stephen Dorf)

hes ruining the movie/game relationship... and lightspeed fast :(

Here are some Uwe Boll facts:

bollfans.com said:
Name: Uwe Boll
Date of birth: June 22nd, 1965
Birthplace: Wermelskirchen (Germany)
Height: 1,74 m
Weight: 79 kg
Eyes: green
Hairs: brown
Residence: Mainz (Germany)
Marital status: single
Hobbies: jogging, cinema, eating well, Videogames, books and dogs
Pets: 2 dogs, Laura (Black Shepherd) and Daisy (Romanian streetfighter)

Favourite-

-meal: Sauerbraten (traditional german meal)
-movie: Once Upon a Time in America
-actor: Al Pacino
-sport: Boxing sport
-club: Bayer Leverkusen
-drink: tasty red wine (LOL)
-music: from classic to techno to heavy metal
-band: Rammstein (rockband)
-beer: Bitburger (German beer)
-book: Fritz Zorn - Mars
-wear: sportswear and jeans
-games: Silent Hill, Halo 2 und Hitman

Gah, why does he have to make FarCry, that could be great.

Mabye someone will watch hitman and assasinate him.

BTW Jonny Messner will definatly play Jack Carver, he must I thought a trailer for that anacondas movie was a trailer for FarCry.

This is a man I have never even heard of, or seen any of his films.

Is that ignorance or fortune?

(Judging by many HL2.netters post's, fortune).

As long as he stays away from things like Deus Ex I don't care. Luckily his tastes seem to be in the commercial games - Halo, Silent Hill. Thank god.

Half-Life will be next on his hit list. Even though VALVe are very protective of their I.P. Boll somehow manages to convince developers to sign on the dotted line, even given his awkward past. I don't know? Maybe he makes them an offer they can't refuse? (incase you didn't get it, it's a Godfather reference, a movie that Boll probably thinks he can dethrone).

mortiz said:
Half-Life will be next on his hit list.
Then he will be on mine.

Seriously, I just won't even watch it because it will be assraped beyond recognition.

CptStern said:
Uwe Boll, Man, Myth, Legend

"Uwe Boll might be the world's greatest misunderstood filmmaking genius."

hehe ...first time ever the word "genius" and Uwe Boll have been mentioned in the same sentence

Boll's latest project: Postal

"...he's currently in negotiations for the rights to the series, and expects to start shooting Postal sometime next year. Additionally, he'll be writing the script hand-in-hand with the game designers, a first for him and video game movies. It should be interesting to see how Boll handles a game whose gameplay revolves around pure shock value. "

without seeing a script/preview/trailer/screenshots/anything I can almost be 100% sure than it will be a big steaming pile of celluoid crap

here's some interesting tidbits about the man-legend:

- The House of the Dead only brought in a paltry $10.2 million

- Dungeon Siege stars Burt Reynolds ...I'm being serious here

- admitts the script for The House of the Dead was "complete crap,"

- "I really like Oliver Stone, Martin Scorsese, Brian De Palma, Stanley Kubrick, this kind of director" ...too bad he didnt learn anything from them

- "I think the only weak part in Alone in the Dark is maybe Tara Reid's acting"

- "I have an Xbox at home, and so right now I played Postal on PC" ....and he still wants to make Postal?

- "I'm a huge fan of Hitman and Silent Hill [NOOOOOOOO!!!!], but both movies are getting made now. [thank god!]"

- 1UP: Do you think you might ever want to work on a video game?
"It's very interesting and we're talking about Crytech some kind of tie-in with Far Cry if it's possible"

- it's a three hour long movie with sensational script with great story points, great character development ...3 hour movie adaptation of Dungeon Seige ..oh man, that's going to bomb ..no one wants to sit through a 3 hour action movie

- "I never overpay actors" ...there's actors in his movies?

- upcoming movies: Fear Effect (ps1 game), Farcry (why? why?)

btw 1UP needs to fire their editor ..the article is full of typos ...who the hell is Stephen Dolf? (he means Stephen Dorf)
So what about Far Cry, that game allready had a generic Uwe Boll story, he is the perfect director for it. Fear Effect on the other hand is an absolute masterpiece of story and atmosphere.

Hehe...second time ever the word "genius" and Uwe Boll have been mentioned in the same sentence. :E

Coming soon: Uwe Boll's Nethack.

Actually, who else think it can't be long before he adds 'Uwe Boll's' to the beginning of all his film titles?

Id give it until his ego infaltes to planet-size...probably three weeks

What, Uwe or me? :p
He cant be that bad, shurely?

He must be doing something right if he is getting all these movie deals.

I have yet to see one of his films.

Resident Evil was a good movie IMO, to bad noone agrees.

WTH? Postal? Does that game even have a story? What's there to adapt? It's a guy going around doing wierd, violent things. I guess it could turn out as some sort of dark humor action movie- oh wait, no it couldn't, ewe balls is directing it, it must only be a pile of crap :(
Please god, do not let him get half-life...

I liked it. And the second one, though mainly because Valentine was hawt.

The dialouge, story and the character Alice were cringe worthy.

But then again, I'm a big fan of the games :p

Resident evil was ok but I never played the games , the second one was really poor.
So he's doing Postal, my nomination for worse game of all time, wonder how it will turn out :LOL:

I don't trust Boll, but I do trust Valve. If they ever even let a movie be made I'm confident they'd never let it go any easier than Bungie did (who were able to score a very impressive and promising deal).

I havent saw any movies of thsi uwe boll but since a lot of people say that they suck then I better believe them

and imo the first resident evil was decent and the second one worse but both where not so bad, but I prefer see the game being played from someone else that the movies

Well i doubt Uwe Boll will get his hands on the Half-Life series. Especially when you've got directors like Quentin Tarantino who are also fans of Half-Life.

I can't believe a guy who lists Once Upon A Time in America as his favorite film can't draw SOME inspiration from it and churn out something decent instead of his current piles of steaming crap. I downloaded Alone in the Dark recently and then couldn't bring myself to watch it. I even deleted it before i saw it :dozey:

How the **** can Postal become a movie?!

I love the game and all but...
I don't see any movie material in it.

Actually, if Boll was a good director, Postal could make a decent dark humor satire on American society o_O. Obsession with violence, terrorism, etc etc.

Alas, if only...

DeusExMachinia said:
Actually, if Boll was a good director, Postal could make a decent dark humor satire on American society o_O. Obsession with violence, terrorism, etc etc.

Alas, if only...

oh ok I get it ...so if Boll had talent, credibility, creative vision and a certain je ne sais quoi ...Postal would be a good movie? ;)

I agree in the right hands it could be good ...but the marketing guys dont want it to be good, they just want it to sell

lars von triers would be a good choice ..his movie The Idiots was brilliant

Back