Valve is boring and I don't care about them anymore

And just because I think Valve is boring and I don't care about them anymore doesn't mean I don't enjoy venting my frustation about them and want to talk about WHY i feel this way.
I didn't know that if you stopped caring about something, you immediately cannot talk about it.

I'm not sure you understand what caring is. If you genuinely didn't care you would have no inclination to write about it.
Your words make a lie of themselves.

You obviously do care, a lot, you're just unhappy.

If you expressed your malaise clearly such as we had in that thread of BHC a while ago we wouldn't be ridiculing your post.

Anyway steamOS is an ok idea, better to have a developed backup gaming OS ready in case of shenanigans by Microsoft than not.

I'm not sure you understand what caring is. If you genuinely didn't care you would have no inclination to write about it.
Your words make a lie of themselves.

You obviously do care, a lot, you're just unhappy.

If you expressed your malaise clearly such as we had in that thread of BHC a while ago we wouldn't be ridiculing your post.

Anyway steamOS is an ok idea, better to have a developed backup gaming OS ready in case of shenanigans by Microsoft than not.
Are you purposely ignoring my posts? There is a difference between being an uncaring new member of a community, and being an uncaring old member of a community whom used to care. The whole point of Valvetime.net is to talk about Valve. If a member cared about Valve, and then no longer cares about Valve, how is that not a topic for discussion? Someone who in all senses didn't care, would simply drop the site.

Are you purposely ignoring my posts? There is a difference between being an uncaring new member of a community, and being an uncaring old member of a community whom used to care. The whole point of Valvetime.net is to talk about Valve. If a member cared about Valve, and then no longer cares about Valve, how is that not a topic for discussion? Someone who in all senses didn't care, would simply drop the site.

I wouldn't even bother, tbh. He just likes the sound of his voice. :^)

Last edited:
Linux is important though, because it frees developers and users from forms of gatekeeping and from performance overheads that we get from Windows and DirectX platforms. As things are already, you need to pay a hundred bucks or so for a valid Windows license, so you can download DirectX and play games with its performance overheads, and all this can be avoided if Linux becomes a thing. OpenGL/Vulkan is faster than DirectX, and Linux is cheaper than Windows, and it's better to see competition in the desktop OS market than to see one company (Microsoft) dominate sales and market share.

Windows 7 is pretty nice, but opening up the gaming market to Linux builds isn't a bad thing. "Good enough" isn't always good.

****in A, someone actually gets it.

I understand though. I also am dissapointed at Valve for the wait, but I don't blame them. Thinking about the situation, it seems hard to blame them without being ridiculous. I am just dissapointed, is all.

I'll get excited again once a fun, microtransaction-free, game comes out.

Until then, I'll save up for a device that can actually run whatever game that happens to be.

The thing is, I like Valve. I believe they still have it in them to make legendary games. But they know where the money's at: DotA 2. That being said, they seriously need to work on communication. I understand their stance on communicating, but I just want them to tell us if Half-Life is dead or not.

There is a difference between caring less and discussing this and saying "I don't care, it's boring!" like some angsty teenager... and then continue to write walls of text about said subject.
As you said, if he actually didn't care he wouldn't care enough to bring it up, he'd either leave or only mention it in passing. Writing walls of texts about a subject proves that you do in fact still care.
Honestly, if you simply ignore his profession to not care and read those posts you'll see they are clearly written by someone who is still emotionally invested, but upset.

This is what you're actually describing, which is quite different from the OP in thread for several reasons.

But I just like the sound of my own voi- uh, typing.

Back