Valve is F.O.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatts666

Reaction score
Ok this is going out of hand. Everyones pissed off at valve and taking it on each other. Valve you sure do make good games but the way you leave your fans uninformed is plain stupid of you guys. There hasnt been any info since your gay lame GABEN incident. WTF is going on give us a sign to calm people down.
I dont mind the delays, but it would be nice to be informed of what the fk is going on. Its pruty obvious that all your fans are left out. Im sure 90% of them dont mind your delays altho they would love to have a sign of life from you guys.
And dont say your to busy it takes 4 minutes to type some news about your status.

ah well im tired of all this crap. im not going nuts but it sure does put you on a down mood and frustration.

go on and flame those who want. its not as if its gona do anything to me since theres nothing worst than VALVE to piss one off at the moment.

gatts666 said:
Ok this is going out of hand. Everyones pissed off at valve and taking it on each other. Valve you sure do make good games but the way you leave your fans uninformed is plain stupid of you guys. There hasnt been any info since your gay lame GABEN incident. WTF is going on give us a sign to calm people down.
I dont mind the delays, but it would be nice to be informed of what the fk is going on. Its pruty obvious that all your fans are left out. Im sure 90% of them dont mind your delays altho they would love to have a sign of life from you guys.
And dont say your to busy it takes 4 minutes to type some news about your status.

ah well im tired of all this crap. im not going nuts but it sure does put you on a down mood and frustration.

go on and flame those who want. its not as if its gona do anything to me since theres nothing worst than VALVE to piss one off at the moment.

What you are saying may be correct, though I have a feeling that this thread will be deleted in a short notice...

im kinda getting mad to, cause of all the delays, and that their not saying anything yet.

gatts666 said:

:cat: meooowwwwwwww.

I agree, we need info on whats happening.

Not being left in the dark and only being told of changes shortly before and sometimes after things are scheduled to happen.

gatts666 said:

^ :dork: ^

It's really not that big a deal. There are lots of other things to do in the meantime.

Ok this is going out of hand. Everyones pissed off at valve and taking it on each other. Valve you sure do make good games but the way you leave your fans uninformed is plain stupid of you guys. There hasnt been any info since your gay lame GABEN incident. WTF is going on give us a sign to calm people down. I dont mind the delays, but it would be nice to be informed of what the fk is going on. Its pruty obvious that all your fans are left out. Im sure 90% of them dont mind your delays altho they would love to have a sign of life from you guys.

I kinda agree. Just tell us how close you are, at least. Something. We have been waiting long enough, release a demo (a LEGAL one) or something like that, please. Its getting annoying having release date pushed back.. and back... AND BACK... AND BACK... AND BACK... AND BACK... AND BACK...

Puzzlemaker said:
I kinda agree. Just tell us how close you are, at least. Something. We have been waiting long enough, release a demo (a LEGAL one) or something like that, please. Its getting annoying having release date pushed back.. and back... AND BACK... AND BACK... AND BACK... AND BACK... AND BACK...

What date? They just gave estimates.

And as for speaking up, I'm not quite sure what they should say. We all know they are not gonna mention dates, not for HL2, not for the preload, not for the SDK, not for anything. And rightfully so because missing such a date would only lead to more bitching, I hope they learned from their past and the not so fruitful experiences.
And what else is there to mention? 'Yeah... we're still sorta working on the game. I thought I'd let you know we're still alive. Well you never know with all this terrorism these days eh?'.

Let them just work on their game, 'oh noes teh Valve doenst sp33k, teh delay!! OMFG WTFBBQ!'
Geez, life doesn't stop without Valve being present 24/7....
No news is good news.

Well their communication in general needs an overhaul (don't say squat in the first place about projected dates is what I'd recommend, ol' George from 3D Realms knows that by now :)). But tbh I'm just glad that we've been witnessing some progress at all what with the pre-loads. Yes, it's not a shiny new copy of the game in our hands that we can play, but it is an indication that Valve is moving forward in their development schedule to get the game out (through Steam anyhow). So yeah, I'm bummed too, but even a medieval village of pitchfork and burning torch-wielding madmen isn't going to make the process go any faster (well the threat of burning Valve to the ground might). I do agree with the original poster 100%, they should give us some more info considering they gave us projected dates in the first place, but honestly I don't see how they could make the process go any faster. It's most likely to do with Vivendi wanting to make it a holiday product for more sales (that is if in fact it's pushed to November). Me? I'm gonna sit back, relax, do a J, and put on The Big Lebowski.

Sign it FFS

This is very true we need info....i still love what valve has done to my life (I know i'm sad....so what) but comon we need to be informed or sooner or later we will go crazy arrange a mass suicide and sacrifice oursleves in the hope that the god of FPS will give us HL2.

i know this has probably been done be4 but sign here if you agree with the general message of this thread ( I know petitions r gay) and lets see how many ppl are as mad as i am.

I don't agree; I think they shouldn't make any public statements regarding the development stage of the game whatsoever until the gold master has been burnt.

If they had adopted this strategy after the september 2003 debacle (or rather, preferably before that), a lot of anguish could have been avoided.

I'd be more than willing to bake each and every one of you a chocolate chip cookie. That's right kids! Cookies! =] Want some?

Hold your horses.

X-Vector said:
I don't agree; I think they shouldn't make any public statements regarding the development stage of the game whatsoever until the gold master has been burnt.

If they had adopted this strategy after the september 2003 debacle (or rather, preferably before that), a lot of anguish could have been avoided.

Exactly. Didn't id do this with Doom 3? And then when it went gold everyone was assumably in a much more rejoiced and surprised mood about it? No buildup and what not. When HL2 goes gold we're gonna get several dozen threads on here with titles along the lines of 'Bout time they got their asses into gear'.

Obviously none of this really has any bearing on how well the game does (every whiny bitcher and moaner on here knows they're gonna buy it the second it comes out). But yeah, Valve should definetely adopt a policy of silence related to all things release-related. Yeah yeah, everyone hounds them for info on release dates. Know what I say to that? Valve should just ignore them. Do most game companies respond to hordes of questions like that? No. They keep their mouth shut. Just do it Valve!

gatts666 is right. Enough is enough. It's time to storm Valve HQ and 'liberate' their code. Not forgetting to fondle their secretaries as well !!.

Valve NEVER gives us any statements!!! Oh wAAAAAaaa.......

So I guess the thing about the RC being done on the 15 is just the wind passing by.

If you'r going to whine about something, it has to be the delays, not the ammount of statements they put out. I know for sure as hell that they say more to the community then A LOT of other game companies.

Fender357 said:
If you'r going to whine about something, it has to be the delays, not the ammount of statements they put out. I know for sure as hell that they say more to the community then A LOT of other game companies.

Well that's the whole point. We wouldn't be whining about it if they just shut up about the dates. Then the delays wouldn't be so annoying. And who said saying things to the community was a good thing in this situation? If they actually followed up on what they projected, at least, like, 50% of the time, then I suppose their line of communication with us could be applauded and commended. But when they throw out dates they know they can't keep its just useless to talk to us at all about it.

Yes it's sad that Valve has one of the most anticipated games yet has released the least amount of info. The only game rivaled in its secrecy was Doom3 back in the day (and we know how THAT game turned out).

And we can do nothing about it.

on the bright side, we've had successful hl2 preloads for the past 2 consecutive weeks. if it weren't for that, id probably be complaining.

poseyjmac said:
on the bright side, we've had successful hl2 preloads for the past 2 consecutive weeks. if it weren't for that, id probably be complaining.

Yeah I really am happy about that. To have that and then have the game pushed back to November is no biggy for me honestly. Just to see they're making progress on the distribution front is enough to keep me satisfied release-wise. I wonder how much Vivendi would sue Valve for if they decided to go ahead and release it over Steam a couple months ahead of retail?

Javert said:
Yes it's sad that Valve has one of the most anticipated games yet has released the least amount of info. The only game rivaled in its secrecy was Doom3 back in the day (and we know how THAT game turned out).

WTF are you talking about ???

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1298

There is a bunch we don't know about HL2, but we do know a HELL of a lot about it and Source.

If anything they've told us too much about the game.

I really don't see how knowing very little about a game will make it bad when it comes out.
Doom 3 was just screwed from the start. (in some aspects)

Exactly. They've been trying too hard to pioneer there own breed of PR. Honestly, limelight is something Valve could do with a lot less off. They may be good at making games, but that's as far as it goes.

subtlesnake said:
Exactly. They've been trying too hard to pioneer there own breed of PR. Honestly, limelight is something Valve could do with a lot less off. They may be good at making games, but that's as far as it goes.

Obviously the artists, designers, writers, and programmers aren't the ones in charge of PR :)

I'm surprised that anybody actually gives a shit really. I mean, if the most creative use of your time that you can find is to post about how annoyed you are at the lack of information about a game, and if I were a Valve employee, I certainly wouldn't care about what you think.

No matter what people here rant about, they'll all be playing the game one way or another when its released. Personally, I'm still having great fun playing Natural Selection.

Javert said:

Actually vALVE have realeased a lot. They have done several interviews and a HUGE amount of screenshots, not to mention the seemingly thousands of videos. And compared to Halo 2 which is getting released in november, proably the same time as Half Life 2, all we have is one measley gameplay footage and a few facts revolving around the dual weild and new weapons.

On topic I think its time we put it to the MAN. And in this case the MAN is vALVE for not giving us a release date and generally being bastards. And hey Gabe when you read this, look at my signature b*tch.

I don't want any information. I just want them to shut the hell up until the game has gone gold and they have a confirmed street date for release from the publisher.

EDIT: Maybe they're starting to adopt this policy to some degree seeing as how they didn't announce when the second pre-load would commence. A sign Valve's PR is evolving? Wonders never cease.

I don't see what more you would want to know?

Gabe: "Ok. I just got back from taking a dump, let me tell you a little about it."

Darkknighttt said:
im kinda getting mad to, cause of all the delays, and that their not saying anything yet.

awww poor baby....get a life :rolleyes:

Well usually I would defend Valve to the death, but yeah... you're right... I've totally lost patience and right now I agree with you.

Maybe in a week or two I will be able to rekindle my interest, but for now I just feel my empathy for Valve has been worn down to the bone. Instead I'm going to relax by skinning myself with a cheese-grater and bathing in a bath of salt and vinegar. Much less painful.

r5a said:
You guys demand too much from Valve.

other communities demand the same things from other game developers. but you don't see them complaining because they get what they seek, which is no BS. you'll find even non-hl2 fans bitching about valve on other forums. they don't demand too much, they just demand the same as any other.

I agree 100%. And as poseyjmac said, at least they've released the preloads which is a very good sign and has restored my faith in HL2 ever being released before 2005.

It's not like they have to report every tiny development, like "WOHOO Today at 14.27 we eliminated a bug. Get the champagne guys!" but maybe a hint as in "The game is coming along good, we've finally got x fixed etc. and we're increasing the Steam bandwith in order to...etc." Wouldn't hurt anyone and wouldn't spoil anything. It's frustrating when the fans are left to merely guess in what state HL2 might be, and creates alot of unnecessary frustration and stress (at least for me :p).

The secrecy has really gotten beyond ridiculous, however once the game is released all will be forgiven. :thumbs:

i can sympothize with the original poster cause this whole waiting is making me loose interest towards their product. and the enthusiasm that i had towards it a year ago.. now all the binks look old and lame to me.. tho graphically beautiful. i m more concerend about the apperent linear level design ...... its 2004 and they better have revolutionary things in this game other wise this game is as overhyped as the titanic was when it came out.. and boy did that suck....

i wish cs:s didn't exist. it would have been nice if they spent that energy on making a brand new completely original multiplayer game

cs:s is just 1.6 with a fresh coat of paint. and i personally don't care to plunk money towards it..

X-Vector said:

anguish... :p

anguish comes second when there's tons of money involved

Citizen 1150421 said:
i can sympothize with the original poster cause this whole waiting is making me loose interest towards their product. and the enthusiasm that i had towards it a year ago.. now all the binks look old and lame to me.. tho graphically beautiful. i m more concerend about the apperent linear level design ...... its 2004 and they better have revolutionary things in this game other wise this game is as overhyped as the titanic was when it came out.. and boy did that suck....

i wish cs:s didn't exist. it would have been nice if they spent that energy on making a brand new completely original multiplayer game

cs:s is just 1.6 with a fresh coat of paint. and i personally don't care to plunk money towards it..

valve is a company. they make games through payin the staff. they pay the staff through sales of games. CS is the most popular game/mod out there makin a shit load of money which is fundin HL2 CSS DODS TF2 etc

BREAKING NEWS: I just received word from Valve head honcho Gabe Newell reporting that Doug Lombardi prefers the softer toiletpaper, I quote: "the toiletpaper we have right now is like sandpaper, my anus is killing me" as said by PR-director Doug Lombardi.

That's the news we're gonna get if you lot had your way. I'm fine with them shutting up for now, it works. We'll hear it when it goes gold. I don't need news reports about who farted in the office and who was blamed.
I still haven't heard that vital piece of information they should give us, it's an outrage they're being silent about it. About what? What should they tell us? Dates? And ending up disappointed again? Yeah, great thinking. Okay, what about dates then? Oh... wait... never mind...

We'll see HL2 hitting the shelves at some period in time, until then, let Valve do what they do best, and that ain't planning. So stop asking for dates. Period.

spitcodfry said:
(every whiny bitcher and moaner on here knows they're gonna buy it the second it comes out).

Yeah they will spitcod, and then they will probably whine about petty shit to do with the game as well:-

'I didn't like the beige wallpaper in the tenements levels, why oh why could VALVe not use lilac paper instead? (it's soo much prettier) Boo Hoo Hoo, I hate you Gabe Newell!!, I hate you!! I hate you with every fibre of my being...in fact I'm going to eat this huge tub of double choc chip icecream so I put on (even more) weight...so I can hate you even more. Your shitty beige wallpaper is pissing on my dreams!! Don't you understand, you judas?

The western world is one big kindergarden :dozey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back