Valve On Being Acquired

Hi, my name is Blizzard. I'm a video game company and I'm owned by Vivendi. As a consequence of that, I'm forced to release unfinished, unpolished turds of games in regular 2 year intervals.

Right?

eaborgcubeag3.jpg

EA BORG WILL ASIMULATE VALVE! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE YOUR SOURCE ENGINE AND GAMES WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN! HALF LIFE WILL BE CHANGED INTO HALF MADE

HALF LIFE WILL BE CHANGED INTO HALF MADE

LOL

PS: I don't actually dislike EA (Hell yes CnC Generals), I just distrust them. Sort of like a circus Tiger. Sure I may want to pet it, and he probably WONT maul me, but the nigggling feeling in the back of my head wont let me do that so easily.

The reactions in the thread are amusing. Lombardi is just being a good businessman-- keeping his options open.

Frankly, there's really nothing to see here.

The reactions in the thread are amusing. Lombardi is just being a good businessman-- keeping his options open.

Frankly, there's really nothing to see here.

"EA was very progressive about saying, 'We understand who you guys are. We understand what Steam is. We don't want Steam to go away.' Well, they might want Steam to go away, but they're not asking us to make Steam go away."

ITT you under react.

EA seems to be more of a buisness company than a game developing one. They would just make 20 different crappy games a year and make money off of it. Valve is the opposite where they release like 1 game every 1-2 years which usually come out and become instant classics.

If they join EA, Valve will become more buisness structured and crash the half life franchise into the ground and worry only about money.

Sorry being late on this...

EA is like Microsoft and Google, they buy out companies which they think are good but they don't have but also fear. I think EA is trying to "Acquired" Valve like they did to Westwood Studios in August 1998 and just repeat what they have been doing over the past decade.

To me this is a threat and Valve shouldn't give in what EA says or does. Valve is growing and getting bigger but EA sees this as a threat to their gaming market. So, what do you do about that? You buy them out or "Acquired" them.

Wait... Is EA copying ideas? Hmmm EA Downloader 2005 (EA Link 2006 and EA Store 2007) sounds to me they're - "...is a self-updating software that allows users to download games, expansion packs, content booster packs and patches from Electronic Arts" and "...adding trailers, demos and special content to the content delivery service".

Hmmm... I'm guessing just out of shits & giggles that EA is trying and wants too, and what I mean is: "Acquired" Valve like they did to Westwood Studios in August 1998.

So, over the next year or soo... Things may happen or not... Depends on how Valve feels about the company as it self..........

So what can we do about it? Send E-mails, Call them and tell them don't sell out. It may help! :LOL:

Back