Valve taking Orange Box PS3 suggestions

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
While we may not have brought much attention on this issue, I would like to take a moment to spread this news regarding Valve, the Orange Box, the PS3 and errors. In this thread on the Steampowered Forums Valve is asking for users to submit their thoughts for changes and tweaks to be made to the PS3 version of the Orange Box.[br]If you are a PS3 owner and you have the Orange Box then please go to this thread to get your suggestions heard on how to improve your gaming experience.

I think, once again, they have set the bar as a game devoloper. I cant think of any other one thats better then Vavle.

Even though Gabe thinks the PS3 is worthless, they still fix the problems with the PS3 copy, that shows true love towards their creation and real appreciation and care for their community.

Valve = GODLIKE.

Why don't they spend 5 ****ing minutes to update dod:source. What the **** is up with you Gabe Newell?

^ Yeah, surely EA ****ed up on this and not Valve?

Either way, a great decision.

Some of these suggestions are unbelievably unhelpful. E.g.:
Fix glitches.
:|

Looks like the EA testing team really screwed up on this. There's no way you'd not mention such hideous lag and load times. Unless of course their wails of pain were ignored by the EA publishing side of things that just wanted to rush it out the door (probably in-turn pressurised by the Sony bigwigs trying to save their floundering system with a seemingly bullet-proof title).

That said I know the PS3 is a bitch to work with. It doesn't even have it's own first-party screen capture software. I'll say that again, because it's so ludicrous you might have thought you imagined it. It doesn't even have it's own first-party screen capture software.

Forgive me for asking the blindingly obvious burning question here, but how do you **** up the Orange Box? Just how?

do you think valve will really take over and issue fixes? The ambiguity of the post by JBurton suggests that Valve are simply compiling a list of complaints with which to barrage EA and stop them from publishing PS3 ports of future valve games.

/cynical

After this debaulcle EA aren't touching any Valve's glorius games with there stench of corruption and unpolishedness.

Yeah, and there's no excuse for it being a bad port due to the fact that EA have enough resources and man power to create a flawless port. Lazy buggers!

OMG ****ING SONY

If this delays Episode 3 I will crack some skulls!

/lulz

Good on Valve.

Do you think this will end the partership between Valve and EA?

Agreed!

This is very good on Valve's part. Could also be the end of the Valve-EA partnership as the PS3 copy is making Valve look really bad. Just look on the PS3 forum's most people think Valve put it on PS3, they don't realise that EA (and somewhat Gabe) were to blame.

Agreed!

This is very good on Valve's part. Could also be the end of the Valve-EA partnership as the PS3 copy is making Valve look really bad. Just look on the PS3 forum's most people think Valve put it on PS3, they don't realise that EA (and somewhat Gabe) were to blame.

Which is why I think its one of the reasons Valve is cleaning up the mess, for those who dont know EA through it together, its in Valves name. Soiled it EA has. Clean it up, Valve will.

Which is why I think its one of the reasons Valve is cleaning up the mess, for those who dont know EA through it together, its in Valves name. Soiled it EA has. Clean it up, Valve will.
Valve didn't clean up id's mess when they illegally included DOSBox in the Steam versions of games like Doom, Hexen and Commander Keen without adhering to the conditions of the license (well, not verbally, anyway). But I guess I'm the only person who cares they violated a GPL license without apology. It's good to see them taking more intitiative with their community/customers this time round, but I can't help but think they are only doing so this time because it has a greater affect on their sales figures, as opposed to it being the next stage of a learning process. Yes, I'm a cynic.

Some one over at the steampowered forums keeps giveing me crap. He keeps telling me stuff about how Valve is a greedy company who just wants our money and doesn't care about PS3 owners... He has failed to realize that valve is the complete opposite...

Some one over at the steampowered forums keeps giveing me crap. He keeps telling me stuff about how Valve is a greedy company who just wants our money and doesn't care about PS3 owners... He has failed to realize that valve is the complete opposite...

Valve doesn't care about the ps3-owners?! Then why the f*ck do they fix the ps3-version of the orange box!

Back