Valve to release CSS update

Fiberawptic

Reaction score
Well, because im bored, i thought id share with you some news that i recieved a while ago... I sent an email to Eric Smith from Valve asking several questions. Unfortunetly i deleted the email a while back but my main question was if they were planning on releasing a large scale update for CSS like they did with DODS, where they released acheivements and made the graphics nicer...

he sent me back saying something like "There will be those updates for CSS in the near future... no timeline yet"....

Most of you may already know this, but just incase i thought id tell you... IF they did do this, obviously it would make loads of the css servers full again, while even though its still a very popular game, i can tell not as many people are playing it as back in 2005 and such... They better do this!!!

I'm sure any CSS updates will be welcomed with open and gracious arms by the CSS community.

I, for one, think it's great that Valve are willing to spend the time updating their old games. Although I wouldn't necessarily expect it any time soon - Valve's ambition on such things isn't matched by how much work they can get done in a year (that's not a slight on how much work Valve does in a year).

That's been known for a while now. Valve are going to move CS:S to the new source engine and add achievements, death cams etc. Although with L4D coming out now, don't expect that update anytime soon, even TF2 updates have been put on the shelve till next year.

we have know this for over a year, same with the past hl2 and ep1 games.

it will happen eventually.....

I hope this will get the CSS community back to full strength. What I mean is all we have now is surf maps and dust (then again there will always be dust). Back in the day there was quite a few good servers and this update should bring back a few old players. I hope this will bring about good things.

A new map would be nice too , though I don't see that happening.

I saw 'counterstrike : online' on youtube recently and it looked pretty damn sexy and like 10x better than CSS now, then it said something like: "out 2006" and i was like ' ... wait what?' then it shows some crappy ass CS graphics BUT many more choices in the way of player model and weapons.

I saw 'counterstrike : online' on youtube recently and it looked pretty damn sexy and like 10x better than CSS now, then it said something like: "out 2006" and i was like ' ... wait what?' then it shows some crappy ass CS graphics BUT many more choices in the way of player model and weapons.

Counter-strike online is a game for the korean game market... And no, its not sexy and css is still the most up-to-date counterstrike... Im guessing you saw the intro scene which is just a prerendered cut-scene that does look pretty cool... the actual game is made using the half life 1 engine...

Back