Valve Will Attend GDC 2015 in March

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
valve_gdc2015-png.25003

Update 4:

The Physics for Game Programmers session has been broken up for each presenter...

Physics for Game Programmers : Robust Contact Creation for Physics Simulation with Dirk Gregorius

Physics for Game Programmers : Physics Optimization Strategies with Sergiy Migdalskiy

Update 3:

Another GDC 2015 session with Valve:

glNext: The Future of High Performance Graphics (Presented by Valve) with Pierre-Loup Griffais and John McDonald

Update 2:

Another session with Valve has been scheduled. Advanced VR Rendering with Alex Vlachos.

Recall that last year Gabe Newell said that Alex was responsible for the VR work going into Source 2.

Update 1:

One session with Valve has been scheduled so far. Physics for Game Programmers with Sergiy Migdalskiy and Dirk Gregorius.

Same session title and Valve'ers as last year http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1020062/Physics-for-Game-Programmers

Original Story:

Speaking with TechRadar, Valve's Doug Lombardi confirmed that they won't be going to the Consumer Electronics Show 2015. Instead, they're going to have a "large Steam Machine presence" at the Game Developers Conference 2015.

We can expect to see Valve's final design of the Steam Controller (if their release window prediction of 2015 is holding), as well as the rest of the Steam Universe suite of hardware and software - the SteamOS and the Steam Machine.

Revealed on the official GDC 2015 website are Valve's showroom booth arrangements. Situated in the main hall, they will have two 20' by 60' booths, both side-by-side, with room numbers 1902 and 2002.

valve_gdc2015_booths-jpg.25005

But what's different this year than the last few years is that, at least for now, Valve is not listed as having any speakers or sessions on their behalf. For example, last year they held at least three sessions, with topics covering physics and in-game economies.

Just yesterday we found out that Dota 2 will be getting a major engine update in the first-half of 2015. GDC would be a great place to hold a session about tool creation or user-generated content, based on said update. And since it doesn't look likely that Valve is going to hold a SteamDevDays event in 2015, GDC would be a great place for any kind of informational sessions.

The Game Developers Conference 2015 will be held in San Francisco on March 2-6. As always, stay tuned to ValveTime in March for the best news coverage of the event.

Attachments

• valve_gdc2015.png
    valve_gdc2015.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 15,296
  • valve_gdc2015_booths.jpg
    valve_gdc2015_booths.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 15,855
Last edited:
Can't wait to see more of the Steam Controller.

Speaking of events, are the Steam Dev Days going to happen again this year?

It doesn't look like it. In October of 2013, Valve were open for registrations for DevDays 2014.

I think we all know what that emergency exit aisle is for.

I'll take credit for setting that up.

I'll take credit for setting that up.

ok I'll add credits underneath the picture later should I put you and your chin separately or as one person?

Last edited:
Back