ValveTime.net - Now More Mobile Friendly!

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have just launched some improvements to the style and design here at ValveTime.net. For the most part, it will look identical to what we've always had but there have been some behind the scenes changes.

These behind the scenes changes have enabled us to launch a mobile friendly design to ValveTime.net. Pages viewed on mobiles and tablets now automatically scale down and collapse or remove certain site features more suitable for smaller screens.

This is known as being a responsive design rather than being a separate mobile site. You can even test this by simply resizing your browser window.

Check it out, we'd love to hear what you think.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Russ who kindly spent a lot of time helping us to implement the new responsive design. You can check out Russ' website right here: http://gamerexit.com/

Well, the new post icons are bloody small and kind of hard to click.

Talking about the valve icons which have almost disappeared?

Yes that seems like a bug. Thanks.

image.jpg

Had to update my CSS modifications. The hell is #headerproxy

Had to update my CSS modifications. The hell is #headerproxy
Yeah that's expected.

The CSS classes have been reverted to what they should be in a stock XenForo install to ensure future upgrades are more straight forward.

#headerproxy is the ID of the div containing the logo block, navigation tabs and links.

Just need a way to get back to the normal site, since I get the mobile version on my ipad aswell

Just need a way to get back to the normal site, since I get the mobile version on my ipad aswell
There is no "normal site".

This is a responsive design so the same design you see on desktop is the same you see on a smaller screen but it scales down, removes some elements etc.

So there is no way to get around that.

What about the style don't you like on iPad vs the desktop?

looks great, the only problem is the website icon still doesn't show in IE.

There is no "normal site".

This is a responsive design so the same design you see on desktop is the same you see on a smaller screen but it scales down, removes some elements etc.

So there is no way to get around that.

What about the style don't you like on iPad vs the desktop?

I don't know, I just don't like minimalistic design on my iPad. I have loads of screenspace which I don't get to fully take advantage of. Don't get me wrong, I love it on my iPhone.

I don't know, I just don't like minimalistic design on my iPad. I have loads of screenspace which I don't get to fully take advantage of. Don't get me wrong, I love it on my iPhone.
Would you mind doing Home + Standby key press and grabbing a screenshot?

On iOS 6+ you should be able to upload direct from the iPad.

Back