Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines - On Steam!

Was it the 5.2 version? I believe thats the latest one.

EDIT: Are you sure the steam version is patched?

This is the official release of the v1.2 Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines patch by Activision.

This patch will update Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines to version 1.2. The patch addresses a number of known issues, including fixes for the Society of Leopold quest, keys and keycards disappearing, the use of Protean (Level 5) and Fortitude at the same time, and various other gameplay updates.

Hmm, it may have been the 5.1 version...

Evidently the patch Activision released doesn't work to well.

Yeah, thats the one I used.

Did you guys DL yours Via Steam as well? I might send support an email.

They wont help you. Its not their game. They'll probably just say "Make sure you get all the patches and update your drivers, now! And dont forget to wash behind your ears!"

Mine was the disk version. I got it on the day it came out. And trust me when I say you should be thankful for how buggy your game is.

After finishing this game, is there any good mods for it? Perhaps one that makes the guns actually useful?

If you have been using the unofficial patch there are two options while installing and one of them makes larger changes to the game including making guns more powerful. Or so I've been told.

Neat going to install this and try and finally beat the game..

The game would easily rank as number 2 on my list (after all the Valve Games ahead of it) if it 1. Had better mechanics with firearms 2. Didn't have so many serious bugs 3. Allowed for more character customization.

Other than that it is a very fun game, I plan to play as Nosfuratu next time to get a unique experience. I hear the pen and paper mod is popular, but I cannot find anything about it. Anyone know?

Am I right in assuming that-

Caine was the cab driver?

If you have been using the unofficial patch there are two options while installing and one of them makes larger changes to the game including making guns more powerful. Or so I've been told.

Hmm, Interesting, I'll look into it. I also wouldn't mind a feature that allows more character customization :p

It's a pretty cool game, but it's unbalanced as hell. Last time I spent all my experience points on speech. You're forced to fight during last parts (also Chinese girl is a pain in the ass to kill). Taxi driver might be Caine, or not.

Thread resurrection!

The summer deal was enough to tempt me. It's just the unoffical 5.2 patch I need and then good to go?

You need whatever the latest community patch is for sure. You can also mod it if you want, like if you want guns to do more damage or whatever (because they are weak in vanilla)

====> http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php

This is the unofficial patch I used to get it to work, if anyone gets it this time around. I can confirm that it works with the Steam version of the game, as you simply point it at the App directory & it installs all the necessary files.
No quest changes, but a -few- bugs remain (elevators not working, easily fixed by turning off clipping and bringing them back down yourself).

Weird, I used Wesp's UOP when I played it through two years ago and I don't recall having any troubles with elevators.

Thread resurrection!

The summer deal was enough to tempt me. It's just the unoffical 5.2 patch I need and then good to go?

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the unofficial patch 5.2 a pretty old version? I think it's up to something like 7.6 now, so you might want to make sure you have the latest version. But yeah, the unofficial patch is all I used for my first playthrough and everything seemed to work great. No complaints with that patch.

I'm on the fence about buying this. I love the Deus Ex style of gameplay, but I dont know if I like the setting all that much (never been a fan of vampires).

The World of Darkness setting isn't your typical vampire setting, and it has a lot more going for it than just being vampires. I was never a big fan of vampires either, but the World of Darkness setting is actually interesting to me, and is pretty much the only vampire scene I'd consider good.

You can read up about the overall setting here, but just know that obviously some of it doesn't apply, since they cut some of it out to make it feasable in a video game, and theres actually a few different settings within the World of Darkness blanket.

Malkavian for life, represent - YUH

...the voices..er.. voice told me to say tha

nevermind, it's all inconsequential :) :) :)

Malkavians are occasionally funny, but hardly the most enjoyable class to play. Malkavians are good for a second playthrough when you want weirder dialogue options.

Weird, I used Wesp's UOP when I played it through two years ago and I don't recall having any troubles with elevators.

IIRC, the downtown safehouse building (that you get if you're in good standing with LaCroix) was the one with elevator troubles - nothing a /noclip didn't fix, though.

IIRC, the downtown safehouse building (that you get if you're in good standing with LaCroix) was the one with elevator troubles - nothing a /noclip didn't fix, though.
Oh, I didn't use that safehouse.

By the way, wasn't there some World of Darkness MMO announced like a few years ago? Whatever happened with that?

CCP are still working on it ^
Their latest EVE patch, "Incarna" brought in the engine they're going to re-use in WoDO.

Sort of a noob question, but is VtmB set in the Old World of Darkness, or the New World of Darkness? I could never quite figure it out since this game is my only real experience with the setting.

So I bought this game. First impressions... this game is awfully unpolished. The combat is also terrible, worse than that of Deus Ex. Voice acting has been very good so far though, and the lore/story so far is interesting.

Only played for 90 minutes, but I like it enough to continue.

EDIT: This game takes place in the Old World of Darkness, MultiVac

Back