Virus in server

bbson john

Tank
Reaction score
Have anyone ever entered a L4D server with virus installed.

I have AVG installed in my computer. On some occasion, I stumble into some servers that trigger AVG virus alert. The warning said there is some sort of "Luck Exploit Pack" l4d.exe. Is it virus or what?

dunno, sounds dodgy.

it may just be a different virus on your computer.

or maybe AVG is being a fucker

Yeah, don't use AVG. Last week it scanned my PC, found about a hundred viruses - I noticed that some seemed to be vital Windows processes, and thought that AVG would remove the VIRUS instead of the FILE. I lost explorer.exe, regedit, and plenty of other things; had to reinstall XP.

For those with an attention span shorter than their genitals, here's the short:
DON'T USE AVG.

Yeah, don't use AVG. Last week it scanned my PC, found about a hundred viruses - I noticed that some seemed to be vital Windows processes, and thought that AVG would remove the VIRUS instead of the FILE. I lost explorer.exe, regedit, and plenty of other things; had to reinstall XP.

For those with an attention span shorter than their genitals, here's the short:
DON'T USE AVG.

That's funny, past 3+ years, and weekly scans......I've never really had an issue. I'm sure there are thousands of other people with the same experience.

Didn't L4D used to inspire false positives in ZoneAlarm?

The warning only shows up when I join a few particular servers. L4D itself did not trigger the alarm.

That's funny, past 3+ years, and weekly scans......I've never really had an issue. I'm sure there are thousands of other people with the same experience.
Same

Back