Voice

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Got my Voice sorted out, well at least I think I have :O

Anyone else used the Voice ingame yet?

I've been using it. most people don't respond to me though. Only Brick, Digi, and Dek do.

:O

Will have to use it when play with you lot :D

Question - can both teams hear people using voice chat or just your own team?

:O

Will have to use it when play with you lot :D

Question - can both teams hear people using voice chat or just your own team?

Now that's a good question. When I'm blue *at least I think I'm blue...* I see red peoples names appear on the side.

What would be sweet if they included where if you were disguised as the enemy team as a spy, you could talk to that team. Kind of like stealing their plans and such.

You can only hear voice from your own team. Voice is pretty critical in this game for teamwork, but so far I haven't found more than two people on a team using voice.

Pitzy - don't think I have you on Steam as a friend :O

evo_hl2net

;)

I've been using it, but I don't think anyone has ever responded... Not sure if it works quite right or is team-only. It'd be amazingly helpful if more used it though.

Pitzy - don't think I have you on Steam as a friend :O

evo_hl2net

;)

I'm at work, add me up. Go to the hl2.net community page and add me through there. ;) We'll TF2 this shit up tonight, right?

Voice works fine, it's just that the default server config has sv_alltalk set to 1. This makes everyone hear your voice, even the enemy team so using it in any meaningful matter is pointless unless the server admin is paying attention and sets it to 0. Most admins just started the server and didn't look back or turned it completely off (which is sad).

Rather silly mistake and afaik it happened more often with server releases from valve.

Got my Voice sorted out, well at least I think I have :O

Anyone else used the Voice ingame yet?

were you having issues with your mic because apparently my voice is raspy and very low volume in-game
and yet ive tested it in windows (works) and tried tweaking the settings but nothing helps
any suggestions?

were you having issues with your mic because apparently my voice is raspy and very low volume in-game
and yet ive tested it in windows (works) and tried tweaking the settings but nothing helps
any suggestions?

Well i had different settings for different things with my Creative Control Panel thing, but ajusted some and all good:D

Back