W. T. F. (Fileplanet)

ok, so valve is 1 for 2 in there release dates, this just confirms that the emails sent to me and posted by me are not lies made by ME for anyone who thinks its just bollocks

Why is everyone freaking out. Jhero is right, nothing has changed, we don't have to pay for anything. That's just to be a fileplanet subscriber to download a program we already have!

Originally posted by Gojin
Why is everyone freaking out. Jhero is right, nothing has changed, we don't have to pay for anything. That's just to be a fileplanet subscriber to download a program we already have!

We dont have the offical steam which is yet to be released, we have an illegal beta which for some reason they seem to be letting us use.

If they are expecting us to pay for Steam 2.0 final, thats just ludicras, but not suprising

SD

You have to be a subscriber to get access to the download.
What i'm saying is that subscribers from fileplanet get to download steam before us and possibly new media :(

(BTW 5 posts in 30 sec on this thread)

Oh my God you guys are going though the same thing the Steam community went through in January. You have to pay for NOTHING! Only if you want to buy HL2 over steam. You dont have to pay to use Steam. Your steam is in Beta which they let you use, like SD1 said, but the don't expect us to pay for Steam 2.0 final release.

If nothing much has changed, you cant even call this a release worth taking notice of. I cant believe they got us worked up about something most of us already have.

Am i missing something? Is there anything new in steam? Is there a new version out today that we cant have unless already subscribed to FP.

Originally posted by SD1
we have an illegal beta which for some reason they seem to be letting us use.

SD

this way we are like bug finders A.K.A. scanners...(HL2 terminoligy)

This is just speculation.
Though i've seen it done many times in the past.

Originally posted by BWMASTER
You have to be a subscriber to get access to the download.
What i'm saying is that subscribers from fileplanet get to download steam before us and possibly new media :(

(BTW 5 posts in 30 sec on this thread)

so?

they got the original videos before us aswell...don't see the big deal.

although I would be seriously pissed if I was one of the people subscribing purely to get HL2 vids. pwned! lol

Originally posted by Gojin
Oh my God you guys are going though the same thing the Steam community went through in January. You have to pay for NOTHING! Only if you want to buy HL2 over steam. You dont have to pay to use Steam. Your steam is in Beta which they let you use, like SD1 said, but the don't expect us to pay for Steam 2.0 final release.

To download steam from fileplanet u need to be a subscriber, this means you have to pay (i dont know, maybe this is difficult for u to understand??)

We only know of steam 2 being released over fileplanet meaning we will have to pay to get it. Not directly to value (dumbass) but to fileplanet for the download link

SD

oh my god, nonononono! BWMaster, stop. Your confusing everyone. You don't have to pay for steam. THey are downloading the Steam beta. this isn't speculation, it's been news in the Steam community since January.

Edit: FILEPLANET IS OFFERING THE STEAM BETA! WHAT WE HAVE GRumble grumble grumble! *is angry*

Just finished installing aaannnndddd ... it's exactley the same as the steam I uninstalled and deleted just moments prior, what a rip!

-Kornflake™

Originally posted by Kornflake™
Just finished installing aaannnndddd ... it's exactley the same as the steam I uninstalled and deleted just moments prior, what a rip!

-Kornflake™

loldude...where you even listening to Gojin?

So they exclusive part is a load of bollox then?

basicly is, marketing scheme for fileplanet

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE
loldude...where you even listening to Gojin?

Yep, but I already have a FP subscription (which I won't be renewing :x)

So I thought I'd just DL it anyways (to be sure ya know?) hell the whole process only took 30 secs!

-Kornflake™

I am saying that mabye this is a newer build that allows you to download HL2 movies automatically. Like it shows on the steam game list something like "HL2 Media".

We all will get the media eventually but i'm just pointing out that fileplanet subscribers get it first.

This always annoyed me in certain situations.

No they don't stop saying that. They get nothing before us.

Edit: They are just getting the same prog we have, so if we have Steam beta, and they have Steam beta, and Erik is releasing the vids OVER steam beta, anyone who has steam beta (which a lot of us have already) will get the download first.

**** what is wrong with peeps???

no it's exclusive...it's an opportunity by to try out the beta steam before anyone else that Fileplanet is offering to their subscribers only!

just like when they offer beta admittance to MMORPGs for their subscribers only....it's pretty fair....if you're a paying customer you'll get a chance at the beta steam before anyone else.

when Steam is out of the beta it will be free and you'll have to pay for the games only.

Not even that Prince, they have the same Steam as we have. Crazy, I know. Yet they make money off of this.

GOJIN you were not supposed to have that....this is for people who want to have it in legal ways...

to put it in anology that people here might understand...what you're saying is like...

you steal something from a supermarked and afterwards starts bitching about other customers having to pay for what you just TOOK...and blaming the supermarked for trying to rip people off....you're the one ripping people off...

what I was saying is that I Support Fileplanet in their policy....

What is happenning is that the Fileplanet subscribers are essentially getting a few games (which I'm assuming everyone here likely has) for free.
They aren't getting new Steam, and they aren't paying for anything above what they normally do for the fileplanet service.
And almost everything on Fileplanet is available fully to the public except for exclusives such as these, so we'll never HAVE to pay for anything.

**** what is wrong with peeps???

no it's exclusive...it's an opportunity by to try out the beta steam before anyone else that Fileplanet is offering to their subscribers only!

just like when they offer beta admittance to MMORPGs for their subscribers only....it's pretty fair....if you're a paying customer you'll get a chance at the beta steam before anyone else.

when Steam is out of the beta it will be free and you'll have to pay for the games only.

How is it exclusive if most of us have had it for donkeys. We conenct to the same servers, get the same updates. Its the same program.

Exclusive my arse.

Actually since I just talked to Erik and he didn't want to prosecute me or press charges, and they host a forum on it with people reporting bugs, they don't mind. yeah this contradicts my post about them not having DL links. I know we aren't supposed to have it, but they unofficially endorse the use of it.

if it aint for peole who had the early beta then bugs could not have been fixed as easy as now...

Its got to be in some way official. I mean you have to sign up for it - have a username and password. They are the ones who accept our logins.

they accept it because it helps them fix bugs!

GOJIN you were not supposed to have that....this is for people who want to have it in legal ways...

well it's on fileshack if you have a mercury account, thats where i got mine, and its also on gamershell.com, dont you think it it wasnt a legal way valve would make them take it down?

Originally posted by Xtasy0
well it's on fileshack if you have a mercury account, thats where i got mine, and its also on gamershell.com, dont you think it it wasnt a legal way valve would make them take it down?

those aren't different from the fileplanet then...since you have to pay for it.

just because Valve doesn't press charges doesn't mean you weren't supposed to have it(which you were not! hence the name "leaked")

the reason why they don't do anything is that it would be near impossible and also too much effort...and now that they prolly have the steam servers running better than in the beginning the can use the bug reports....do note that I highly doubt that Valve has been pleased with beta-leak right from the start...do remember that the massive amount of people who got hold of steam(when they shouldn't) caused an imense overload on their servers...making them stop further beta-tester requests(for the people who rightfully should have been allowed to do the testing...based on the first to the table-lucky punk policy) it also hindered people who was allowed to use Steam(including gaming sites who was supposed to review and promote steam) to be unable to connect because of the overload...

I doubt Valved Welcomed the leaked-Steam as much as they simply couldn't be bothered to take legal action...and now they'll prolly just trying to make the best of assholes like you.(sry for being harsh...but I donnot support leaked software)

those aren't different from the fileplanet then...since you have to pay for it.

just because Valve doesn't press charges doesn't mean you weren't supposed to have it(which you were not! hence the name "leaked")

the reason why they don't do anything is that it would be near impossible and also too much effort...and now that they prolly have the steam servers running better than in the beginning the can use the bug reports....do note that I highly doubt that Valve has been pleased with beta-leak right from the start...do remember that the massive amount of people who got hold of steam(when they shouldn't) caused an imense overload on their servers...making them stop further beta-tester requests(for the people who rightfully should have been allowed to do the testing...based on the first to the table-lucky punk policy) it also hindered people who was allowed to use Steam(including gaming sites who was supposed to review and promote steam) to be unable to connect because of the overload...

I doubt Valved Welcomed the leaked-Steam as much as they simply couldn't be bothered to take legal action...and now they'll prolly just trying to make the best of assholes like you.(sry for being harsh...but I donnot support leaked software)

i have no idea about this "leak" fileshack had steam quite awhile ago for paying subscribers.

gamershell is free, they have the linux 2.0 client and the windows 2.0 client, im sure if valve asked them to remove it they would, no need to press charges, just ask them nicely to remove it.

and as i said i have a pay account on fileshack, and they legitamately have steam, they have banners all over saying if you join mercury you get to play CS 1.6 beta via steam.

[edit]

here is the promo image from fileshack http://www.fileshack.com/images/promo/promo_cs16_home.gif

notice how it says "in cooperation with valve software..."

**** sake some of you guys.....
A) Are Stupid
B) Cant Read
C) Are extremely stupid........

if you looked that steam oniked to the 2.0 BETA version.
you DONT have to pay for steam..... you will noly ahve to pay for retail games that you DL on it. why dont people ****ing look and read before making stupid posts and stupid comments.

Kam

Back