w00t! Strategy guide error!

Sean

Reaction score
On the first page of the CSS part, look at the image of the menu. Now peep the caption - oops! On the next page, you'll find that image's correct caption, but with the original caption's image.

I'm so proud of myself. :p

A better error: There's also HL2 multiplayer according to the strategy guide(No it's not refering to CS: Source).

That and they've forgotten internet connection required as a system spec.

FISKER_Q said:
A better error: There's also HL2 multiplayer according to the strategy guide(No it's not refering to CS: Source).

That and they've forgotten internet connection required as a system spec.
Or is it an error!!! Ah hell, lets not start this again, we'll find out in a day.

*Enters mind of n00b*

"OmGzzzZxx@!1oNw! HowZ d33d t3h StraTeggy d00dz g3t p4st t3h onL1n3 4ct1v@t1on!11".

*Exits*

what about the conflicting advice for italy:

-tip bottom of 308 "isnt a good spot for terrorists"

-camping spots c1 page 306 "excellent position for terrorists"

this one is extremely interesting though...

page 299 C7 - (of a camping spot) "it's not a good idea to use it with your peers, however it can still surprise the bots in singleplayer games"
...interesting :D

multiplayer in HL2 except for CS:S... how is it possible to make that mistake? if they wrote it, they either really meant cs: source, but you didn't get it, or there really is a HL2 multiplayer :p

maybe it's unlocked after you finish HL2??? :eek:

Brian Damage said:
Maybe the guide is actually slightly out of date?
Yeah I was about to say there probly was a HL2 DM when they made that part of the guide, but it might have goten scratched from the game later.

Brian Damage said:
Maybe the guide is actually slightly out of date?

Most likely as there WAS going to be a multiplayer.

I'd imagine tracking the movement of manipulated objects rather server-packet intensive so maybe the scrapped the idea?! who knows.

MoFo said:
multiplayer in HL2 except for CS:S... how is it possible to make that mistake? if they wrote it, they either really meant cs: source, but you didn't get it, or there really is a HL2 multiplayer :p

Lol that would be cool and dumb at the same time.

MoFo said:

This is a Prima guide. Expect to find many more instances of inaccuracies and bullshit.

FISKER_Q said:

my best guess is this: when you walk into a physic object in cssource, you get bounced back (this is because there is a field around every object, if that field wasn't there, the servers would LAG alot, and you would walk through the objects. So they made that field around it, and now people get puched back when they bump into it, instead of walking through them. This is something that imHo will not be fixed anytime soon. Now as Gabe said, he played the HL2MP every day on lan inside the Valve offices with co-workers, and they loved it. My best guess is it was HL2DM or TF2, and on LAN servers the field around the physic objects is enabled, so therefor they could play it nicely, but when they started testing the online play (before the release of cs:s) they saw that the physics didn't do the game any good at all, and this is why i think there is no more HL2MP, and why they did remake cs:source with that huge bug in it, i don't know (my guess is $$$ :p). What trouble's me the most is that all the MOD teams out there will have great problems with this physics bug, and therefor their mod will not work properly.
This is just me speculating, but thats how i feel about it

simon said:
What trouble's me the most is that all the MOD teams out there will have great problems with this physics bug, and therefor their mod will not work properly.
This is just me speculating, but thats how i feel about it
Yeah man, this is exactly what I am afraid of, if Valve cant make physics work online, how the hell would modders be able to? Any hl2 worthy dm mods (with manipulator) are not very likely to be released soon. :|

well if they did scratch half life 2's multiplayer, prima would've gotten rid of that from their strat guides.....they are professionals you know, they wouldn't miss getting rid of something like that

They probably cut HL2DM in order to slim the project without compromising on the single player game. My guess would be that VALVe will release something a la DMC when they have more spare time.

Back