wasup and hl story

P

Penfold

Hay everybody,

k i know im gonna sound like a complete n00b but im not *Honest* I started gaming about 3 years ago, i bought hl really just for TFC and CS, i did play the game but never completed it and thus i dont know the full story is there anywhere on the web that has the story or and some plz give me the "jist" of it.

thx

pen

Err, the story is fun to play through, and I doubt anywhere would spoil the story. Two tips:

1. No-one (whos worth anything) thinks being new is a bad thing
2. Don't use leet speak

;) sure you'll be fine

im sure it is fun to play through, but tbh i cba, im into ut2k3, bf1942, q3 at the moment. And the idea of completing the origanal HL just for the story, is bad.... I just want to know so i can play hl2 and not miss anything. What i have picked up is that at the end the G-man offers gordan a job, is there anything else i will need to know to make the best of HL2.

thx again
pen

Well, its a great game as well... Apparently you will be able to pick up HL2's story anyway, so don't worry too much ;)

The story was basically:

Gordon freeman started an explosion in the lab. The staff all escaped but, being crippled from birth with a terrible speech impediment gordon did not talk to anyone, just stared at them and contacted them telepathically. Gordon was so ashamed of starting this disaster that he went mad and started killing everyone, believing them to be monsters from old movies he watched as a kid.Part way along he was jumped by a copule of doctors and thrown into a mental home. Now this is where the plot starts properly, as gordon escaped and took revenge on the people who had locked him up, resulting in the military being sent in.He then takes a blow to the head and has a disturbing dream where he is attacked by a huge lump of playdow that he eats, before waking up in frot of an agent from the government who starts talking to him. Unfortunately we dont hear what he tells Gordon as gordon imagines something completely different due to his having a brain tumour that kills him part way through the speech. This may not be exactly acurate as ive not played it for a while, but i think most of its there.

The story (revised)

You are gordon freeman, while doing your job at the black mesa research center you and your fellow scientists accidetally open a doorway to an alien borderworld. Shortly everything goes to hell as you find yourself running around in your hazard suit trying to find a way out while aliens are trying to kill you. The the military gets involved but decides to eliminate the potential causes of the disaster/witnesses i.e you and all base personel. So you and your scientist and security guard buddies tend to get caught in the middle of all these aliens vs marines battles. Later the marines hightail it out of the facility (most of them) and you get to meet the black ops that are there to eliminate anyone in their way (including their fellow marines) Sometime later you get knocked out in the dark by marines who toss you in a garbage disposal that you later escape from upon regaining consciousness. Some stuff happens mostly involving fighting nasty monster things and headcrabs. You also had to take out a satelite that was going to blast the base from orbit with a huge huge rocket. Later you fight your way to this bunker complex where all your scientist buddies are hanging out. They open a doorway to xen, the alien borderworld where all the baddies are emenating from. You jump through the hole and manage to go over all these wierd floating rock thingies and tunnels full of red brown water while killing monsters. Eventually you find the big nasty thing that has been masterminding the whole alien invasion(at least thats what it seems like) and kill it. (it looked like a giant ugly baby with really big metal rods poking out of its ass) Anyway after killing it you teleport in front of the G-Man, this wierd dude that has been appearing at certain points in the game to stare at you. He talks some crap to you and eventually you teleport into one of those people movers that you originally used to ride to work in the beginning of the game. He gives you the option of working for him and teleporting to safety or not working for him and being teleported to certain death.

Since its halflife 2 the makers assume you chose to work for him

Back