Watch_dogs' New Trailer Reveals Release date

I wonder how well my laptop will run this game... might be time to buy a desktop.

I'll be preordering when it first shows up on Steam. Ubi Montreal is my favorite game development studio and this is their latest. I'm absolutely thrilled.

Please add the release date in plain text to your OP in addition to the embedded trailer. Thanks!

I havent been this excited for a game in a long time. This is an instant pre-order for me.

This game looks nowhere near as good as it did in early trailers. Fearing a Aliens Colonial Marines switcharoo here from looking at the comparisons on NeoGaf.

I was looking around and i found this video from GameSpot, The graphics *pukes in a corner*

I have been seeing screenshots form this video being compared to trailer footage from 2012. I don't get how so many people are falling for this troll. If you look at the gameplay in this video, you will notice that its being played on a playstation (the game prompting for playstation gamepad input) and the original 2012 gameplay was played on PC. There is obviously going to be a significant graphical difference between these two gameplay footages and should not be used to compare improvements or lack of.

Remember UBIsoft is known to use bull-shots for promotional screens, it was the same thing with FC3. Then again that's pretty much AAA games in general

I have been seeing screenshots form this video being compared to trailer footage from 2012. I don't get how so many people are falling for this troll. If you look at the gameplay in this video, you will notice that its being played on a playstation (the game prompting for playstation gamepad input) and the original 2012 gameplay was played on PC. There is obviously going to be a significant graphical difference between these two gameplay footages and should not be used to compare improvements or lack of.

I've seen quotes describing the trouble they had scaling the game down from the e3 demo that was running on some mental PC tech (mental as in no one realistically could run the game in that state on a home PC) and being unable to fit it on the next gen consoles. The games gone through some massive cut backs in terms of tech and features since it's early trailers. People need to be aware just how much development hell this game has been in.

From a certain dodgy Russian site, which has also been confirmed by a trusted ex Ubi employee regular on another dodgy site. It reads terribly but from what I can tell there is truth to it.

Mr.Deviance wrote:
I have a real life mate that works at this game and he told me that not even 100 more years of delays will be able to fix this game. He said it's broken beyond repairs and chopped to the point where some cutscenes refer to things that don't even exist in the game anymore...
I've had the chance to play a build of this game 1 year ago, that looked 10 times better than it does now believe it or not.
They had the game to the point where it looked and acted amazing and by amazing I mean much shittier than gta5 but 1000 times better than what it will come out today.
There was so much shit that you could do in the game that has been cut off to fit the memory of the "new gen" consoles.
They actually cut so much stuff from every corner, that at one point they realized they cut too much and had to start reintegrating shit back into the game under different forms, most of them very limited in detail.
1 month ago, the game was so incredibly ****ed up, cut and glued back together that ubisoft had to urgently hire a team of .plan assistants and perform some sort of documentation and archeology on the shit ubisoft had, just to be able to puzzle all the shit together without leaving out important things.
They invested over 20 million dollars in fixing bugs just in the last TWO MONTHS ALONE!
I can't provide any of my sources but whoever wants to take my word for it, can chose to do it, I have no interest in spreading rumors.
It's what I know from the inside through a direct real life friend that works there.

Mr.Deviance wrote:
The sad part is that in those comparisons between what is deemed to be target render / fake prerendered stuff and what is shown today, the prerendered stuff really was how the game looked in reality and I've seen it with my own eyes in real time.
They really did have a great game to begin with but it took 16gb of the fastest ddr3 memory to run it at 40-50 fps on pc and on xbox one it didn't even start for a long while...
They had to use huge ass xbox one dev kits to start it and debug it.
I don't know the story of the ps4 one but I do know that the Wii U has been put on ice because they had a unique build for that game and they required the help of the whole team on wii u to get the shit sorted out on PC, PS4 and XBONE.
The wii u, won't even have mp if I recall correctly.
Not sure if that was announced publicly.

This seems like one of those games where watching the trailer is a lot more fun than actually playing it

They invested over 20 million dollars in fixing bugs just in the last TWO MONTHS ALONE!
This is bullshit, and throws his whole statement into question.

man these bugs are just so expensive

Just thinking..... Think about how the Wii U version will look like. And tbh after watch the preview video 20 times the graphics look. alright.

Back