Weapon Ideas Thread

CLIKKY

Reaction score
Should get a new weapons idea thread running for future updates in hope that someones idea makes it into the game the like the soldiers equalizer, and that we too get a cool special version of the weapon. probably should focus on Engie weapon ideas as I don't think it is confirmed how long it will take for the next round of class updates to come around.

I know there where past weapon threads but I wasn't sure how old they where if there is a recentish one just delete the thread and thought people might have new fresh ideas after seeing weapons that did make it into the game.

also ill contribute later just didn't have enough time at the moment.

Demoman:

Some weapon based on the projectile's number of bounces. Like, you designate the number of bounces it takes before it blows up, so if you choose 8, it has to bounce 8 times and then it explodes.

Heres some of mine

Engie:
A teleporter that instead of transporting the player directly to the exit moves them to an area around the exit so they could end up in a high place useful for sentrys and it would make camping the exit harder.

instead of the pistol a placeable and movable turret similar to the turrets from half life2 that only does the damage a pistol does this would take a short time to place down but would be useful if there where lots of ways the enemy could come at you.

and also a slower swinging wrench that has a knock back effect useful for clearing spies away from your buildings so you can repair them.

Pyro
Fuel Gun
Replaces shotgun. Larger spread than normal shotgun. If someone who is on fire gets hit by the shotgun their burn time is increased by three seconds. Crits increase burn time by six seconds and can ignite enemies.
Flashbang
Replaces shotgun. Blinds any enemies caught in its radius (does not work by line of sight).

Medic
Doppelheiler
A medigun with two healing tubes. Left click for one, right click for the other. No ubercharge but does have a vitabar that goes up as you heal. The vitabar drains constantly. If the Doppleheiler is equiped and you are not healing anyone, the vitabar will heal you as it drains.

They should have a chainsaw gun. The gun part would be an Assault Rifle and the chainsaw part would be your melee weapon. The chainsaw would be a none stop melee weapon, you wold just hold down mouse 1 and the saw would be cutting constantly dealing a steady stream of damage.

So basically steal a gun from Gears of War that takes away all the skill (timing) of using melee weapons?

Demoman:

Some weapon based on the projectile's number of bounces. Like, you designate the number of bounces it takes before it blows up, so if you choose 8, it has to bounce 8 times and then it explodes.

Reading this gave me an almost unrelated idea.

Scout Weapon:

(It could replace the shotgun in a stronger version or the pistol in a weaker)

Richo-shot - A submachine gun (remember the nailgun?) that has bullets that bounch off of surfaces and continue their trajectory doing light damage... maybe on par with the sniper's machine gun. I don't think the projectiles would travel at near instant speed of current bullets, but could be useful for say... shooting around a corner at a sentry or jumping around a room filling it with bouncing bullets.

I also imagined them as something like nerf balls being larger. I figure going about the speed of the soldier's new rocket launcher would be acceptable.

Back