Weekend Deal: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines for $9.99

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>[br]

Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines is now available this weekend only for $9.99, that's 50% off the regular price.

Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines delivers a new type of RPG experience-one that blends all the core elements of a traditional RPG with the graphical richness, immediacy and brutal combat of a first-person action game. The game plunges players into the dark and gritty vampire underworld of modern-day L.A. as a creature of the night. Players will develop their character's powers, interact with other characters and embark on story-driven quests as they battle mortals and other vampires with an incredible array of vampire powers and weapons. Powered by Valve's Source Technology, the game is based on White Wolf's popular Vampire: The Masquerade pen-and-paper RPG series and its official clans.

I played this game and I think it's great though it's not bug-free, still it's worth playing. Click here for more info.

Never heard of it. Never even knew it was on Steam.

It came around the same time HL2 was released. It uses the Sources engine too.
Yes,it's a bit buggy but it's also a very underrated gem. Great storyline and very atmospheric. Even though the reviews were favorable,it barely sold any copies.
It's a real shame that the developers bankrupted cause of it.

I've got a retail (non-Steam) copy but it won't run on my computer.
Doesn't look too bad though.

Just bought it. Damn impulse buys--I can't actually play it on my laptop (not good enough), so I have to wait 'till I get home, which won't be for a good week or longer.

Looks like an excellent gem though.

I got this last Halloween for the same deal lol.

I already own it. Its a steal for ten bucks. I recommend it to anyone. Just make sure you get the community patches before playing. The game has a lot of bugs, but a majority of them were fixed by the fans.

It's a good game, for $10 it's highly recommended. Just download the community patch before playing.

Nice, been meaning to grab this. Do the community patches work okay with the Steam version?

I think so. There are plenty of threads concerning these patches on steampowered.com

Really good deal, good game. Yes, the community patches work with Steam.

It's lame that Troika had to release it in the state they did. It literally sat around for a month before its release (because it couldn't be released before HL2) with no one working on it, because they ran out of money. It's actually uplifting how the community took the game under its wing to fix the bugs and keep it from being forgotten.

That said, FYI, it's generally a good idea for your first playthrough not to be as a Malkavian or Nosferatu. Malkavian is a treat to come back to, though.

When this came out I liked this a little better than HL2 despite it's flaws. The game came apart especially near the ending though. But I recommend this for everyone.

Its a great game, theres also an unofficial patch for it which fixes a lot of the bugs and re-adds some content. Definitely worth $10.

Really good deal, good game. Yes, the community patches work with Steam.

It's lame that Troika had to release it in the state they did. It literally sat around for a month before its release (because it couldn't be released before HL2) with no one working on it, because they ran out of money. It's actually uplifting how the community took the game under its wing to fix the bugs and keep it from being forgotten.

That said, FYI, it's generally a good idea for your first playthrough not to be as a Malkavian or Nosferatu. Malkavian is a treat to come back to, though.

Playing as a Malk is amazing and even more so if you know the story behind the game (the Role Playing Game Vampire: The Masquerade).

Had a lot of fun playing this game back when it was released :)

Nice, been meaning to grab this. Do the community patches work okay with the Steam version?

Yes, the community patches work fine with the Steam version. This is an amazing game, but you really need to install the unofficial patch before playing!

It literally sat around for a month before its release (because it couldn't be released before HL2)
VtM: Bloodlines = October 4, 2004
Half-Life 2 = November 16, 2004

:dozey:

It was ready well before then but due to their contract with Valve they were unable to release it until Valve's Source Engine (aka HL2) was released.

Does anyone know if Vampire-The Masquerade: Redemption is any good?

Great game...extremely underrated. Well worth the $10

There were a lot of bugs but thanks to those community patches, the game is quite playable now.

Would love for them to make another one, but, alas, probably never going to happen.

IIRC it was leaked before the release.

The Oceanside Hotel is reason enough alone to get this game, imo.

...or Jeanette. :naughty:

Yes, it was leaked "before the release".

This is really a fun little game this one, kind of makes up for my dissapointment in Fallout 3.

What's your source on that? Wikipedia and PlanetVampire both say it was released on November 16th 2004.

That's right. Like I said, they couldn't release it before HL2. Vampire sat around for a month before it could be released the same day as HL2. I don't know where he got the Oct. 4th date.

Is the gameplay similar?

Not really. Bloodlines is a directly-control-one-character style RPG, and Redemption is a give-your-party-commands style RPG.

Back