Weekly Steam News (20/05/05)

Reaction score
Valve released their weekly update last night, which details a thing or two about Valve's involvement at this year's E3.
We are pretty caught up with E3 (the Electronic Entertainment Expo) again this year. Half-Life 2 Xbox is playable on the show floor, and lots of people are trying their hand at the Gravity Gun. We can't wait to get the game into the hands of Xbox owners.<p>Our HDR (High Dynamic Range lighting) demonstration of HL2's Lost Coast is also on display. This soon-to-be-released area of Half-Life 2 introduces a new character, whom we first mentioned (in the form of a concept sketch) here.
They also included a screenshot of The Loast Coast, as well as a picture from E3 of "the lovely and talented Robin Walker, Valve game designer and developer, showing off The Lost Coast at E3":[br]

[br]To view the update yourself, simply restart your Steam client.

The aliasing looks messed up on that pic, cant quite tell why, though.

I don't care about the shots.

I want that dudes T-Shirt.

Venmoch said:
I don't care about the shots.

I want that dudes T-Shirt.

Seen this:

"Valve will only ship Merchandise to addresses in the United States."

Im having a weird feeling that the fisherman is going to be my favorite HL character. ;)

Funny how you can read all the fisherman has to say from the .gcf files :p

French Ninja said:
Im having a weird feeling that the fisherman is going to be my favorite HL character. ;)
yeah, he looks like he'll be crazy like grigory.

Computer5k said:
It's captured from that TV. Presumably it's not HD.

It almost looks like the pic has been resized to be smaller.

Regardless though, that screen looks sweet.

bigdeezy23 said:
You mean resized to be bigger
No... Resized bigger would mean that the pixels would be bigger... In this shot, every pixel is small. When you size something down, pixels have to be removed. Thus giving an alaised look.

Think man, think!

I thought the graphics in that shot looked spectacular! I mean, look at the detail in his face, and the exorbitant polycount on the hat!

Man, I'd kill for an Alienware right about now...

Heh, what are you guys talking about? This is probably the best HL2 shot ever!

Holy shit the detail on that guys face! Does the shirt come in black? I hate red.

Glo-Boy said:
Why would they release such an awful screenshot?

Because you touch yourself.

what is that red think in the bottom of the picture? looks like the fisherman is holding it. new weapon mabe?

Nubzcore said:
what is that red think in the bottom of the picture? looks like the fisherman is holding it. new weapon mabe?

It's a spear/harpoon.

the rocks in the foreground look really real, the 2 tones for the 2 different types of rock, the wet looking one is especially well done.

Back