Weekly Steam News (21/10/2005)

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The weekly Steam news update hasn't been released, however I just tried to type the URL of it and it does currently exist, so I thought I'd post it early!
This week we'd like to draw your attention to the work going on at Black Widow Games, a long time Half-Life MOD team. They've just annouced "They Hunger: Lost Souls" a Source-based follow up to their "They Hunger" series of games. Head on over to their site to get a look at what they've done so far.[br]Our current plan is to release Half-Life 2: Lost Coast next week. Lost Coast is a free level for everyone who owns Half-Life 2, and serves as an HDR technology demo based in an unreleased section of the "Highway 17" chapter of Half-Life 2.[br]After Lost Coast is released, we'll be working on getting some new content for both Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source, along with an update to the SDK, out the door. More info coming on that next week.
I'd like to say restart your Steam client to see the update, but like I say, it hasn't been released yet, so just click here.

Cheers Chris. Any word from Doug on Aftermath? It's hard to be too excited about Lost Coast truth be told, given it's length and place in the Half-Life saga. Aftermath is the only product of Valve's efforts on most people's minds, I'd imagine.

So who was in the betting mood about TLC not coming out at the end of this month?

Holy crap, SDK update! *waits for ZM's code to get f***ed over*

-Angry Lawyer

^Ben said:
Someone was going to eat their hat.

Yes I demand that person to eat their hat and video tape while doing so. If not I think that person should be banned off this forum.

russ_uk said:
that was me lol , but i will only believe this when i see it :rolling:
index.jpg

Here's your breakfast :p

I like it how Chris manages to always get the steam updates before they come out.
*Thanks*

Another 15min of the Half Life Saga, can't wait!

Well, here's to hoping that their "plan" pans out.

Shame that noones mentioned They Hunger...That game rocked! I am dissapointed to see that they are using a lot of HL2 models , just Slightly modified. Oh well, Should be great!

nice very I hope its not bigger then 100mb.......I have a modem you know :(

DiSTuRbEd said:
So who was in the betting mood about TLC not coming out at the end of this month?

Lol screw it I'll take that bet, just to keep the cosmos aligned. TLC will NOT come out next week.:dozey:

DiSTuRbEd said:
Internet connection (broadband connection recommended)

Quit compaling!

they dont have it here ,I would have gotten the second I put my foot on US soil
Im gonna get cable in December thoe :D

W00t, 15 minutes of of more Half-Life with teh "1337" HDR, love the HDR i DOD:S, i'd imagine the HDR in lost coast would be slightly better ??

Woohoo! \o/ Neil Manke's They Hunger series was one of my favourite HL1 mods, let's hope the Source version is even better :>

Chris any word on Aftermath, since I found out the length of LC its not as exciting now, especially since my poor PC sometimes struggles with HL2 never mind LC.

More DoD:S content! w00t.

Why does CS:S need more content anyway? They have tonnes of custom maps and already alot of official. DoD:S content first please VALVe :)

TLC, good I guess. Not been keeping track of it, but it will be nice to return to HL2, even for twenty minutes :)

Apostle11 said:
More DoD:S content! w00t.

Why does CS:S need more content anyway? They have tonnes of custom maps and already alot of official. DoD:S content first please VALVe :)

TLC, good I guess. Not been keeping track of it, but it will be nice to return to HL2, even for twenty minutes :)

cs:s desperately needs more playermodels.

.bog.

werent they going to release some? there was an update about a litte while ago I think

Back