Well now this is interesting... (One for the Brits)

el Chi

Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4037375.stm
Calls to impeach Blair. I seriously doubt it would get anywhere whatsoever (it's coming from a few random nut-job parties - Plaid Cymru, Scottish Nationalists, Conservatives) but it's certainly interesting. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this - I think Bush should have been impeached a long time ago, but I never considered Blair.

(it's coming from a few random nut-job parties - Plaid Cymru, Scottish Nationalists, Conservatives)

LOL

I resent that im an avid conservative, but still funny.

Nah, I don't think he should be impeached, but the war was a bit of a cock up. He has been cleared by several enquiries of any mis-conduct.

lmao, that is just utter bullshit.

Really, I don't have other words to describe it.

You throw dictators out of office or people who are inept at their job. Stuff like that... He is neither....

Bah, Tony Blair gets a really harsh time in my opinion.

Apart from a fondness for following Bush, Tony Blair isn't doing too badly. I've disagreed with him a bit lately, but he's much better than what the Conservatives have to offer.

You're not wrong. I love Private Eye's on-going insinuation that Michael Howard is a vampire :)
Even so, I may very well vote Lib Dem come 5th May next year.

he should have been impeached when he falsely claimed saddam could launch missles on london in 45 minutes

CptStern said:
he should have been impeached when he falsely claimed saddam could launch missles on london in 45 minutes

I agree with you on a lot of things, but I think you're probably thinking of Cyprus.

How do you mean? Stern's right - Blair (and his pet monkey Mr. Jack Straw) did claim that Saddam had WMDs that could be ready to launch and be on their merry little way in around 45 minutes. This was, of course, completely false.

Oh, and if memory serves, some of the government's dossier was lifted out of a post-grad student's coursework. You really couldn't make this up!

London isn't mentioned once in that context in the entire article.

Cyprus is, and I think that a claim on weapons launches on Cyprus were pretty valid, if the "intelligence" coming out at the time was meant to be correct.

I'm unfamiliar with british politics so I dont even know it's an impeachable offense. My biggest beef with blair is their involvement with the coalition

Kangy said:
London isn't mentioned once in that context in the entire article.

Cyprus is, and I think that a claim on weapons launches on Cyprus were pretty valid, if the "intelligence" coming out at the time was meant to be correct.

I was quoting from memory but blair was referring to the UK

CptStern said:
I'm unfamiliar with british politics so I dont even know it's an impeachable offense. My biggest beef with blair is their involvement with the coalition

It's mine too.

Going to Iraq was plain wrong. There were cracks in the intelligence dossier being pointed out at the time, and they were promptly ignored. BBC surveys said that over 50% of the country didn't want to go into Iraq, and neither did I.

I don't think it's really punishable by that though, as many nut jobs have led us into battles far sillier than Iraq before. Slaughtering the Indians?

I dun fink so.

Kangy said:
Slaughtering the Indians?
I dun fink so.
Oh yes, but we won that one easily! Why it was tea and crumpets on the veranda by sunset.

According to the article, the last time we tried to impeach someone was in 1848. And this one's spear-headed by Boris Johnson. Oh this'll be a bench-mark.

I wouldnt exactly call them nut jobs, but yeah it's little more than a publicity stunt. Salmond is just newly back in charge of the SNP and this makes him look good in several quarters .. but the celebrity photocalls kinda take away some of the serious impact.

The fox hunting ban, the queens speech and the routine badness and easy whipping of the tories and the lib dems dont give a lot of room to move atm so it's an ideal way to get your head above the parapet and some media attention lavished on you. The longer they can string it out the better but it's a lame duck policy

el Chi said:
And this one's spear-headed by Boris Johnson. Oh this'll be a bench-mark.

I love the smell of incompetence in morning.

:D

Back