What am I doing wrong?

xcellerate

Tank
Reaction score
So I'm trying to get the rest of the pyro achievements, and I've hit about 20 pyros with the flare gun but that achievement still reads zero, so then I hit a medic/scout/sniper with the flare gun and it still read zero, then finally I killed a sniper with the flare gun, and the achievement still reads ZERO. I mean, what do I have to do to get this achievement???

I've also killed 2 or 3 people carrying my intelligence, and that achievement also reads zero. I'm so confused what I'm doing wrong here.

Some of the Achievements are bugged i think, i can't get any of the Spy ones or the Intel ones, even though ive ignited plenty of intel carriers.

My Flare Gun achievement is updating nicely, so it's not bugged for everyone.

I don't think I've got any yet! Everyone else seems to have the extra weapons, though. The upgraded Pyro is obviously much more powerful than the standard one & so playing as the Pyro without the extras is pretty dull now. I've been on one of the acheivement boxes for the Pyro but it's just a bunch of people killing each other. Not much help there.

For me the balance ha been tipped to much in the updated TF2 & I'm not really enjoying the game at the moment. Everyone is just interested in getting the Pyro extras. Team play has gone out the window a bit for the time being. It's just dull to play at the moment.

I wouldn't choose any of the new pyro weapons over the originals - well, possibly the axe.

I've been on one of the acheivement boxes for the Pyro but it's just a bunch of people killing each other. Not much help there.

well, to be fair, damage and kills are a few of the achievements. But yea, I know what you mean. I tried to host one of those games so I could kick out people who weren't cooperating. Of course, nobody joined.

well, to be fair, damage and kills are a few of the achievements. But yea, I know what you mean. I tried to host one of those games so I could kick out people who weren't cooperating. Of course, nobody joined.
I'd join. we should get some people together on here & just work on those acheivements together. A lot of people have them so they're either just good with the Pyro, co-operating in acheivement boxes ...... or cheating to unlock the extras! I've read on the Steam forum that that has been going on as well.

FYI killing another pyro carrying the intelligence doesn't count towards 'cooking the books', needs to be any other classes.

Also, my flare gun achievement won't go up either and I've hit many many people with it.

I noticed my flare gun achievement wouldn't go up either, but I thought about it and mostly everyone I shot was a Pyro. To actually get the achievement to go up from 0, you have to shoot any other class. You can't ignite the Pyro and that is exactly what the achievement asks of you.

i got the flare gun one to udate no prob.
its funny though, i thought i would really be torn about whether i should stick with the regular flamethrower and use the compression, or go with the backburner and get the 100% back crits and 50+hp

but damn, compression isn't nearly worth it, backburner all the way.
It also gives you a healthy advantage in straight up pyro vs pyro fights if your opponent doesn't have one. Maybe i will switch back when things have calmed down and the servers fill up with demos and soldiers again though.

The flaregun doesn't in and of itself seem all the terribly useful, at first, especially compared to the shotgun's pure damage. But once you get the hang of it, its pretty sweet. The downside is that there now is a range gap between medium long range and just beyond the range of your flamethrower (i.e. ideal shotgun range) that you now suck at and have to adjust your play style accordingly. Also and if you ditched your compression ability, you can't even budge stickies any more.

am one achievement away from getting the axtinguisher.

My achievements don't update (excluding when I obtain the achievement) until I restart TF2.

I'm also having issues with the flare one :(

Some achievements are bugged (mine aren't, thank whoever) but "Ignite" means "Classes other than pyro", probably because of the flame retardant suit.

Some achievements are bugged (mine aren't, thank whoever) but "Ignite" means "Classes other than pyro", probably because of the flame retardant suit.

Yep and it's a pain because everyone is a Pyro right now, lol.

Flare gun achievement worked fine for me, and I'm pretty sure Pyros counted - after all, they do ignite, they just quickly go out again.
As to the new weapons... there's a pretty significant element of strategy involved. You don't want to have the flare gun or Axtinguisher equipped if you're up against another Pyro or if you're underwater, and you don't want the Backburner if you're on offense against Soldiers or Demomen. The only Medic weapon I look at that way is the Kritzkrieg - there's no real reason not to use the Blutsauger or the Ubersaw. Improvement, in my opinion.

The ignite achievments don't always work properly. It's best if you're in an official map, with a server with as few mods as possible. That's what seemed to be best.

Also, ignite achievments don't work with pyros because they don't ignite.

Back