what are those

Q

qdave

1)
do you think this is just random painting or does it mean anything?

d3_c17_10b0014.jpg

2)
any clue what does this sign means?
d3_c17_10b0015.jpg

3) what is written on the headcrab rocket things?
d3_c17_10b0017.jpg

1) Someone got a wife and two kids and got a painting made of the whole family? Most likely just a decorative piece of art, nothing important.
2) It's Combine with an umbrella and a raincoat. Yet another of those "Combine soldiers doing human things" paintings.
3) "Keep away - danger"

The combine-with-baby graffiti, which says 'caste,' is really creepy. IMO.

#2 looks more like G-man in a coat with an umbrella, not a combine.
that would proove that the resistance knows G-man and really 'rented' Gordon from him.

I have never seen #1 or #3 before. I think #2 is more likely to be the G-man but i never heard any1 think it was a Combine Soldier but now that it's been mentioned it does look possible.

bboymatty said:
thats possible
g-man may have links to the rebels

You see the G-Man talking to the guy that gives you the rockets!!
Then, he has links to the rebels... super-interesting....

That second one has been interpreted as both Gman and Combine in a raincoat, I think its the "tie knot" or "end of gasmask" thats confusing it. Not too sure myself.

SimonomiS said:
That second one has been interpreted as both Gman and Combine in a raincoat, I think its the "tie knot" or "end of gasmask" thats confusing it. Not too sure myself.
But surely, no matter whether that's a tie knot or part of a combine gasmask, the white notch underneath it is a tie? It's a bizarre idea that a Combine guy would wear a tie, and it's far more likely to be the G-Man. He does appear in the most random ways :)

Yes that is an optical illusion. Except if it is the g-man(or anyone else) with the tie, looks like he is missing his lower jaw. If it's a gas mask, could just be a citizen with their mask.

As for the first picture, maybe it's a Valve person and family?

It can only be the g-man. Notice that if you try to see a mask, theres a white thing under it that doesn't fit. That's part of the tie. Now try to see it as a tie, that white thing is clear now! ;)

MigaS_tX said:
You see the G-Man talking to the guy that gives you the rockets!!
Then, he has links to the rebels... super-interesting....

when?? :eek:

Mr.Awesome said:

you kill a combine looking through telescope thingy, kill him, use it. Then you see Gman and that sergent (sp?) guy takling. Nocliip there and he is giving him rockets.

That painting has a man in the suit. Reminded me of the GMan, would be funny to see him painted with a wife and kids :D.

Tim F said:
The combine-with-baby graffiti, which says 'caste,' is really creepy. IMO.
I printed that graffiti out on 8 sheets of paper and put it on my wall :)

Solver said:
That painting has a man in the suit. Reminded me of the GMan, would be funny to see him painted with a wife and kids :D.

Yeah and G-man's kid looks remarkably like Gordon, wearing black frame glasses and sporting a ginger beard. LOL. :LOL:

(BTW I do not support the G-man is Gordon's father theory)

KarkuRi said:
What does (sp?) mean?
It means "Spelling"? As in, the person who posts it doesn't think they've written something right and is pointing out that they don't know how that word is spelt.

Basically they are saying, “I know I might have spelt this wrong but I don’t care. Don’t be retard and flame me over it.”

there is a grafiti in later city 17, just after the "almost infinite manhack part" where you enter a tunnel filled with toxic stuff, demolished cars and many happy happy zombies.

The grafitti represent something like ( i think) a side-cuts of three heads: of an human head, followed by a another mean-looking race head, followed by a ape head.

Back