What are your favorite movie soundtracks?

Lucid

The Freeman
Reaction score
Just got finished watching Ocean's Eleven(new one) and Ocean's Twelve.

Went out and bought the soundtracks...
I love them.
In 11, it's all very jazzy and cool... in 12 it's all italian/french-esque and very pleasing to the ears.

Put these two up there with
Braveheart
Gladiator
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Lord of the Rings
Pink Floyd : The Wall

Well, List em.

Requiem for a Dream has the best soundtrack of any film, hands down. Every track on the album is an original composition for the film, and anyone who's seen it can reiterate what a great score it has. So haunting, so much emotion...even with no words.

Kill Bill volume 1's soundtrack isn't half bad either.

Bohonkie said:
Requiem for a Dream has the best soundtrack of any film, hands down. Every track on the album is an original composition for the film, and anyone who's seen it can reiterate what a great score it has. So haunting, so much emotion...even with no words.

Kill Bill volume 1's soundtrack isn't half bad either.

-off topic-
Damn, I still have yet to see Requiem!
I keep hearing how awesomely trippy it is...
Like if I like Donnie Darko, I'd love Requiem.
What's it about?

xlucidx said:
-off topic-
Damn, I still have yet to see Requiem!
I keep hearing how awesomely trippy it is...
Like if I like Donnie Darko, I'd love Requiem.
What's it about?

It's a movie about drugs. It follows the story of a son, his friend, girlfriend, and mother, documenting their travels through the good times and eventual downfall. The cinamatography and direction are absolutely amazing, as is the score and acting. Ellen Burnstein got robbed of an academ award.

It's by far the most depressing movie I've ever seen. After I watched it the first time, I couldn't push stop on the dvd player, I couldn't laugh and talk with my friends. I just went to my room and laid on my bed and looked up at the ceiling and thought about what I just saw. 2 days later I watched it again and actually got a chance to appreciate what a good film it is. But that first time...watch out. Not a feelgood movie in the least bit.

I personally love the film. I believe they should edit some of the sexual scenes and show it to schools all over the country. Although the film only covers marijuana, speed, and heroin (mostly heroin), I can guarantee this film alone will prove more effective than D.A.R.E. or any other bullshit government anti-drug program.

Fav Soundtracks -
Akira
Singles
Fight Club
Garden State

Back