What does the Catholic Church and Paris Hilton have in common?

simonjedi

Spy
Reaction score
They both have sex tapes.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-04-26/priest-sex-tape-horror/full/
Brazilian street vendors are hawking a video of an elderly priest molesting an altar boy. Dom Phillips reports from Brazil on the pope’s brewing crisis in South America.

In the small Brazilian city of Arapiraca, tucked away in the poor, conservative northeast corner of the country, a hidden-camera video showing an octogenarian priest having sex with a young altar boy is being hawked on the street. For $5 to $10, vendors here will sell you the video, downloading it directly into your cellphone via Bluetooth. The price depends on the quality and length of the footage. According to one street vendor, the most popular download is the “complete” version. Buyers, he says, are “almost everybody—not just the curious.”

Even as the Catholic Church reels from abuse accusations that go straight to the pope, the incidents in Arapiraca are developing into a full-blown disaster that will land it near the top of the Vatican’s growing stack of crises. The sex tape is part of a scandal enveloping three of the city’s most venerated priests, and its release has led to threats, blackmail allegations, and counterattacks from the local church. In a place like Brazil—a country obsessed with sex, religion, and overwrought soap operas—one would expect nothing less than the bizarre narrative currently unfolding.

It will be interesting to see how this crisis will change the Catholic church. The sheer scope of the huge amount of scandals will surely take a very long time to recover from, if it can recover at all.

Of course it can recover, there wasn't a shortage of people at the vatican on World Youth Day was there?

Of course it can recover, there wasn't a shortage of people at the vatican on World Youth Day was there?

You are absolutely right, because catholics are ****ing stupid (like all other religious people).

Are you being sarcastic? theyre not stupid, just alittle naive.

No, not sarcastic. And yes, they are stupid. Their pope, the guy that is supposed to have a direct line to God, covered up child molestation. And yet as you said they still follow him.

The Pope waits and listens, but the hat never speaketh thru him.

You are absolutely right, because catholics are ****ing stupid (like all other religious people).
Ummm... How am I stupid because I'm Catholic? That's a pretty mean thing to say. I don't go around making generalizations of atheists and agnostics.

No, not sarcastic. And yes, they are stupid. Their pope, the guy that is supposed to have a direct line to God, covered up child molestation. And yet as you said they still follow him.
I'm very saddened by the fact that our pope covered up these cases, but it's not my place to judge, and I can be assured that he will be punished in accordance with his crimes when he reaches the next life.

Why should we wait for him to be punished in an imaginary kingdom some people belives exists? I say **** that. He should have to answer to what he has done like everyone else.

Saddened... Come on dude.

I'm very saddened by the fact that our pope covered up these cases, but it's not my place to judge, and I can be assured that he will be punished in accordance with his crimes when he reaches the next life.

So he has an all access pass to break the law under the assumption that he'll pay for his crimes when he dies?

:|

That's bullshit. Covering up crimes is considered a criminal breach of law. By extension, Ratzinger became an accomplice of priests-molesters and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Besides, Jesus explicitly stated that these kinds of crimes are to be punished right here, on Earth:

Mark 9 said:
42And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

43And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

44Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

45And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

46Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

47And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: >

So, Ratzinger has not only violated human laws, but also divine laws.

Thus, he needs to be hanged by the nuts until squealing.

'no childs behind left'

to quote mr.hitchens

HL2.net sure is cranking out the religion threads this week.

Im sorry if it sounds mean. But honestly, what you just said is ****ing retarded.

But dont worry, there is time for redemption. Admit your religion is stupid and that the bible is bullshit and then there is still hope for you.

Yeah it's retarded but it's someone who follows Catholic traditions but don't belive in god. Or something.

I'm very saddened by the fact that our pope covered up these cases, but it's not my place to judge,

maureenklaughing.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHA. Not your place to judge! AHAHAHAHAHA. The man your church and religion look to for moral guidance, and its not your place to judge him. AHAHAHAHAHA As if its not in fact your duty to hold him to a higher set of values and criticism being an icon of your faith and a representative of your entire belief system... AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, *wipes away tear* you truly are the greatest comedian hl2.net has ever seen!

Im sorry if it sounds mean. But honestly, what you just said is ****ing retarded.

But dont worry, there is time for redemption. Admit your religion is stupid and that the bible is bullshit and then there is still hope for you.

Ummm. Go F yourself.

maureenklaughing.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHA. Not your place to judge! AHAHAHAHAHA. The man your church and religion look to for moral guidance, and its not your place to judge him. AHAHAHAHAHA As if its not in fact your duty to hold him to a higher set of values and criticism being an icon of your faith and a representative of your entire belief system... AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, *wipes away tear* you truly are the greatest comedian hl2.net has ever seen!

The pope doesn't hold as big of an influence over the church as he used to. Most Catholics that I know, respect him, but don't revere him. Catholics look to God first for guidance. And only seek advice from the pope on matters of faith and Catholic teaching.

Ummm. Go F yourself.

Why you so defensive? You said that the pope doesn't hold any accoutability on this earth no matter what he does. I'm sorry bro, that's ****ing retarded. Just as retarded as believing some book written by some people a couple thousand years ago that says the earth is flat and that gold rusts.

But I know where you are coming from. You can't admit that your logic is wrong because it's been burned in to your brain through your parents, community, or whoever else. So you simply don't think about it and you would rather be arrogant (saying such stupid things as you did above) than realizing that everything you believed all these years is an outright lie.

Redemption is here whenever you want it, come to the light buddy.

The pope doesn't hold as big of an influence over the church as he used to. Most Catholics that I know, respect him, but don't revere him. Catholics look to God first for guidance. And only seek advice from the pope on matters of faith and Catholic teaching.
But he is still the highest ranking mortal in the whole organization, why do you feel that you shouldn't care that he protected child rapists?

And if you take advice from the pope on child molestation he will tell you that you should cover it up. Great idea!

Why you so defensive? You said that the pope doesn't hold any accoutability on this earth no matter what he does. I'm sorry bro, that's ****ing retarded. Just as retarded as believing some book written by some people a couple thousand years ago that says the earth is flat and that gold rusts.

But I know where you are coming from. You can't admit that your logic is wrong because it's been burned in to your brain through your parents, community, or whoever else. So you simply don't think about it and you would rather be arrogant (saying such stupid things as you did above) than realizing that everything you believed all these years is an outright lie.

Redemption is here whenever you want it, come to the light buddy.
Don't you think that I went through a period of thinking that my religion was bullcrap? I did. But I came back to it because I realized that it made the most logical sense. I have found redemption, so thanks but no thanks, I've been down that road before.

But he is still the highest ranking mortal in the whole organization, why do you feel that you shouldn't care that he protected child rapists?

I care. It upsets me very much. But a pope can't be excommunicated or removed from office, it's a stupid regulation I know, and it will probably be changed sooner rather than later.

Don't you think that I went through a period of thinking that my religion was bullcrap? I did. But I came back to it because I realized that it made the most logical sense. I have found redemption, so thanks but no thanks, I've been down that road before.

Wow, now I read everything. religion makes the most logical sense?

How is some God that you never met or heard from giving you orders through people thousands of years ago make the most sense? Not to mention those people wrote in the bible that the earth is flat, that gold rusts, and that the universe was made 6,000 years ago?

You clearly don't believe any of those things, right? So then logically how do you say that this makes the most sense?

Why would a God even have you live here if heaven exists? Why wouldn't he come down himself and explain to you how you need to live your life? Why does God constantly allow such evil in this world? How in the world is any of this logical to you? Im honestly intrigued.

I care. It upsets me very much. But a pope can't be excommunicated or removed from office, it's a stupid regulation I know, and it will probably be changed sooner rather than later.
If the papacy has failed to live up to even the most rudimentary moral code, why don't you just switch to a different Christian dominion? What's keeping you in Catholicism? The papacy is after all the most central institution in the whole origination. Furthermore, papal infallibility is a central principle within the Church, which is something that, by your own accord, has failed. I'm just keen on learning your thoughts, that's all.

Wow, now I read everything. religion makes the most logical sense?

How is some God that you never met or heard from giving you orders through people thousands of years ago make the most sense? Not to mention those people wrote in the bible that the earth is flat, that gold rusts, and that the universe was made 6,000 years ago?

You clearly don't believe any of those things, right? So then logically how do you say that this makes the most sense?

Why would a God even have you live here if heaven exists? Why wouldn't he come down himself and explain to you how you need to live your life? Why does God constantly allow such evil in this world? How in the world is any of this logical to you? Im honestly intrigued.
I don't think the Bible ever said the earth was flat, but I do believe that God created the universe about 12-15,000 years ago. God never promised us perfection on this earth, but in the next.

I don't think the Bible ever said the earth was flat, but I do believe that God created the universe about 12-15,000 years ago. God never promised us perfection on this earth, but in the next.

My grandmother is a hardcore protestant and she doesn't even believe in that 6000-12,000 year old earth garbage. It's just so silly.

Even the Catholic Church doesn't endorse that kind of retarded bullshit.

Well I think that believing that the universe is several billion or trillion years old is stupid as well.

I'm biting my tongue so hard it's gonna ****ing come off.

Yes, but you're ignoring a plethora of evidence to the contrary. The idea of it being less than 20,000 years old is based on... what?

Ok, you're trolling right? Trolling infraction please. Alternatively infraction for "too dumb to live".

Back