What Just Happened?

FoxDie

Reaction score
When I logged in to Steam few minutes ago, a window popped up and said, "Please Wait While Steam Verifies Game Files." It then said it was validating CS:S, and showed me a progress bar. Has anyone else had this happen?

Here is a screenshot:

Attachments

• validation.jpg
    validation.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 359
It's for the cracked CSS people to learn a lesson

Sprafa said:
It's for the cracked CSS people to learn a lesson
Ah, I see. I had to download it again last night because I reformatted about a week ago. I just didn't think it would take Steam that long to verify that I have CZ :p

This can be closed now mods :)

The same thing is happening to me. Do you mean this is to check whether we have the cracked version of CS:S? I have the legal version.

dæmon said:
The same thing is happening to me. Do you mean this is to check whether we have the cracked version of CS:S? I have the legal version.
If you have a legal version, then you are fine :)

why douse valve even have the "RIGHTS" to scan ower computers (im legit) !?!? id laugh if someone sent a pigyback on steam pfft!

It's ussually done because if you close steam in a weird way(exit steam prem) it has to check the integrity of the cache files.

It's also done at random times to check the integrity.

yeah, I noticed a verification thingy lately, it dissapears in half a second, but I've seen it. So it's to check the integrity. Thanks :) I thought valve was hax0ring my ass.

If they were gonna hax0r your ass, would they really pop up a box telling you about it?

I'd be loads more stealthy myself.

lol, when steam updated, my cs:s got deleted!!! i have a cs:z downloaded through steam, so i havent cracked it. ive tried to install it countless times, and get the message along the lines of:

'steam servers are too busy to deal with your request. please try again in a minute'.

LMAO and very pissed off. wtf is going on with steam nowadays????

Is it possible the CS:S beta is over and valve has removed the CS:S content?

hey guys, remember when WON scanned your computer without giving you an option to say no? no, neither do i.

The scan is nothing more than Steam making sure the gcf files are working. I dunno if anyone remembers a while back but if Steam wasnt shutdown by closing it with 'Exit' and you just shutdown your PC with Steam still open. The next time you started steam it would go crazy with Hard Drive activity and cause 100% cpu usage. This was because it was validating the files due to a detected abnormal shutdown. Valve changed it to only check once in every 20 fails or something now and also kindly added the progress bar to keep us informed.

To avoid seeing this try to Exit steam before a Windows Shutdown. ;)

Back